IBPS SO Syllabus
IBPS SO Syllabus Details:-
Aspirants who are looking for IBPS SO Syllabus reached the right place. Candidates who are interested in Bank Jobs and Government Jobs can apply to these IBPS Specialist Officer jobs. Applicants who are going to attend for the IBPS Specialist Officer Examination are searching for the IBPS SO Syllabus and Exam Pattern. In this page, we are providing the complete details regarding IBPS SO Exam Syllabus and IBPS SO Exam Pattern for Law Officer, Rajbhasha Adhikari, IT Officer, Agricultural Field Officer (ARO), HR/ Personnel Officer & Marketing Officer. Candidates who are going to attend the Specialist Officer IBPS Exam can view the detailed IBPS SO Syllabus here. Applicants have to see the IBPS CWE SPL -V- SO Exam Syllabus & Exam Pattern, who are preparing for the examination. The direct link for IBPS SO Syllabus pdf is given below. Download link is also enclosed below for the guidance of the candidates. Aspirants, prepare well and All the Best!!!
For more Exam Syllabus for Various Government Jobs visit – Government Exam Syllabus
For more information regarding IBPS Clerks Prelims Result 2015, IBPS SO Exam dates, IBPS SO Admit Cards, IBPS SO Previous Papers, IBPS SO Results, bookmark our site recruitment.guru and stay tuned with us!!!
Institute of Banking Personnel Selection
Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) is an autonomous agency in India, which started its operation in 1975 as Personnel Selection Services (PSS).In 1984, IBPS became an independent entity at the behest of Reserve Bank of India (RBI) and Public Sector Banks. In 2011, IBPS announced a Common Written Examination (CWE) for the selection Officers and Clerks in Indian banks. IBPS CWE is now mandatory for anyone who seeks employment in 20 public sectors and Regional Rural banks. IBPS periodically accepts the exam applications from the candidates at their website, and the exams are organized at various locations in the country in online mode. Aspirants have to go through interview process after clearing the online test conduct by the IBPS.
IBPS Specialist Officer Exam Pattern 2016
IBPS Specialist Officer Exam Pattern for the year 2016 is available here. Applied Candidates should appear for the Online test on prescribed dates. The candidates who shortlisted in the Online test will go to Personal Interview stage.
Final selection and provisional allotment to any of the participating banks will be based on the merit made by combined performance in Online Test and Common Interviews. The marks allotted for the IBPS SO Online test are 200 marks & for Interview 100 marks. The minimum qualifying marks in interview will not be less than 40% (35% for SC/ST/OBC/PWD candidates). The weightage of Online CWE and interview will be 80:20.
The key features of the IBPS SO Exam pattern are as follows:
- The Exam will have 200 Objective Type questions (MCQ’s) for 200 Marks.
- Duration of the exam is 120 Minutes.
- There is negative marking of 0.25 marks for wrong answers.
- There are Four Sections in IBPS SO ( Specialist Officer) Exam.
- The sections English language, Reasoning, Professional Knowledge are common. Quantitative Aptitude or General Awareness depends on the particular type of post you apply for.
IBPS SO Exam Pattern for Law Officer & Rajbhasha Adhikari
IBPS SO Exam Pattern is given for the guidance of the applicants. Candidates can refer the IBPS Exam Pattern for Law Officer & Rajbhasha Adhikari posts given below.
The Exam Pattern for IBPS CWE SPL – V- SO Law Officer & Rajbhasha Adhikari is provided below:
|3||General Awareness with special
reference to Banking Industry
IBPS SO Exam Pattern for IT Officer, Agricultural Field Officer (AFO),
HR/ Personnel Officer & Marketing Officer
IBPS SO Exam Pattern is given for the guidance of the applicants. Candidates can refer to the Exam Pattern for IT Officer, Agricultural Field Officer, HR/ Personnel Officer & Marketing Officer posts given below.
The Exam Pattern for IBPS CWE SPL – V- SO is provided below:
IBPS Specialist Officer Syllabus 2016
IBPS SO Syllabus is available here. Applicants can view the IBPS Specialist Officer Syllabus 2016 here and start their preparation. The IBPS SO Syllabus for various posts consists of English language, Reasoning, Professional Knowledge, Quantitative Aptitude, and General Awareness.
IBPS SO Syllabus for Reasoning
Topics to be prepared under IBPS SO Syllabus for Reasoning are given below. Reasoning Syllabus for IBPS bank SO Exam is given here. Aspirants can give a glance at them.
- Puzzle Test.
- Alphabet Test.
- Eligibility Test.
- Cubes and Dice.
- Data Sufficiency.
- Theme Detection.
- Series Completion.
- Clocks & Calendars.
- Direction Sense Test.
- Logical Venn Diagrams.
- Situation Reaction Test.
- Statement – Arguments.
- Statement – Conclusions.
- Arithmetical Reasoning.
- Mathematical Operations.
- Logical Sequence of Words.
- Alpha Numeric Sequence Puzzle.
- Inserting The Missing Character.
- Number, Ranking & Time Sequence.
- Deriving Conclusions from Passages.
IBPS SO Syllabus for English
Topics to be prepared under IBPS SO English Syllabus is given below. Aspirants can give a glance at them.
- Word Formation.
- Error Correction.
- Theme detection.
- Fill in the Blanks.
- Unseen Passages.
- Idioms & Phrases.
- Passage Correction.
- Idioms and Phrases.
- Sentence Correction.
- Passage Completion.
- Sentence Completion.
- Subject-Verb Agreement.
- Sentence Rearrangement.
IBPS SO Syllabus for General Awareness/ Banking
Topics to be prepared under IBPS SO Syllabus for General Awareness and some special reference to Banking industry are given below. Aspirants can give a glance at them.
Questions here will be asked for testing the candidate’s General Awareness of the environments around him and its application to society.
- General Politics.
- Scientific Research.
- Indian Constitution.
- Countries & Capitals etc.
- Budget and Five Year Plans.
- Knowledge of Current Events.
- Science – Inventions & Discoveries.
- India and its neighboring countries.
- Important Financial & Economic News.
- Current Affairs – National & International.
- Over 50% of the questions will be related to Economy, Banking and Finance.
IBPS SO Syllabus for Quantitative Aptitude
Topics to be prepared under IBPS SO Syllabus for Quantitative Aptitude are given below. Aspirants can give a glance at them.
- Pie Charts.
- Bar Graphs.
- Line Graphs.
- HCF & LCM.
- Profit and Loss.
- Time and Work.
- Number System.
- Boats & Streams.
- Pipes & Cisterns.
- Problems on Ages.
- Time and Distance.
- Problems on Trains.
- Decimal & Fractions.
- Ratio and Proportions.
- Mixtures & Allegations.
- Volume & Surface Area.
- Permutation & Combination.
- Simple & Compound Interest.
- Heights & Distances Partnership.
IBPS SO Syllabus for Professional Knowledge
IBPS Specialist Officer Syllabus for Professional Knowledge is below. In this section, questions from respective fields are asked – Agriculture, Law, Marketing, IT and HR. For Engineering (Professional Knowledge) – respective branch syllabus of GATE exam may be asked.
IBPS SO IT Officer Syllabus
- Database Management System (DBMS): Questions will be asked from RDBMS, E- R Diagrams, Normalization, Overview of SQL queries, Transaction Management.
- Data Communication & Networking, IP Addressing (Subnetting), Network, Architecture, OSI Model, TCP-IP Model, Data Communication.
- Operating System – Types of OS, Semaphore, Scheduling, Network Security, Cyber Crimes – Risk Management, Firewall, Cryptography, Process thread, Dead Lock, Memory Partitioning, Page Replacement, Computer organization, Hardware, Microprocessor, Bus Structure, etc.
- Software Engineering and data structure topics like SDLC, Software Development Models, Array, Linked List, Stacks, etc.
- Web Technologies and basics of Programming Languages topics like HTML Tags, XML, Network Security, Basics of C, C++, OOP languages.
IBPS SO HR Officer Syllabus
IBPS SO Syllabus for HR Officer is given below.
- Human Resource Development: Strategies and Systems.
- Transnational Analysis.
- Training and Development.
- Recruitment & Selection.
- Rewards & Recognition.
- Industrial relations.
Details About IBPS SO Exam 2016
Name of the Organization: Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS).
Job Role: Specialist Officer.
Job Category: Central Government.
Job Location: India.
Last date for so application: 10.12.2015.
Date of exam: 30 & 31.01.2016 (Tentative).
Official Website: ibps.in.
Direct Link for Specialist Officer IBPS Syllabus