Here is the latest 17th August 2017 Current Affairs. Candidates can make use of these current affairs for government exams. If you are preparing for government exams like IBPS PO, UPSC, RRB, SBI and other Exams make use of Today Current Affairs 17th August 2017 Practicing General Questions based on daily current affairs can make your knowledge better. Applicants can take this website as a reference for the preparation of GKToday Quiz. Read the entire article to know the highlights of Todays National and International News. Candidates trying for Sarkari Naukri Jobs can make a good use of this article.
Current Affairs 17th August 2017 – Latest Current News
- GMR to sell Kakinada Powerplant for a huge amount of $63m.
- Jammu and Kashmir government begins building of 100 bunkers along LoC in Rajouri.
- Senior bureaucrats and Central Ministers to move in electric vehicles from November.
- For Qatari Pilgrims, for Haj, the Saudi Arabia government will open Salwar Border Point.
- The Union Cabinet gave an approval for the completion of North Koel Reservoir Project.
- The Kalpana Chawla award is given to the former State under-19 cricket captain Preethi Srinivasan.
- The Central government plans to sell generic Medicines at all the fuel stations in India.
- In South America Venezuela the Zoo animals are stolen and eaten says the Police.
- India beat Austria by 4 – 3 in a thriller hockey match.
- Real Madrid won over Barcelona in a Supercopa de Espana and secured their fifth title.
National News – 17th August 2017 Current Affairs
Jammu and Kashmir government begins building of 100 bunkers along LoC in Rajouri.
- The Government of Jammu and Kashmir has begun the Construction of 100 bunkers in the border villages near Kashmir.
- They are constructing along the side of Line of Control (LOC) in Rajouri district.
- The officials said there is a repetition of ceasefire violations by Pakistan forces in this area.
Senior bureaucrats and Central Ministers to move in electric vehicles from November.
- From the coming November, Central ministers and senior bureaucrats will be traveling around India in electric sedans.
- The world third largest oil guzzler decides to join the electric vehicle covenant.
- Energy Efficiency Services Ltd promoted state run power utilities have made this tender.
17th August 2017 Current Affairs is that The Union Cabinet gave an approval for the completion of North Koel Reservoir Project.
- The green signal has come from the Union Cabinet to complete the remaining works of the North Koel Reservoir Project in Jharkhand and Bihar.
- Completion of the North Koel Reservoir Project will create annual irrigation potential for 1,11,521 hectares of agricultural land.
- The project is situated on North Koel river which is a tributary of Sone that joins the river Ganga in Bihar.
Today Current Affairs Updates – International News
For Qatari Pilgrims, for Haj, the Saudi Arabia government will open Salwar Border Point.
- Saudi Arabia made an announcement on Wednesday it would welcome Qatari pilgrims to Saudi Arabia to perform the Haj this season.
- The Officials said the Salwa border point will open for Qatari citizens who wish to perform the annual pilgrimage to pass through with no electronic permissions needed.
In South America Venezuela the Zoo animals are stolen and eaten says the Police.
- As per the Police News is that there are many missing Animals over the weekend from the Zulia Metropolitan Zoological Park in Venezuela.
- As the recent study says that 93% of Venezuelans cannot afford to buy a food and 73% lost their weight in the last year.
17th August 2017 Current Affairs – Business Updates
GMR to sell Kakinada Powerplant for a huge amount of $63m.
- The GMR group has found a buyer for its 220MW gas based power plant in Kakinada.
- A MoU has been done with GMR Energy for the sale of their 220MW gas power for an amount of $63m to an external party.
- The plant was first near Mangaluru and later took a place at Kakinada in April 2010 but is lying idle due to non-availability of natural gas.
The Central government plans to sell generic Medicines at all the fuel stations in India.
- The Central Government is planning to open Jan Aushadhi stores at petrol pumps belonging to state-run fuel retailers across the country with a view to making cheap drugs accessible to masses.
- Oil marketing companies are bringing an ecosystem of non-fuel retail business at petrol pumps through tie-ups.
Awards News – latest Current Affairs Gk Updates
The Kalpana Chawla award is given to the former State under-19 cricket captain Preethi Srinivasan.
- Preethi Srinivasan the national level swimmer at the age of eight and also the youngest to play in the Tamil Nadu women’s cricket team received Kalpana Chawla Award.
- Preethi who was doing well in academics was a world class swimmer and the under 19 women’s cricket team captain of TN.
Today Current Events – Sports News
India beat Austria by 4 – 3 in a thriller hockey match – 17th August 2017 Current Affairs
- Indian men’s hockey team ends its Tour of Europe on a high by a thrilling win of 4 – 3 on Austria.
- Ramandeep Singh and Chinlensana Singh help India to win the game against Austria.
- It is India’s third victory after beating the Netherlands in consecutive games.
Real Madrid won over Barcelona in a Supercopa de Espana and secured their fifth title.
- Real Madrid beat Barcelona 2-0 and has a 5-1 on aggregate as they secured an easy Spanish Super Cup victory to start their season in style.
- Zinedine Zidane’s side took an early lead to wrap up the tie with a blistering strike from Marco Asensio.
- This is Real Madrid fifth title in the year 2016 -2017.
|Read 16th August Current Affairs|
|More Current Affairs|