BIS Scientist B Study Material Download
BIS Scientist B Study Material is available for download from this page. The Bureau of Indian Standards has recently released a notification for recruitment of candidates into Scientist Grade B posts. Many candidates have applied to this BIS Scientist B posts. There are 97 vacancies in various departments. Candidates who are preparing for BIS Scientist B can check for BIS Scientist B Study Material provided in this page. Aspirants can check the subject material and short-cuts given below. Candidates can check the BIS Scientist B Syllabus, Exam Pattern, Previous Papers & BIS Scientist B Study Material to start their preparation. We are providing Important Formulae books in pdf format for convenience of candidates. The Model Questions are also provided here. The BIS Scientist B Exam will be conducted on 18th October 2015. Still many candidates will be searching for gathering material. Then recruitment.guru is the right place for getting material and tips for exam.
Candidates can visit this website for more updates regarding BIS Scientist B recruitment 2015, BIS Scientist B Important Exam Dates, BIS Scientist B Syllabus & Exam Pattern, BIS Scientist B Previous Papers, BIS Scientist B Admit Cards 2015 etc.
Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS) is an authorized standards body in India working under the Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food & Public Distribution & Government of India. The BIS was established in 1986. The BIS was formerly known as Indian Standards Institution (ISI). The primary objective of BIS is recognition and promotion of Indian Standards. It handles activities in the field of Standardization, Product and System Certification, Hallmarking of Gold & Silver Jewellery, Laboratory Testing, etc. BIS is also responsible for Standardization and Certification at the International level. BIS releases notifications every year for recruitment of candidates into various posts in different disciplines. Eligible candidates who are interested in Central Government Jobs can apply to this posts in online mode after the release of notification. Applicants can visit the official website for further details. The official website of Bureau of Indian Standards is www.bis.org.in.
BIS Scientist B Previous Papers
The BIS Scientist B previous papers are available in our website for download. Candidates can check the BIS Scientist B Old Question papers in our website to analyze the exam pattern and study in an easy manner. Download the BIS Scientist B Study Material PDF provided below. Study last minute important tips for General Reasoning and Numerical Aptitude. Candidates who are searching for BIS Scientist Material can download directly from our web site.
BIS Scientist Grade ‘B’ Exam Pattern 2015
The BIS Scientist Grade B Exam Pattern is given below. The exam consists of the following features:
- The exam is of Objective type i.e it consists of Multiple Choice Questions.
- Duration of the exam is 120 Minutes.
- The exam consists of 4 sections.
- Each section consists of 50 questions.
- The exam is conducted for a total of 200 Marks.
- There will be a total of 200 questions.
- There will be negative marking of 0.25 for each wrong answer.
- Each candidate must score a minimum of 50% in Technical Knowledge section.
- There is an overall cutoff of 50% marks out of total marks in the online exam.
BIS Scientist B Model Questions
The BIS Scientist B Study Material pdf is given below. The BIS Scientist B Model Questions are given for reference. The Sample questions are given below subject wise mainly concentrating on common subjects for all disciplines.
BIS Scientist B Exam – Quantitative Aptitude Section
1. A train running at the speed of 60 km/hr crosses a pole in 9 seconds. What is the length of the train?
- 120 metres
- 180 metres
- 324 metres
- 150 metres
2. The length of the bridge, which a train 130 metres long and travelling at 45 km/hr can cross in 30 seconds, is:
- 200 m
- 225 m
- 245 m
- 250 m
3. A, B and C can do a piece of work in 20, 30 and 60 days respectively. In how many days can A do the work if he is assisted by B and C on every third day?
- 12 days
- 15 days
- 16 days
- 18 days
4. A father said to his son, “I was as old as you are at the present at the time of your birth”. If the father’s age is 38 years now, the son’s age five years back was:
- 14 years
- 19 years
- 33 years
- 38 years
5. What least number must be added to 1056, so that the sum is completely divisible by 23 ?
BIS Scientist B Exam – Reasoning
1. Look at this series: 7, 10, 8, 11, 9, 12, … What number should come next?
2. Marathon is to race as hibernation is to
3. All the trees in the park are flowering trees.
Some of the trees in the park are dogwoods.
All dogwoods in the park are flowering trees.
If the first two statements are true, the third statement is
4. ELFA, GLHA, ILJA, _____, MLNA
5. Look at this series: 1.5, 2.3, 3.1, 3.9, … What number should come next?
BIS Scientist B Exam – English
1. BRIEF – Synonym?
2. Find the correctly spelt word?
3. ENORMOUS – Antonym?
5. To keeps one’s temper
- To become hungry
- To be in good mood
- To preserve ones energy
- To be aloof from
BIS Scientist B – Important Topics
BIS Scientist B Study Material – Mechanical discipline
- Engineering Mechanics.
- Mechanics of Materials.
- Theory of Machines.
- Fluid Mechanics.
- Stress Analysis.
- Strength of Materials.
- Hydraulic Machines.
- Steam Boilers and Engines.
- Steam Nozzles and Turbines.
- Machine Design.
- IC Engines.
- Compressors, Gas Dynamics and Gas Turbines.
- Refrigeration and Air Conditioning.
- Production Engineering.
- Industrial Engineering.
- Production Management.
BIS Scientist B Study Material – Metallurgical Discipline
- Thermodynamics & Rate Process
- Laws of thermodynamics
- Extractive Metallurgy
- Physical Metallurgy
- Mechanical Metallurgy
- Manufacturing Processes
BIS Scientist B Study Material – Civil Discipline
- Structural Analysis
- Engineering Mechanics
- Solid Mechanics
- Construction Materials and Management
- Concrete Structures
- Steel Structures
- Geotechnical Engineering
- Foundation Engineering
- Water Resources Engineering
- Fluid Mechanics
- Environmental Engineering
- Transportation Engineering
- Geomatics Engineering
BIS Scientist B Study Material – Electronics Discipline
- Electronic Devices
- Signals and Systems
- Analog Circuits
- Digital Circuits
- Control Systems
BIS Scientist B Study Material – Electrical Discipline
- Electric Circuits
- Electromagnetic Fields
- Signals and Systems
- Electrical Machines
- Power Systems
- Control Systems
- Electrical and Electronic Measurements
- Analog and Digital Electronics
- Power Electronics
BIS Scientist B Study Material – Chemical Discipline
- Process Calculations and Thermodynamics.
- Fluid Mechanics and Mechanical Operations.
- Heat Transfer.
- Mass Transfer.
- Chemical Reaction Engineering.
- Instrumentation and Process Control.
- Plant Design and Economics.
- Chemical Technology.
BIS Scientist B Study Material – Chemistry Discipline
- Surfaces and Interfaces
- Inorganic Chemistry
- Main Group Elements
- Transition Elements
- Lanthanides and Actinides
- Bioinorganic Chemistry
- Instrumental Methods of Analysis
- Organic Chemistry
- Reaction Mechanisms
- Organic Synthesis
- Pericyclic Reactions and Photochemistry
- Heterocyclic Compounds
BIS Scientist B Study Material – Microbiology Discipline
- Historical Perspective
- Methods in Microbiology
- Microbial Taxonomy and Diversity
- Prokaryotic and Eukaryotic Cells: Structure and Function
- Microbial Growth
- Control of Micro-Organisms
- Microbial Metabolism
- Microbial Diseases and Host-Pathogen Interaction
- Microbial Genetics
- Microbial Ecology
BIS Scientist B Exam Material – Download
The BIS Scientist B Study Material is given below subject wise. Candidates can utilize this opportunity and prepare well for the exam.
BIS Scientist B Study Material for Quantitative Ability
BIS Scientist B Study Material for Metallurgical Engineering
BIS Scientist B Study Material for Mechanical Engineering
BIS Scientist B Study Material for Civil Engineering
BIS Scientist B Study Material for Electrical Engineering
Download BIS Scientist B Study Material 2015
Name of the Organization: Bureau of Indian Standards.
Name of the Post: Scientist B.
Number of Vacancies: 97.
Job Location: India.
Official Website: www.bis.org.in
Direct Link to BIS Scientist B Exam 2015 Details