- 1 24th May 2017 Current Affairs
- 1.1 Today Latest News 24th May 2017 – Latest Highlights, Recent Happenings
- 1.2 Latest 24th May 2017 Current Affairs News – National Updates
- 1.3 Insight 24th May 2017 Current Affairs News – Today Highlights International
- 1.4 Today Current Affairs Updates 24th May 2017 – Business and Economic
- 1.5 24th May 2017 Current Affairs – Today GK Capsule
Read Today 24th May 2017 Current Affairs and General Knowledge Questions and answers here. Also, practice the Daily Current Affairs Quiz questions, Latest News related to National. International, Sports, Business & Economic updates on this page. Learn more about the Today 24th May 2017 Current Affairs and GK updates from the following passages.
24th May 2017 Current Affairs
We have listed out the today’s current National, International, Sports, Business, and Economic updates here. Insight Highlights of Today Current Affairs News – 24th May 2017. Also, download the Daily Current Affairs and GK Questions and answers in the pdf format.
Today Latest News 24th May 2017 – Latest Highlights, Recent Happenings
- RBI will modify the Committee to Tackle Bad Loans.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurates various Projects in Gujarat worth Rs. 993 Crore.
- The USA and six Gulf countries will sign a MoU to control terror organizations.
- India has become the Second Largest Producer of Steel in the World.
- United Nationa has released the first draft of nuclear ban treaty recently.
- The Madhya Pradesh state Government lifts the ban on the Sand Excavation in Narmada River.
Latest 24th May 2017 Current Affairs News – National Updates
Finally, India has become the Second Largest Producer of Steel in the world
From the International Stainless Steel Forum data analysis, India has become the second largest producer of Steel in the world after China. The International Stainless Steel Forum i.e., ISSF is a non-profit research and development organization established in the year 1996. India stood at the second place replacing Japan.
MP state government bans the Sand Excavation in Narmada River
The Madhya Pradesh state Chief Minister, Shivraj Singh Chouhan has lifted the ban on the Sand Excavation in Narmada River. Earlier, the MP State Government has come out with the Motive of “Save Narmada”. It is the people’s movement through “Namami Narmada Yatra”.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurates Projects in Gujarat state
Narendra Modi, the Prime Minister of India has recently laid a foundation stone for 12 projects worth Rs. 993 Crore. These project mainly concentrates on the development of Kandla Port in the Kutch district, Gujarat.
The Projects include:
- Railway bridge at Sal Junction.
- 14th and 16 cargo berths.
- Babasaheb Bhimrao Ambedkar convention center.
Practice 24th May 2017 GK Questions
Insight 24th May 2017 Current Affairs News – Today Highlights International
United Nation’s first draft of nuclear ban treaty
Recently, the United Nationa has come out with the first draft of nuclear ban treaty. It aims at the ban on the use of nuclear weapons and Possession. The treaty has faced the opposition from countries like North Korea, Israel, United States (US), Russia, China, United Kingdom, France, India, Pakistan. Apart from these hurdles, it has released the First Draft has released in Geneva.
The USA and 6 Gulf countries have signed a MoU to control terror organizations
The USA, 6 Gulf Cooperation Council members have signed a memorandum of understanding. The agreement aims to control terror Organizations of Lashkar-e-Taiba, the Haqqani network, the Taliban. United Arab Emirates, Kuwait, US and Bahrain, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Oman have signed this agreement for the cooperation between the countries.
Practice: 24 May 2017 Current Affairs Quiz
Today Current Affairs Updates 24th May 2017 – Business and Economic
RBI is set to reconstruct Committee to Tackle Bad Loans
Reserve Bank of India (RBI) is all set to modify the committee for banking ordinance operations. The Union Cabinet will amend the Banking Regulation Act powers to Reserve Bank of India (RBI). Currently, the Indian Banks Association has constituted the existing committee.
Karnataka Bank has signed a MoU with LIC of India
For the sale of the Life Insurance Products, the Karnataka Bank Limited has recently signed a MoU with LIC of India. Thus, the LIC, Bengaluru and Karnataka bank have signed a corporate agency agreement.
HDFC Life has launched artificial intelligence-based application ‘SPOK.’
Recently, the HDFC Life has launched AI based application i.e., SPOK. This application will read, understand, prioritize, categorize and event respond to the customer emails. The response will be given within fraction of seconds.
24th May 2017 Current Affairs – Today GK Capsule
- Rohan Chakravarty, Indian cartoonist has won the WWF International President’s Award.
- R Vaishali has won the gold medal in Asian Blitz Chess Championship.
- Sweden has won the Ice Hockey World Championship Title.