13th June 2017 Current Affairs video update is available here. Look into the Today 13 June 2017 Current Affairs video and check the important updates covering today national, international updates. Practice Today GK Quiz on 13 June 2017 Current Affairs from the following sections.
13th June 2017 Current Affairs – Today Highlights
- Punjab state government starts free mortuary van service
- Over 1,000 people take part in Yoga event in China
- Vikram Limaye is the new MD & CEO of National Stoke Exchange
- Nitish Kumar, Bihar Chief Minister has inaugurated two road bridges over the Ganga
- School students from Lucknow to perform yoga at UN
- Shashi Shekar Vempati takes charge as is the CEO of Prasar Bharati
- Yoga awareness drive launched by Ministry of AYUSH using attractive mascots
- GOI has launched ‘Tele Law’ service to provide legal aid for the people living in rural areas through video conferencing
Today 13 June 2017 Current Affairs – Latest News
- To control emissions in India-EU and France grant 3.5 million euros
- Jelena Ostapenko has won the French Open title 2017
- Indian Overseas Bank launches retail mart in Thiruvananthapuram
- MoU between India and Mauritius to institutionalize cooperation between Parliaments
- Rafael Nadal has won the French Open title
- Michael Venus-Ryan Harrison has won the French Open men’s doubles title
- Vietnam Grand Master Nguyen Duc Hoa has won the Mumbai Mayor Chess title
Today 13th June 2017 Current Affairs – Daily GK Updates – National
Kolkata get’s its First Underwater Metro Rail Link Service
The Kolkata city will become the India’s first underwater transportation tunnel. Kolkata will get the underwater metro rail link service under Hooghly river. The cost of this project is 60 crores. This Metro Rail Link Service will connect Howrah from west to Salt Lake to the east.
Poet Hariprasad Das has received the Kalinga Literary Award
For his contribution to literature, Poet Hariprasad Das has won the Kalinga Literary Award from the Kalinga Literacy Festival. KLF has introduced two new awards under Literature sector. Namely Kalinga International Literary Award and Kalinga Karubaki Award.
Cirrus Aircraft Launches the World’s Smallest and Affordable Private Jet
Cirrus Aircraft, US-based aviation company has launched the World’s Smallest and most affordable private jet. The Private Jet is Vision Jet with a cost of Rs. 12 62 crores. The maximum altitude speed of the jet is 28,000 feet and takes off with 628 meters runway.
Paytm Vice President Amit Sinha is appointed as a COO
Amit Sinha, the Vice President of Bussiness and Human Resource at Paytm’s Parent Company is appointed as the Cheif Operating Officer (COO) of Paytm Mall. Now, he will take charge on the operation of Paytm Mall.
Current Affairs of 13th June 2017 – International Updates
World’s largest floating Solar Farm launched in China
China has launched world’s largest floating solar farm consisting 160000 panels. It is a waterborne plant which will generate 40 megawatts at one time. It could supply electricity for over 15,000 homes. The plant is built in Huainan City, Anhui Province.
Business Updates – Today 13th June 2017 Current Affairs
India has become the 7th largest exporter of agri-products globally: Commerce Secretary
Commerce Secretary Mrs. Rita Teaotia has mentioned that India has emerged as the 7th largest exporter of agri-products globally. The event is organized at 22nd Agricultural and Processed Food Products Export Development Authority (APEDA) Annual Award Function.
Practice: 13th June 2017 GK Quiz
June 13, 2017 Current Affairs – Awards and Honours
Indian girl Padmalaya Nanda is the Little Miss Universe Internet 2017
A 12-year-old Padmalaya Nanda from Odisha state has become the youngest girl to bag the “Little Miss Universe Internet 2017” and “Little Miss Actress” crowns at the Little Miss Universe 2017. The Little Miss Universe Internet 2017 held at the port city of Batumi in Georgia.
Today 13th June 2017 Current Affairs – Appointments
Justice CS Karnan has become the first High Court Judge to retire while absconding
Calcutta High Court Judge C S Karnan was sentenced six months of imprisonment by Supreme Court. He has retired on 12 June 2017 at the age of 62. It is the retirement age for a High Court judge. C S Karnan is banned from performing his judicial duties since February 2017.
Current Affairs 13 June 2017 – Science & Technology
Scientists come up with quick-to-assemble toilet
A scientist comes up with cost-effective toilet. It wighs 500kg and has a life of 25-30 years. It is one of the prototypes the CSIR-Structural Engineering Research Centre (SERC),Chennai.
World’s smallest and Cheapest Private Jet in the USA
The World’s smallest and cheapest private jet Vision Jet launched in the USA. The Vision Jet can haul five adults up to 1,150 miles at 28,000 feet. It is the only private jet to be built completely out of carbon fiber. Vision Jet is the only jet with a whole-plane parachute.