Latest 26th July 2017 Current Affairs are updated on this page. Read the GK Today Current Events for preparing the Sarkari Naukri exams like IBPS, SBI, UPSC, SSC, and many others. Check our website regularly for getting all the news updates and highlights about the world. To score better in the exams you need to read Daily Current News on regular basis. Have a glance look at the page to improve your General Knowledge. Scroll down to read the Daily Current Affairs 26th July 2017. If you’ll read the Day-to-Day GK Updates, it will become easier for you to easily crack any of the exams.
Latest Current Affairs 26th July 2017 – Key Points
- World’s first floating wind farm emerges off from the coast of Scotland.
- World’s first test tube baby was born today.
- FSSAI bans Stapler Pins in tea bags from Jan 2018.
- Sanjay Gupta is appointed as the new person for Head of Marketing by Uber in India Division.
- India finish in the 7th Position with 11 medals in Youth Commonwealth Games
- India’s first individual Olympic medal is set for auction to raise funds.
- Mobile Application for Road Maintenance is launched by Union Minister.
- India gets First R&D Facility for BS4 Fuels.
- Fino payments bank is the new bank whose launch took place in India.
- Ram Nath Kovind took Office as 14th President of India.
- Indian Skipper Mithali Raj was named as the Captain of ICC Women’s World Cup 2017 team by ICC.
National News – 26th July 2017 Current Affairs
Mobile Application for Road Maintenance is launched by Union Minister.
- Union Minister Shri Tomar and Ms Greenfield launched the Mobile App for Road Maintenance.
- The Application is named as Aarambh.
- Resource mobilisation for rural roads maintenance has always been a challenge for the States.
- Aarambh Mobile App aims at use of GIS based mapping for making road inventories, condition surveys
- Its usage will be a great advancement of service delivery of the state level institutions in planning and implementing performance based rural roads maintenance contracts.
Current Affairs Today July 26th – India gets First R&D Facility for BS4 Fuels.
- India receives its first R&D facility for high-end BS-4 (BS6) fuels, operated by the Indian Oil Corporation.
- The facility is located in Delhi and was inaugurated by Dharmendra Pradhan who is the Petroleum Minister.
- The new R&D facility is designed to test petrol, diesel, ethanol-blended petrol, biodiesel, CNG, LNG, hydrogen-CNG, and 2G-ethanol to ensure they meet BS-4 norms.
- The new BS-4 norms are set to be implemented by April 2020 through out India.
Ram Nath Kovind took Office as 14th President of India.
- Ram Nath Kovind on Tuesday took oath as India 14th President.
- He is the First BJP leader to be a president.
- Ram Nath is second Dalit President to enter Rashtrapati Bhavan.
- Kovind was elected with 65 percent of votes By defeating Meria Kumar to occupy top Position.
- He was elected to Rajya Sabha in April 1994 from Uttar Pradesh.
- He served two consecutive terms until March 2006.
- Ram Nath headed Dalit Morcha from 1998 to 2002.
Latest Current Affairs 26th July – World News
World’s first floating wind farm emerges off from the coast of Scotland.
- The world’s first full-scale floating wind farm has started to take shape on the north east coast of Scotland.
- The Peterhead wind farm which is known as Hywind is a trial which will bring power to 20,000 homes.
- The Tower Including the Blades stretches to 175 meters.
- These turbines can operate in the Water up to a Kilometre deep.
World’s first test tube baby was born today as per 26th July 2017 Current Affairs
- The English couple was able to conceive and give birth to a baby through In vitro fertilisation (IVF).
- In the November 1977, the mother underwent experimental IVF Procedure.
- They named the World’s first baby who came through In Vitro fertilisation as Louise Joy Brown.
Read More Current Affairs
GK Updates 26th July 2017- Business News
FSSAI bans Stapler Pins in tea bags from Jan 2018.
- Food Saftey and Standards Authority of India banned the Use of Stapler pins in tea bags.
- FSSAI order is issued under section 15 FSS Act 2006.
- This decision will be in effect from January 2018.
- As per to industry estimates the tea bag segment contributes 3 to 4 percent.
26th July 2017 Current Affairs – Appointments
Sanjay Gupta is appointed as the new person for Head of Marketing by Uber in India Division.
- Uber which is global ride sharing application has appointed Sanjay Gupta as the Head of Marketing for its India operations.
- Gupta has 15 years of experience and comes from online furniture portal Urban Ladder
- He uses to work as the chief marketing officer in Urban Ladder.
- He worked with Marico in the past where he is responsible for the growth of its edible oils brand Saffola.
Banking and Finance- Latest 26th July Current News
Fino payments bank is the new bank launched in India.
- India is set to launch its fourth payments bank which is Fino Payments Bank.
- Fino Payments Bank joins Airtel Payments Bank, India Post Payments Bank and Paytm Payments Bank.
- Fino payments used the core banking system.
- This bank uses Profile from FIS, delivered on a hosted basis.
- The same system which is set-up is already used by a number of other Indian banks, including North East Small Finance Bank and Bharatiya Mahila Bank.
- Fino Payments Bank is backed by ICICI Group, Bharat Petroleum, Blackstone, International Finance Corporation (IFC), Corporation Bank, Union Bank of India, and Indian Bank.
- It has a strategic partnership with ICICI Bank, where this bank sells ICICI Bank’s products through its network.
26th July 2017 General Knowledge Update – Sports News
India finish in the 7th Position with 11 medals in Youth Commonwealth Games
- India finished in a seventh position in the 6th Commonwealth Youth Games which was held in the Bahamas.
- Indian team won 11 medals, including four gold.
- Indian Participants won four gold, one silver and six bronze medals in the six-day multi-sporting event.
- In this Event, a total of 64 Countries Participated.
- England Topped on the top with 51 Medals followed by Australia and New Zealand.
Practice Daily Current Affairs Quiz
latest 26th July 2017 Current Affairs is that India’s first individual Olympic medal is set for auction to raise funds.
- Khashaba Jadhav who won India’s first individual Olympic medal has put his bronze medal for auction.
- In 1952 Helsinki Olympics Jadhav went to win the first Individual medal for India.
- Jadhav was facilitated with the most prestigious award Arjuna award after 16 years of his death.
Indian Skipper Mithali Raj was named as the Captain of ICC Women’s World Cup 2017 team by ICC.
- Indian Skipper Mithali Raj is named as the Captain of the ICC Women’s World Cup 2017 team.
- Apart from Mithali, Harmanpreet Kaur and Deepti Sharma were the other members from India to be in ICC Women’s World Cup team.
- This is the second instance Mithali was named in Team of the Tournament at World Cup.
- She was first in the Team in the year 2009.
Obituary News – Daily Current Affairs Updates for IBPS
As per 26th July 2017 Current Affairs News Indian scientist and academic Professor Yash Pal is no more
- Professor Yash Pal passed who was a Scientist of international repute Passed away.
- Indian Government awarded him Padma Bhushan in the year 1976.
- In 2013 he was awarded Padma Vibhushan which is a country second highest civilian honour.
- He is famous for his science show named as Turning Point.
- He worked as a chairman of University Grants Commission between 1986 and 1991.
- In 2009 he was awarded Kalinga Prize by UNESCO for the popularisation of Science.
- Yash Pal completed his PhD from Massachusetts Institute of Technology in 1958.
- He is known for his work in the field of science and in the study of cosmic rays, high energy physics.