How to Prepare for an Interview – Have you scheduled a job interview for you? Before going to attend the interview there are certain things you look after. Ask me why? Yup, Cracking a job interview at one sight isn’t a cup of coffee for everyone. You need to follow certain tips in order to impress the recruiter.
Some of you may think that, Why is it Important to prepare for an interview? Can’t I crack an Interview without preparations? Yes, you can. But it might be a difficult task for you. In this present heavy competition, hundreds of people are competing for a single job. So it is a better and wise thing to get some tips from seniors or professionals to crack the interview.
Nowadays, a lot of companies are recruiting people for a contract or permanent basis. So the Interview experience may vary by every person. Whenever you are going to attend an Interview you must have an Interview Preparation Checklist. It will help you to prepare yourself within a short time and effectively for any job either Government Jobs or Private Jobs.
We can see that many freshers are struggling to clear the Interview process. Both Freshers and Experienced candidates can review these Interview Preparation Tips to be successful in your career. Nevertheless, follow these Super 7 techniques to get out of your question How to prepare for an interview.
Super 7 Tips for a Successful Interview – Interview Preparation Checklist
- Pick your outfit
- Prepare yourself for Success
- Don’t see anyone as your competition – Everyone not the same
- Write a Unique Resume about yourself
- Show a Positive Attitude
- Research a company for a Job Interview
- Don’t hesitate to Negotiate a Job Offer
1. Pick your outfit
Don’t go crazy to the Interview. By looking at you, Recruiter can get to the point of whether you are perfect for the role or not. Wear well washed & ironed formals. Don’t go with ugliest combinations like Red shirt & Black trousers with funky hairstyles.
Dress for an Interview Success, It is always advisable to wear light color shirts with a well-groomed hairstyle. A Blue Blazer paired with a simple blouse or button-down shirt can be a great look for girls. Ensure everything fits and, you look great. Now you have this crucial step out of the way you can concentrate on the rest.
2. Prepare yourself for Success
You must do some homework because it will help you to succeed further. You might be going for a job with a specific domain. So, make sure to know the total in and out of your area of interest. It’s good to prepare a topic thoroughly than to have general knowledge about many subjects.
Your Interviewer will judge your intelligence by what you are going to explain to them such subject matter related to your job. If you perform well with more subject knowledge, you have more chances to get a job.
3. Research a little about the company
First, know more about the company and your job profile. While doing research, you may get any doubts. So you can note down any questions and can ask during an interview. Asking questions should be genuine and relevant to your job or company. It shows you put effort into preparing for the Successful Interview. Everyone has the same amount of knowledge and willingness. But your confidence will make you stand out from everyone else. An employer might prefer someone with high confidence only.
4. Write a Unique Resume about yourself
Your resume is all the interviewer has to go by to get to know you. The interviewer may pick things out from it and ask you to elaborate. It is difficult for interviewers to know if you can do a thing practically. You can fake about knowing or willing to learn a particular skill or a technology. But if you fail to do that in reality, you are going to have some trouble.
The Interviewer asked something and, you do not have any idea about the thing you can say in a simple way that My understanding of this particular topic is limited. But if you give a chance, I will learn and bring the best of my knowledge on this topic. If you don’t know how to write a killer Resume, Learn here
5. Don’t see anyone as your competition – Everyone not the same
You are going to enter a corporate world, so you can have many rounds to clear your interview process. Wherever you go will have (GD, group activities round). During the Group Discussion, be the first one to start the topic and make sure to make some intelligent points rather than just making points for the sake of winning. You never be afraid of your neighbors. First, you take an initiative to start discussing any topics and listen to other’s points finally conclude the discussion effectively.
6. Show a Positive Attitude
An upright posture with hands on the knees can emulate confidence on you. It will play an important role to have positive vibes around you. Be prepared for the most common interview questions. Always, you can answer some basics questions with clarification and example. Give natural answers to others as well also, know what you can offer to the company.
7. Don’t hesitate to Negotiate a Job Offer
If you are a fresher, you might not have much chance to negotiate but, if you have some amount of experience, you can put forward your demands. Through my recruitment experience, the main reasons for failing to negotiate a job offer are lack of self-confidence, not knowing what you’re worth, believing that salary negotiations are unpleasant, you are happy with the initial offer. It is okay to over quote and negotiates than to under-quote and settle down. These are all the Keys to a Successful Interview. Still, you can go through further, some Keys to a Successful Interview.
Keys to a Successful Interview | Successful Interview Techniques
- Before going to attend the interview, do practice in the Mock Interview.
- Mock Interview will help you to reduce your nervous and you can get interview experience.
- Be Optimistic and professional with any staff you meet before or after the interview.
- During an interview, respond to the questions with positive statements, be enthusiastic about the Job.
- Arriving earlier will reduce your stress levels, and it will give the employer a good impression. So do your best to arrive in good time.
- You can give a firm handshake to your interviewer(s) before and after the session. During an interview, remember to smile frequently and retain eye contact.
- Try to provide answers to all the questions with clear, concise with Examples.
- Explain more about your relevant skills, experiences, and achievements to the Interviewer.
- If the interviewer asks any unknown questions, you can ask them for clarification and have some time to think about the question. Then, you can answer them well and don’t speak too quickly.
Now, you may get the answer to How to prepare for an interview. Do follow all the above steps in order to crack an interview. If we have missed out any tip, please do let us know in the comment box. Also, please have a read to our latest blogs listed below.