- 1 Current Affairs 25th July 2017 National, Sports and International News
- 1.1 National News on Current Events 25 July 2017
- 1.2 More Current News Today – National
- 1.3 25th July 2017 Latest Current Updates – International News
- 1.4 Daily Current Affairs – Banking
- 1.5 Science and Technology – 25th July Current Events
- 1.6 25th July 2017 Current Affairs Agreement News
- 1.7 Latest General Knowledge News – Defence
- 1.8 25th July 2017 Current Affairs – Sports News
- 1.9 Obituary News – 25th July 2017 Current Gk Update
Latest 25th July 2017 Current Affairs on National, International, Business, and Sports events are given here. We have collected the Latest Current News 25 July 2017 for your exam preparation. If you will read the General Knowledge Events, it will help you in improving your General Knowledge Skills. Read the GK Today and prepare for the Competitive Exams such as IBPS, SSC, UPSC, and many others. Check Today Current GK Questions 25th July 2017 and prepare well for the Govt. Exams. Usually, the government exams such as UPSC are based on the Daily Current Affairs, so if you are looking to gain more marks, visit our site regularly to get all the important and recent updates.
Current Affairs 25th July 2017 National, Sports and International News
- India team won 5 medals in World Para Athletics Championship 2017 London.
- Professor UR Rao, ex-Isro chief and renowned space scientist passes away.
- IMF keeps India’s growth forecast at 7.2% for 2017-18.
- India ranks 132 in Commitment to Reducing Inequality Index.
- Iran and Iraq sign agreement on military cooperation.
- India, Bangladesh signed an agreement to connect both countries by waterways.
- H S Prannoy wins US Open Grand Prix Gold Badminton title.
- Uttar Pradesh launches free power connection scheme for BPL families.
- India to host 2017 Global Conference on Cyber Space.
- Meghalaya CM launches ‘Mission Football’ at JN Sports Complex in Shillong.
- Govt launches SHe-box portal for sexual harassment.
- Spanish scientists develop anti-Zika drug.
- NASA Invites You to Become a Citizen Scientist During US Total Solar Eclipse
- Navy Chief Admiral Sunil Lamba had Begun an eight-day-long two nation tour of Mozambique and Tanzania.
- IRCTC Plans to Install 1,100 water vending Machines at 450 stations.
- Israel To Replace Metal Detectors In Jerusalem With Smart Surveillance
- Competition Commission Approves Vodafone India-Idea Cellular Merger
Make Use of 25th July 2017 Current Event Questions
National News on Current Events 25 July 2017
India to host 2017 Global Conference on Cyber Space
India, in November 2017, will host the Global Conference on Cyber Space (GCCS) 2017, the world’s largest conference on space and related issues in New Delhi. This is for the first time GCCS is taking place outside the Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) nations. It will be the fifth edition of the conference.
More about Global Conference on Cyber Space:
- The theme for the GCCS 2017 is ‘Cyber4All: An Inclusive, Sustainable, Developmental, Safe and Secure Cyberspace’.
- The cyber security will be one of the major focus areas in GCCS 2017. It will serve as a platform for the exchange of ideas with global think tanks and promote closer cooperation among the international community.
- The GCCS is a prestigious international conference that aims at encouraging dialogue among stakeholders of cyberspace.
- GCCS was incepted in 2011 in London.
- It brings together governments, the private sector and civil society gather to discuss and promote practical cooperation in cyberspace, to discuss norms for responsible behaviour in cyberspace and to enhance the cyber capacity building.
- The conference is built on the themes such as economic growth and development, social and cultural benefits, a safe and secure cyberspace, cyber crime and international security.
More Current News Today – National
Uttar Pradesh launches free power connection scheme for BPL families.
25th July 2017 Current Affairs from Uttar Pradesh State is that Uttar Pradesh Power Minister Srikant Sharma launched free power connection scheme for the Below Poverty Line (BPL) card holders. The people who do not have BPL cards will have to pay between Rs 80 to Rs 120 for getting the power connection. The scheme is launched at 624 places across the state.
Govt launches SHe-box portal for sexual harassment.
The Women and Child Development ministry on Monday launched an online platform to enable women employees of the Central government to file complaints related to sexual harassment at the workplace. Union minister Maneka Gandhi said the platform will cater to Central government employees in the beginning and thereafter, its ambit will be widened to include the private sector as well.
25th July 2017 Latest Current Updates – International News
Israel To Replace Metal Detectors In Jerusalem With Smart Surveillance.
Israel on Tuesday decided to remove metal detectors it had placed at the entrance to a holy site in Jerusalem’s Old City with other, less obtrusive surveillance means, a cabinet statement said. Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s cabinet voted to remove the metal detector gates after a meeting lasting several hours convening for a second time on Monday after they had broken off discussions a day earlier.
Daily Current Affairs – Banking
Science and Technology – 25th July Current Events
Spanish scientists develop the anti-Zika drug.
Based on 25th July 2017 Current Affairs Researchers from a southeastern Spanish university will be announcing the discovery of a molecule that could be use as a potential drug to fight the effects of a Zika virus infection. The San Antonio Catholic University of Murcia scientists belonging to its Bioinformatics and High-Performance Computing research group had found that a compound previously used as an antibiotic countered the symptoms of the mosquito-borne disease, Efe. The molecular structure of the proteins involves in the Zika virus’ replication process was first used only a year ago.
More Current Affairs
NASA Invites You to Become a Citizen Scientist During US Total Solar Eclipse.
25th July 2017 Current Affairs Agreement News
India, Bangladesh signed an agreement to connect both countries by waterways
India and Bangladesh signed an agreement to connect both the countries by waterways. The waterways will facilitate movement of passengers and goods between India’s northeast and West Bengal with Bangladesh. The Union Minister of State for Road Transport, Highways and Shipping Mansukh Mandaviya informs that infrastructure for the services would be set up along the major rivers in Bangladesh, West Bengal and the Brahmaputra in Assam.
Iran and Iraq sign agreement on military cooperation.
Latest 25th July 2017 Current Affairs News is that Iran and Iraq signed an agreement on Sunday to step up military cooperation and the fight against terrorism and extremism. According to Irian media which is likely to raise concerns in Washington. Iranian Defence Minister Hossein Dehghan and his Iraqi counterpart Irfan al-Hiyali signed a memorandum of understanding which also covered border security, logistics and training, the official news agency IRNA reported.
Practice Current Affairs Quiz
Latest General Knowledge News – Defence
Navy Chief Admiral Sunil Lanba today began an eight-day-long two-nation tour of Mozambique and Tanzania with an aim of exploring new avenues of bilateral defence cooperation. Admiral Lanba, who also heads the powerful Chiefs of Staff Committee (COSC), will be in Mozambique until July 25.
25th July 2017 Current Affairs – Sports News
India team won 5 medals in World Para Athletics Championship 2017 London.
The World Para Athletics Championships 2017 in London concluded on Sunday and with them, brought memories that would last a lifetime for fans and athletes. For India, the event was one to remember as it culminated in its highest ever tally at a Para Athletics World Championships. The nation ended the Championships with a total tally of five medals. These include one gold, two silver and two bronze medals. In the 2015 World Championships, the nation records a tally of two silvers.
H S Prannoy wins US Open Grand Prix Gold Badminton title.
HS Prannoy notched up a thrilling three-game win over Commonwealth Games champion Parupalli Kashyap in an all-Indian final to clinch the $120,000 US Open Grand Prix Gold here. It was a good match, pretty intense match, a high-quality match by both me and Kashyap.
Meghalaya CM launches ‘Mission Football’ at JN Sports Complex in Shillong.
Meghalaya Chief Minister Mukul Sangma launched a statewide football grassroots development programme Mission Football at Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium. Mission Football is a project for developing a sustainable infrastructure for sport in all the 11 districts of the state. The Government is also seeking financial support from different sources including the North Eastern Council. Union ministry of sports and youth affairs, and funds under Non-Lapsable Central Pool of Resources (NLCPR).
Obituary News – 25th July 2017 Current Gk Update
Professor UR Rao, ex-Isro chief and renowned space scientist passes away.
As per 25th July 2017, Current Affairs Internationally-renowned space scientist UR Rao passed away early Monday, leaving the Indian Space Research Organisation (Isro) bereft of the experience of a man who has been a part of all its launches in one capacity or another. He was 85. The former Isro chief was serving as the chairman of the governing council of the physical research laboratory and the chancellor of the Indian Institute of Science and Technology at Thiruvananthapuram. Rao has held several top positions over the years, including at foreign universities. He has won 10 international awards and many national awards.