We are giving you with the 10th August 2017 Current Affairs that we have gathered for you. Today Current Events will keep you updated with the world. All Daily Current Affairs including National, International, Sports, Banking and Economy, and many others are in this post. Read the GKToday Updates to know all the happenings and events of 10th August 2017. Reading Latest Current Affairs helps you a lot in improving your GK Skills. When it comes to your Sarkari Naukri exams, the habit of reading the Current Affairs makes it easier for you to crack any Government exam with any difficulty level.Read the following Today’s Current Affairs
August 10th 2017 Current Affairs
- Indian Institute of Technology Delhi Launches Day care facility.
- BJP MP and the Former Union Minister Sanwar Lal Jat passed away.
- Mohammad Hamid Ansari the vice president will leave his office today.
- ONGC planning to invest $150 million in Colombia, Kazakhstan and Bangladesh.
- Union Government will expand the Logistics Data Bank Project to South India.
- Facebook to stop charging money for the accidental advertisement clicks.
- Facebook to shut down life stage app dedicated to teens.
- North Korea is planning to launch missiles towards Guam.
- Govindan Lakshmanan gets his personal best but fails to reach the final in World Athletics Championship in London.
- Dev Patel to get an honour with Asia Society Game Changers Award at New York.
National News – 10th August 2017 Current Affairs
Indian Institute of Technology Delhi Launches Day care facility.
- IIT Delhi which is the first IIT Campus to launch a day care facility to support the researchers and faculty.
- The day will be open for the children of age from 18 months to 8 years.
- A total of 40 kids can be admit at the centre at the same time.
Mohammad Hamid Ansari the vice president will leave his office today.
- Vice President Mohammad Hamid Ansari will leave his chair as a Vice president today.
- His chair will be occupied with M Venakiah Naidu who was elected as a Vice President.
- Ansari was first elected to the post on 10th August 2007 and took charge on 10th August 2007.
Latest Current Affairs Events – International News
North Korea is planning to launch missiles towards Guam.
- North Korea made an announcement to launch a volley of ballistic missiles towards U.S Pacific territory of Guam.
- The head of the military general said the plan will take a final with in a week after getting the approval from their leader Kim Jong.
- It says that Hwasong-12 rockets will fly over Shimane, Hiroshima and Koichi in Japan and travel 1,065 seconds before hitting the waters 30 to 40 kilometres away from Guam.
Dev Patel to get an honour with Asia Society Game Changers Award at New York – 10th August 2017 Current Affairs
- Dev Patel the actor who became popular with his debut film Slumdog Millionaire will be given with the Asia Society 2017 Asia Game Changers Award.
- The award ceremony will take place at the United Nations, New York, in November.
- After appearing in Lion he will be seen next in hotel Mumbai.
Business News & Economy News – Today Current General updates
ONGC planning to invest $150 million in Colombia, Kazakhstan and Bangladesh.
- Natural Gas and Corporation (ONGC) the state-run Oil and Natural Gas Corp is planning to invest $150 million.
- They are planning to invest in exploration to drill more wells in Colombia, Kazakhstan, and Bangladesh.
- ONGC Videsh which operates the CPO-5 block of Colombia has made a commercial discovery in its exploration well Mariposa-1.
- The company made an entry into Namibia’s oil and gas sector with a purchase of 30% interest from Tullow Oil in the African country’s three oil blocks.
As per 10th August 2017 Current Affairs Facebook to stop charging money for the accidental advertisement clicks.
- Facebook the most important social media will stop charging for the advertisements when the user accidentally clicks on it.
- The social networking giant is also making to introduce a couple of changes to get a good look for users.
- The company head says that there are experimenting with more ways to reduce the number of unintentional clicks.
Life stage app which is for the teens will be shut down by Facebook.
- Facebook launched the Life Stage application a year ago.
- This app is for the high schoolers who are age between 21 and below.
- The application is made to help the teens find and connect with other classmates who went to their school.
- But this application has never got popular and there are many issues relating it.
10th August 2017 Current Affairs – Sports News
Govindan Lakshmanan gets his personal best but fails to reach the final in World Athletics Championship in London.
- Govindan Lakshmanan ran in men’s 5000 m race and got his personal best but fails to reach the final.
- The 27-year old ran 13 minutes 35.69 second nearly one second better than his personal best.
- Lakshmanan is the only Indian athlete to perform well in the tournament.
Obituary News – Current GK Update on Current Affairs
BJP MP and the Former Union Minister Sanwar Lal Jat passed away.
- Sanwar Lal Jat the Former Union Minister and BJP MP who hails from Ajmer has passed away.
- He suffered a cardiac arrest and collapsed during the party meeting with Amit Shah at Jaipur.
About Sanwar Lal Jat:
- He was born in 1955 and was a professor with an M.com Degree and PhD.
- He served three times as the cabinet minister in Rajasthan Government.
|Read 9th August Current Affairs|
|More Current Affairs|