- 1 Independence day
- 2 Best Patriotic Messages, Greetings for Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp
- 3 Independence Day Quotes
- 4 Independence Day SMS Quotes for Facebook
- 5 Independence Day SMS Quotes for Whatsapp & Twitter
- 6 Independence Day Wall Papers
- 7 Indian Flag Pics
- 8 Independence Day Wall Papers for free Download
Independence Day 2015 : As India gears up to celebrate its 69th year of independence from the British on Saturday, it’s time to remember those who fought tirelessly for the freedom of the country and those who shaped its destiny in the subsequent years with their vision and wisdom.
Best Patriotic Messages, Greetings for Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp
The day is observed to celebrate the nation’s freedom from the British rule in 1947, a movement led by personalities like Mahatma Gandhi, Jawaharlal Nehru, Bhagat Singh, Sardar Vallabhai Patel, Lala Lajpat Rai, Chandra Shekhar Azad, Gopal Krishna Gokhale, Sarojini Naidu, Lokmanya Tilak, among many others.
Independence Day Quotes
On this 69th Independence day, check out some inspiring messages to be shared with friends on social media and WhatsApp:
1. It makes my heart beat with pride,
to see the colours of Independence Day spreading happiness and great joys all around.
Happy Independence Day
May the glory of Independence Day be with your forever.
2. Celebrate the free spirit of India.
Happy 69th Independence Day
May this Independence Day fills your life happiness and prosperity.
Happy Independence Day.
3. Freedom is the oxygen of the soul. Happy Independence Day
Thousands laid down their lives so that
Our country can celebrate this day
Never forget their sacrifices..
4. Our life is full of colours.
I hope this 15th August will add more colours to your life.
Happy Independence Day.
See how we lose identity when we forget “I” of INDIAN.
Be Indian, Dil se
Happy Independence Day.
Independence Day SMS Quotes for Facebook
- Vande Mataram (Hail to the Mother(land))‘: Bankim Chandra Chattopadhyay
- ‘Jai Jawan, Jai Kisan; Long Live Youth, Long Live Farmer‘: Lal Bahadur Shastri
- ‘Jai Hind‘: Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose
- ‘Swaraj Mera Janamsiddha adhikar hai, aur main ise laker rahoonga (Swaraj is my birthright and I shall have it)‘: coined by Kaka Baptista and adopted by Bal Gangadhar Tilak
- ‘Satyameva Jayathe (Truth alone will win)‘: popularised by Pandit Madan Mohan Malaviya
- ‘Inquilab Zindabad (Long Live the Revolution)‘: coined by Muslim Leader Hasrat Mohani and stands synonymous with Bhagat Singh
- ‘Sarfaroshi Ki Tamanna, Ab hamare dil mein hai‘: a patriotic poem by Bismil Azimabadi and used as slogan by Ramprasad Bismil.
Independence Day SMS Quotes for Whatsapp & Twitter
- “If yet your blood does not rage, then it is water that flows in your veins. For what is the flush of youth, if it is not of service to the motherland.” – Chandra Shekhar Azad
- “In A Democracy , The Well Being, Individuality And Happiness Of Every Citizen Is Important For The Overall Prosperity, Peace And Happiness Of The Nation.” – APJ Abdul Kalam
- “Long years ago, we made a tryst with destiny and now the time comes when we shall redeem our pledge… At the stroke of the midnight hour, when the world sleeps, India will awake to life and freedom.” – Jawaharlal Nehru
- “Get up, we have no time to lose. Take up your arms! We shall carve our way through the enemy’s ranks, or if God wills, we shall die a martyr’s death. And in our last sleep we shall kiss the road that will bring our Army to Delhi. The road to Delhi is the road to Freedom. Chalo Delhi (March to Delhi).” – Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose
- “Mother, I bow to thee! Rich with thy hurrying streams, Bright with orchard gleams, Cool with thy winds of delight, Green fields waving , Mother of might, Mother free. Glory of moonlight dreams, Over thy branches and lordly streams, Clad in thy blossoming trees, Mother, giver of ease, Laughing low and sweet! Mother I kiss thy feet, Speaker sweet and low! Mother, to thee I bow.” – Bankim Chandra Chaterjee
- “Revolution is an inalienable right of mankind. Freedom is an imperishable birth right of all. Labor is the real sustainer of society, the sovereignty of the ultimate destiny of the workers,” – Bhagat Singh
- “Every citizen of India must remember that…he is an Indian and he has every right in this country but with certain …duties.” – Sardar Vallabhbhai Jhaverbhai Patel
- “For some days, people thought that India was shaking. But there are always tremors when a great tree falls.” – Rajiv Gandhi
- “If Pakistan has any ideas of annexing any part of our territories by force, she should think afresh. I want to state categorically that force will be met with force and aggression against us will never be allowed to succeed.” – Lal Bahadur Shahstri
- “Poverty is multidimensional. It extends beyond money incomes to education, health care, political participation and advancement of one’s own culture and social organisation.” – Atal Bihari Vajpayee
- “At the dawn of history India started on her unending quest, and trackless centuries are filled with her striving and the grandeur of her success and her failures. Through good and ill fortune alike she has never lost sight of that quest or forgotten the ideals which gave her strength.” – Jawaharlal Nehru
- “If I were asked under what sky the human mind has most fully developed some of its choicest gifts, has most deeply pondered on the greatest problems of life, and has found solutions, I should point to India.” – Max Mueller (German scholar).
Independence Day Wall Papers
Indian Flag Pics
Independence Day Wall Papers for free Download