We are giving you with the 14th August 2017 Current Affairs that we have gathered for you. Today Current Events will keep you updated with the Current Events. All Daily Current Affairs including National, International, Sports, Banking, and Economy. Read the GK Today Updates to know the events of 14th August 2017. Reading Latest Current Affairs helps you in improving your GK Skills. The Current Affairs we give will help you in preparing for competitive exams. Read 14th August 2017 Current Affairs and take the Gk Quiz.
14th August 2017 Current Affairs
- India and Turkmenistan will hold a meeting to enhance trade and boost scientific and technological cooperation.
- Ian Narev, CEO of Commonwealth Bank of Australia will retire in June 2018.
- Ines Henriques smashed her own record to win women’s 50-kilometer race walk at the World Championships.
- Pakistan celebrated its 70th Independence day.
- Alexander Zverev defeated Roger Federer to win his fifth title at the Montreal Masters.
- Rajya Sabha TV CEO, Gurdeep Singh Sappal has resigned.
- A video of the Indian National Anthem in sign language is released by Union Minister of State for HRD Mahendra Nath Pandey.
- The Jharkhand Assembly passed the anti-conversion Bill.
- Union Minister Dharmendra Pradhan commissioned Indian Coast Guard ship “Shaurya” in Goa.
- India and Russia will hold war games in October.
- Reliance Communications posted its third quarterly loss.
National News – Latest Current Affairs
A video of the Indian National Anthem in sign language is released by Union Minister of State for HRD Mahendra Nath Pandey.
- Minister Mahendra Nath Pandey launched a video of the Indian National Anthem which featured differently abled children.
- The 3-minute video directed by Govind Nihalani stars physically challenged children performing the anthem in sign language with the Red Fort in the background with Amitabh Bachchan.
The Jharkhand Assembly passed the anti-conversion Bill.
- The bill aims to stop forced conversions in the state.
- The Bill says if the person converted is a minor, woman or a member of SC/ST, imprisonment of three years and fine of 50,000 rupees or both, and four-year imprisonment and 1 lakh rupee fine, or both.
- Also, if a person converting willingly they have to inform the Deputy Commissioner the details such as time, place and the person who administers the conversion proceedings.
Union Minister DharmendraPradhan commissioned Indian Coast Guard ship “Shaurya” in Goa.
- Shaurya, the fifth in the series of six 105-metre is an offshore patrol vessel (OPVs).
- The ship is propelled by a 9100-kilowatt diesel engine.
- It is designed and built by Goa Shipyard Ltd.
- Its features include 30mm CRN 91 Naval Gun, integrated bridge system, integrated machinery control system, power management system and high-power external fire fighting system.
International News – 14th August 2017 Current Affairs
India and Turkmenistan will hold a meeting to enhance trade and boost scientific and technological cooperation.
- Minister of Foreign Affairs of Turkmenistan, Rashid Meredov is Visiting India from August 13-15 on an invitation from External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj.
- They will co-chair the 6th meeting of the Turkmenistan-India Intergovernmental Commission on Trade, Economic, Scientific and Technological Cooperation.
Pakistan celebrated its 70th Independence day.
- Pakistan celebrated its independence day by hoisting the largest flag in its history at Attari—Wagah border near Lahore.
- The flag is the highest one in South Asia and the 8th highest in the world.
- The flag made in Pakistan is 400-feet high and 120 feet by 80 feet in size.
India and Russia will hold war games in October.
- The primary focus of the exercise will be on achieving coordination between forces of the two countries.
- This is the first time India is participating in a tri-services exercise with a foreign country.
- It will take place in three locations in Russia including the mountainous Vladivostok region.
- 350 Indian Army personnel will participate in the exercise which will be led by a major- general rank official.
Business News – Current GK Updates
Reliance Communications posted its third quarterly loss.
- Reliance Communications reported a net loss of 12.21 billion Indian rupees ($190.38 million) for its fiscal first quarter, against a profit of 540 million rupees a year earlier.
- RCom has won a reprieve on its debt as it works on two asset sale deals to reduce its $7 billion debt by about 60 percent.
Appointments and Resignations – Gk Today Current Updates
Ian Narev, CEO of Commonwealth Bank of Australia will retire in June 2018.
- Narev is the head of Australia’s largest bank since December 2011.
- He is involved in money laundering and terror financing scandals.
Rajya Sabha TV CEO, Gurdeep Singh Sappal has resigned.
- Upper House of Parliament owns and operates Rajya Sabha TV and the Vice-President is its chairman.
- The additional charge is given to Shashi Shekhar Vempati, Prasar Bharati CEO.
Sports News – 14th August 2017 Current Affairs Today
Ines Henriques smashed her own record to win women’s 50-kilometer race walk at the World Championships.
- The 37-year-old finished the race in 4 hours, 5 minutes and 56 seconds, obliterating her previous best of 4:08:26.
- Yin Hang of China won the silver with a record of 4:08:58, while 20-year-old Yang Shuqing finished third with a personal best of 4:20:49.
- The IAAF started the women’s 50km July in order to ensure gender equality.
Alexander Zverev defeated Roger Federer to win his fifth title at the Montreal Masters.
- The 20-year-old German overpowered Federer 6-3, 6-4 on Sunday.
- Federer had his third loss of the season and broke his longest win match streak in five years at 16.
|Read 12th August Current Affairs|
|More Current Affairs|