Here we have given Today Current Affairs 26th Sept 2016. Nowadays Current Affairs are very Important to crack any Govt Jobs or Bank Jobs. So it is very Important to know the Daily Current Affairs. Candidates who are preparing for the Competitive Exam they need General Knowledge and Current Affairs. Here we have Provided the Latest Current Affairs. For Daily, Weekley, and Monthly Current Affairs and GK follow our site regularly. These latest current affairs will help you to gain the more knowledge.
Today Current Affairs 26th Sept 2016
You can read the Toady current affairs here. We are also giving Quiz based on these updates. So, candidates can also write a quiz. Read Toady updates and attempt the GK quiz on 26th September. This GK Quiz will help you to increase your performance in the exams. Check the below Today Current Affairs 26th Sept 2016 below.
GST Amendment Bill Passed by the Madhya Pradesh
The MP Assembly has passed the Goods & Service Tax (GST) Constitution Amendment Bill. Madhya Pradesh became the seventh state in the country to ratify the important tax amendment bill.
Before Gujarat, Bihar, Jharkhand, Assam, Himachal Pradesh and Chhattisgarh have already passed the bill in their respective States.
Indian Oil Corporation New Chairman Sanjiv Singh
- Sanjiv Singh (56-year) will be the new Chairman of Indian Oil Corporation (IOC).
- He replaced B Ashok on his superannuation at the end of May 2017.
- Singh is currently Director of Refineries at IOC since 1st July 2014.
Rajasthan replaces 5 lakh streetlights with LED bulbs
International airport to come up at Purandar, Pune
Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis has declared that proposed Pune International Airport will now come up in Purandar taluka, which is about 42 km from Pune.
- An expert team of Airports Authority of India (AAI) had conducted the feasibility study of the land for the project at Purandar taluka and approved it four days ago.
Delhi Government to have state-level bravery awards
The Delhi government has cleared a proposal of having state-level bravery awards.
- These awards were given out on Independence Day (15-August) and Republic Day (26th-January) every year.
- Ten awards will be paid and will carry a cash prize of 2 lakh rupees each.
- The winners will be selected as per the nominations by the public.
Delhi government raises Doctors retirement age to 65
The Delhi administration has increased the retirement age of city government services doctors to 65 years.
- Earlier, the retirement age of doctors was 62 years.
- The Lieutenant Governor (LG) Najeeb Jung has given his approval to government’s proposal to increase the retirement age of doctors.
IAF successfully test fires long range air-to-air MICA missile
Indian Air Force (IAF) has successfully fired long-range air-to-air MICA missile from Mirage-2000 Upgrade combat aircraft on a maneuvering target.
- The rocket reached a direct hit on a target which was much smaller than an actual aircraft and flying at a low altitude.
- IAF has become one of the few air forces in the world that have the capability of starting such beyond visual range (BVR) air-to-air missile.
Velavan Senthilkumar wins squash U-19 Asian title in Kuala Lumpur
Asian Junior Individual Squash Championship under 19 title was Lifted by the India’s Velavan Senthilkumar (from Chennai) in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
- Senthilkumar defeated Jordan’s Mohammad Al-Sarraj (12-14, 9-11, 11-6, 11-8, 11-7) to claim the title.