Welcome to the world of Latest Current Affairs 2017. All around the corner, most of the individuals are preparing for the SBI PO Mains Exams. Hence, it is the correct time to look at the Current Affairs on a daily basis for SBI PO Mains Exam 2017. We have collected the 23rd May 2017 current affairs are based on current news. Insights Current Affairs Quiz, 22 & 23 May 2017 and let us see how many questions you attempt accurately.
Current Affairs Questions for SBI PO Mains: 22nd May 2017
Read the Current Affairs 2017 of May with news summary and current events on national and international affairs. The material will be useful for Banking, SSC, UPSC, IBPS and other Competitive Examinations. Go through the Current Affairs Quiz Questions and Answers of 23rd May 2017 from the following sections. Also, download the 23rd May 2017 Current Affairs questions and answers in pdf format for exam preparation and Interview.
Current Affairs 23rd May 2017 – Today Highlights
- Tejas Express to make its first appearance on Mumbai-Goa route.
- Haryana government has launched the E-textbook portal for school students.
- Free wifi Facility inaugurated at 28 Railway Stations in India.
- Chittale Committee has suggested the measures for De-Silting Ganga.
- Soft Bank Received $93 billion funds for investments in tech start-ups company
- Real Madrid has won its 1st Spanish title since 2012
- Jaipur Literature Festival Kicked off in London
- Bengaluru FC beat Mohun Bagan AC to clinch the Federation Cup
- Mumbai Indians has won the IPL for the third time.
23rd May 2017 Current Affairs – Important Dates
Anti-Terrorism Day in India: 21 May
- India will celebrate the Anti-Terrorism Day on May 21 annually.
- It is also one of the most important memorial days for the country.
- The significance of this day: On this day, Mr.Rajiv Gandhi, the seventh Prime Minister of India, was killed. He served as youngest Indian prime minister from 1984 to 1989.
International Day for Biological Diversity – 22 May
- The united nations have celebrated the International Day for Biological Diversity (IDB) on May 22.
- This day aims to increase understanding and awareness of biodiversity issues.
- The UN General Assembly adopted 22 May as IDB in December 2000.
Also, practice Current Affairs Quiz – 23 May 2017
Current Affairs 23 May 2017 – National Events
Haryana launches e-textbook portal for school students
- The Haryana state govt has launched the e-textbook portal of the Haryana School Education Board.
- Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar has inaugurated the website with 26 textbooks of classes IX to XII.
- Out of them, 11 books of class IX, nine books of class X and three books each of classes XI and XII.
Joint HADR Exercise Commences At Naval Station Karwar
- Indian Navy’s Western Nava Command has conducted the Annual Joint Humanitarian Assistance and Disaster Relief (HADR) Exercise.
- “KARAVALI KARUNYA” is the name of the exercise.
- It aims at the both professional exchange and actual disaster response mechanisms.
India will host annual meeting of African Development Bank
- India will host the next annual meetings of the African Development Bank (AfDB) Group at Mahatma Gandhi Convention Centre.
- 5,000 delegates from 80 member countries of the African Development Bank will attend this meeting.
Chitale Committee suggests measures for de-silting Ganga
- The Chitale Committee of the Ministry of Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation has suggested the sand registry for de-silting of the Ganga.
- Expert member of National Ganga River Basin Authority Madhav Chitale is the head of this committee.
23rd May 2017 Current Affairs – International Events
Jaipur Literature Festival kicked off in London
- The Jaipur Literature Festival has been inaugurated in London.
- 2017 marks the fourth London edition of the festival which has its roots in the Pink City of Jaipur.
Jordan’s Azraq refugee camp becomes the first to run entirely on solar energy
- A refugee camp in Jordan has become the first in the world to adopt the renewable energy.
- Azraq’s solar plant is connected to Jordan’s national grid and the surplus electricity.
Also read: Current Affairs 23 May 2017 MCQ
Latest Current Affairs of 22nd May 2017 – Sports News
Real Madrid has won its first Spanish title since 2012
- Real Madrid has won the Spanish league for the first time in five years.
- Zinedine Zidane’s team has clinched the 33rd league title with a 2-0 win at Malaga.
Mumbai Indians become 3-time champions of IPL 2017
- Mumbai Indians has shown the incredible one-run victory against Rising Pune Supergiant at the Indian Premier League (IPL).
- It is Mumbai Indians’ third IPL trophy in 10 editions.
Laxman has won the All India Open Rapid FIDE Rating chess meet
- R.R. Laxman, the Grand Master of Integral Coach Factory tops the All India Open Rapid FIDE Rating chess meet with 9.5 points.
- Thus, he has won the All India Open Rapid FIDE Rating Chess Tournament at the Kshudiram Anushilan Kendra.
13-year-old Indian girl has won the Asia yoga championship
- Vaishnavi, the 13-year-old sensation has won the first Asia Level Yoga Competition.
- Competitors across 5 Nations has taken part in this event.
- Earlier, She has won more than 200 contests of the more than 1,000 she has entered.
23rd May 2017 Current Affairs – Awards and Appointments
- Deveshwar, Soumitra Chatterjee has won the Bengals highest Civilian Award
- NASA honors APJ Abdul Kalam.
- India wins all 10 Gold Medals at South Asian Junior Table Tennis Championship.
- Indian Prashanth Ranganathan has won the top Intel Science Award in the US.
- N’Golo Kante named Premier League player of the year.
- Real Madrid has won its 1st Spanish title since 2012.
- First ever Transgender has been appointed as the lecturer in Quaid-i-Azam University.
- Reliance Jio has received the TM Forums Digital Service Innovator of the Year Award.