19th August 2017 Current Affairs is here for your reference to help you throughout your preparations for the upcoming Sarkari Naukri exams. Get all the Daily GK Updates here and improve your General Knowledge skills. All the Today Current Affairs and keep yourself updated with the world. If you have applied for this year’s Government Job exams such as IBPS, SSC, UPSC, SBI, and many others, the best way to prepare for them is to keep a complete Current Affairs knowledge about the things that are happening around you. Follow our website for preparing the GK section of the exam syllabus and for scoring better. Reading these Current affairs will help you to crack any examination easily
Daily Current Updates – 19th August 2017 Current Affairs
- Rear Admiral Travis Sinniah takes the appointment as the chief of Sri Lanka’s naval forces.
- The Chief architect of President Donald Trump Stephen Bannon leaves the White House.
- Russia President Vladimir Putin appoints Nikolay Kudashev as Russia New Envoy to India.
- Vishal Sikka the Chief Executive officer of Infosys has resigned today.
- To help astronauts talk to the Earth NASA launches a new Satellite.
- A new 50 Rupee Note will be introduced by RBI.
- To Buy Colombian Star Davinson Sancher Tottenham Hotspur pays a Club record fee.
- To make Money off Assets Air India to Sell 41 Flats in Mumbai.
- A new level of bilateral ties will be taken by India and US.
- Foreign Media says that Indian IT Hits the Worst Slump in the last 7 years.
National News – Daily Current GK Updates
To make Money off Assets Air India to Sell 41 Flats in Mumbai.
- The Air India to sell as many as 41 flats which are in different parts of Mumbai to overcome their money problems.
- Air India has immovable properties, including land and buildings at prime locations.
- Air India has a debt burden of more than Rs. 50,000 crore.
A new 50 Rupee Note will be introduced by RBI.
- The Reserve Bank of India says that they will soon introduce a 50 rupee note in the new Mahatma Gandhi Series.
- The 50 rupees note will be in fluorescent blue in color.
- 50 rupee new note will have the motif of Hampi with Chariot on the reverse describing the Country cultural heritage.
- The new series 50 rupee notes will bear the signature of RBI Governor Urjit R Patel.
19th August 2017 Current Affairs – International News
The Chief architect of President Donald Trump Stephen Bannon leaves the White House.
- Stephen Bannon who is the wide appreciation of being a key architect of President Donald Trump election victory last year left the white house.
- White House Chief of Staff John Kelly and Steve Bannon have mutually come to an agreement that today is Steve’s last day.
- Bannon is the leader of the ultra-nationalist group within the Trump camp.
A new level of bilateral ties will be taken by India and US
- India and the US are in a meet for the scheduling the first meeting of the newly established “2+2” format.
- The new high-level dialogue mechanism got confirmation during a conversation between Prime Minister Narendra Modi and US President Donald Trump on Independence Day.
- During the Obama rule, India and US dialogue mechanism includes the secretaries of state and commerce, which was then the focus of the relationship.
- The India and the US are preparing for the three-day Global Entrepreneurship Summit in Hyderabad.
Business Events – Today Current Affairs.
19th August 2017 Current Affairs is that Vishal Sikka the Chief Executive officer of Infosys has resigned today.
- The Chief Executive officer of Infosys Vishal Sikka has resigned from the post he is working.
- The departure of Mr. Sikka dumps the Infosys investors. Shares fell more than 13 percent to a three-year low of 884.20 rupees.
August 19th, 2017 Current Affairs – Appointments News
Rear Admiral Travis Sinniah takes the appointment as the chief of Sri Lanka’s naval forces.
- The first from the minority Tamil community Travis Sinniah takes the appointment as the Sri Lanka naval forces.
- Travis Sinniah is the second Tamilian to head the Sri Lanka Navy after Rajan Kadirgamar, who was the commander in late 1960.
- The Sri Lanka navy also made an announcement that Vice-Admiral Wijegunaratne will take the appointment as the Chief of Defence Staff.
- Travis Sinniah services will be effective from August 22.
Russia President Vladimir Putin appoints Nikolay Kudashev as Russia New Envoy to India.
- Vladimir Putin the Russian President today appoints career diplomat Nikolay Kudashev as Russia new ambassador to India.
- Nikolay Kudashev is a specialist in South East Asia is currently the Deputy Director General Secretariat of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Russia.
- The appointment of Mr. Kudashev comes nearly seven months after the death of Russia previous ambassador to India Alexander Kadakin.
Astronomy News – Latest Current Affairs
To help astronauts talk to the Earth NASA launches a new Satellite – 19th August 2017 Current Affairs
- For the communication of the persons from the International Space Station to the earth, NASA launches a new series of Satellites.
- The $408 million Boeing made Tracking and Data Relay Satellite took a launch into space from Cape Canaveral, Florida.
- The satellite will support critical space communication into mid-2020.
- TDRS-M is the last of 13 such satellites that have been launched since 1983.
Sports Updates – Current Affairs 19th August
To Buy Colombian Star Davinson Sancher Tottenham Hotspur pays a Club record fee.
- Colombian international defender Davinson Sanchez is the first signing of Tottenham Hotspurs.
- The club paid a record 42 million pounds to the Dutch side Ajax player.
- He made 47 appearances for the Ajax foot ball team scoring seven goals.
|Read 18th August Current Affairs|
|More Current Affairs|