We are giving you with the 18th August 2017 Current Affairs which will help you for preparing your competitive exams. Staying updated with the daily events and happenings is important in today’s competitive world. If you dream of getting a job in the government sector, it is necessary that you have knowledge about the day to day Current affairs. Aspirants, those who are going to apply for the Sarkari Naukri must practice the Daily Current Affairs GK Questions for enhancing your knowledge and scoring well in the examination.
Latest Current Affairs Updates – Today Current News
- President Ram Nath Kovind to take a day long trip to Leh this coming Monday.
- Malala Yousafzai the Noble Laureate will study at Oxford
- In West Bengal, the Trinamool Congress has made a clean sweep in civic polls.
- Apax and Cognizant are willing on $600.
- In World Dwarf Games Indian athletes ended up making history.
- General Motors India appoints Sanjiv Gupta as the president and MD.
- Indian Army to get 6 Apache Choppers from U.S.
- Bengaluru FC enters an agreement with India No 1 keeper Gurpreet
- The largest Crude Unit Shell Deer Park will be shut down for 1 week.
- In Belgian, the sale of petrol car sales has over taken diesel for the first time in 20 years.
National News – 18th August 2017 Current Affairs
In West Bengal, the Trinamool Congress has made a clean sweep in civic polls
- The BJP government yet again proved that it is the main opposition party in West Bengal.
- The ruling TMC won the mandate to run all the seven civic bodies.
- The TMC candidates won in a whopping 140 wards of the 148 to which the elections are held.
Indian Army to get 6 Apache Choppers from U.S.
- The Indian army made an announcement of having its own fleet of attack helicopters.
- The defense minister made an approval of purchasing the six AH-64 Apache attack helicopters from the U.S.
- In another deal, the DAC gave approval for procuring two gas turbine engines from Ukraine.
- The cost of Apaches, including associated equipment, spares, training, weapons and armaments, is about ₹4,168 crore.
President Ram Nath Kovind to take a day long trip to Leh this coming Monday.
- President Ram Nath Kovind will make a day-long trip to Leh next Monday to honor the 14 Corps of the Army headquartered in Ladakh.
- Mr. Kovind will present the Presidential Colours, a rare military honor, to the infantry unit of the 14 Corps in recognition of its exceptional service.
- Ladakh shares an open border with both Pakistan and China.
Today Current Events Updates – International News
Malala Yousafzai the Noble Laureate will study at Oxford – 18th August 2017 Current Affairs
- The youngest ever Noble laureate has won a place to study at England prestigious Oxford University.
- Malala now lives in the central English city of Birmingham where she completed her high school education.
- She will be studying philosophy, politics, and economics.
In Belgian, the sale of petrol car sales has over taken diesel for the first time in 20 years.
- The sale of petrol engine cars in Belgium overtook diesel ones in the first half of 2017 for the first time in 20 years.In 2012 three in four cars registered on Belgian roads were diesel engined
- In 2012 three in four cars registered on Belgian roads were diesel engines.
- In the first six months of the year, 48.5 percent of cars sold in Belgium were powered by petrol engines, compared to a 46.5 percent market share for diesel engines.
18th August 2017 Current Affairs – Business News
The largest Crude Unit Shell Deer Park will be shut down for 1 week.
- The experts of large crude unit Royal Dutch Shell to be shut for at least 1 week of repairs following a fire accident.
- Production on the refinery’s gasoline producing unit and cooking unit have been cut back due to the crude unit’s outage.
Apax and Cognizant are willing on $600.
- The mid-sized IT services company Zenzar which is an investor of Cognizant Technology Solutions and Apax Partners is ready for the buyout of digital tech company liquid Hub for $600 million.
- India’s oldest private equity investor ChrysCapital holds around 48% stake.
- Accenture, Capgemini, and EY are among others who prospected the deal.
Appointments News – Latest GK Current Affairs
General Motors India appoints Sanjiv Gupta as the president and MD.
- Sanjay Gupta takes the appointment as the new MD and president of the General Motors India.
- The current President and Managing Director Kaher Kazem will hand over the company to Gupta, who is Chief Financial Officer, effective September 1.
GKToday Current Affairs – Sports News
18th August 2017 Current Affairs is that Bengaluru FC enters an agreement with India No 1 keeper Gurpreet
- Bangalore Foot ball club made a signing of by roping the national team goal keeper Gurpreet Singh Sandhu.
- This signing became the first Indian player to be sign from a European club by an Indian club in a move involving a transfer fee.
In World Dwarf Games Indian athletes ended up making history.
- The Indian players made an entry to the World Dwarf Games as underdogs and made a history by winning a record of gold medals.
- The Indian players returned with 36 medals including 14 golds, 10 silver, and 12 bronze.
- There are 400 athletes from across 24 countries took part in the event.
|Read 17th August Current Affairs|
|More Current Affairs|