Latest 27th July 2017 Current Affairs are updated here. We have provided every happening in details. Therefore, if you are preparing for Sarkari Naukri, IAS, IPS, UPSC, RRB, and other Banking Exams, go through the entire article. Job seekers are advised to read Today Current Affairs News 27th July 2017. Reading Today’s Current Events will help you know about Important News Updates and Highlights. Practicing Gk questions daily will improve your knowledge and will help you to prepare well for any competitive exams. Therefore, read Daily Current News & General Knowledge and qualify yourself in the upcoming competitive exams with a good score. For every government exams, General Knowledge sections are the most important and scoring section. Take Today Gk Quiz well and gather in-depth information about each occasion.
|DAY IN HISTORY|
|1.In 1866 Atlantic telegraph cable successfully laid (1,686 miles long)|
|2.In 1789 US Congress establishes Department of Foreign Affairs now referred to as the State Department|
Our Other Sources :
Today’s Current Affairs – 27 July 2017
Key Points to Remember :
- India to host Men’s Boxing Championship in 2021.
- Lucknow metro is the first India metro to have its own FM radio station.
- Madras High Court has made Vande Mataram Compulsory in Educational Institutions.
- Snapdeal approves Flipkart’s $900-950 million takeover offer.
- Greater Noida airport to have Metro link.
- As per the latest study, Moon may have water trapped under its surface.
- By 2040 UK is set to ban the sale of petrol and diesel cars.
- Google CEO Sundar Pichai joins Alphabet board of directors.
- Adam Peaty, Kylie Masse, Lilly King smash world records in swimming.
- Bricks Youth Form opens in Beijing.
- SIDBI starts merchant Banking operations for MSMEs.
27th July 2017 Current Affairs – National News
Greater Noida airport to have Metro link:
Delhi Metro is planning to construct a metro which directly connects Greater Noida Airport.
This decision was taken during the recent meeting with the UP government
It was created on 3rd May 1995 with E Sreedharan as their first managing director
Sreedharan handed over the MD Post to Mangu Singh on December 31, 2011.
DMRC received outstanding PSU of the year award by All India Management Association (AIMA).
Madras High Court has made Vande Mataram Compulsory in Educational Institutions:
- Madras High Court has made Vande Mataram compulsory in all Education Institutions.
- Justice M.V Muralidharan said that the National song is to be played and sung in all schools and colleges once a week.
- Vande Mataram is the poem composed by Bankim Chandra Chattopadhyay in 1870.
- It became a popular song for marching during the Indian freedom movement in 1905.
27th July 2017 Current Events – International News
Bricks Youth Form opens in Beijing:
The 2017 BRICS Youth Forum opened in Beijing, China. It was opened to discuss the development of the youth in the countries of the grouping.The theme of three-day forum is Enhance BRICS Partnership, Promote Youth Development It gathered 50 youth representatives working as civil servants, scholars, entrepreneurs, artists and journalists from the BRICS countries.BRICS countries which are in top five first came up with the idea of establishing a dialogue mechanism for BRICS youth in 2014 during a meeting between BRICS leaders in South Africa.
Important:BRICS was established in 2006.In the past three years, the forum has had achievements in various fields, such as youth policies and employment through dialogue.
By 2040 UK is set to ban the sale of petrol and diesel cars:
- Michael Gove Uk Environment Secretary has announced plans to ban the sale of new petrol and diesel cars in Britain by 2040.
- This announcement is a great milestone to shift toward electric cars, where there is less than 1 percent of sales in the UK.
- Coalition government carbon plan in 2011 predicted that all new cars sold after 2040 will be of emission free.
Latest Current News – Banking
SIDBI starts merchant Banking operations for MSMEs:
Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI) has started full-fledged merchant banking operations.From this operations, there is a benefit in expanding the number of growth-oriented micros, small and medium enterprises (MSMEs), especially those with a strong technology and innovation quotient.The main Aim of this is enhancing the access of MSMEs to the capital markets, including the SME Trading Platform and Institutional Trading Platform.
Note: Kshatrapati Shivaji is the Chairman and Managing Director of SIDBI.The Head Office of Small Industries Development Bank of India is in Lucknow.
Sundar Pichai who is Google CEO joins Alphabet board of directors:
Alphabet, the search giant’s parent company appoints Google CEO Sundar Pichai to the board of directorsThe alphabet is the second most valuable U.S. company which stands behind Apple. since Pichai Joining Alphabet shares have risen by more than 50%, following a steady rise through Google’s managerial ranks.
Note: CEO of California based US multinational conglomerate Alphabet is Larry Page.
Snapdeal approves Flipkart’s $900-950 million takeover offer:
Snapdeal Board has approved rival Flipkart take over the offer of $950 million.
The deal is now pending to the approval of Snapdeal.
Axis Bank which is Indian Private sector lender is the frontrunner to acquire Snapdeals digital payments Unit free charge for $60 Million.
Facts: Sanpdeal Founded in the year of 2010.
Its CEO is Kunak Bahl.
Flipkart has got an entry into the market in September 2007.
Its CEO is Kalyan Krishna Murthy.
India to host Men’s Boxing Championship in 2021:
India is hosting its maiden men’s World Boxing Championship in 2021.
These two events will take place in the capital city Delhi.
Ajay Singh who is the president of BFI made an announcement about this in Moscow.
This is the first time that a country got two major tournaments.
- Cuba ranks top having the highest medals in men championships with 128.
- India ranks 50 in men’s championships with only 3 medals.
- Head Quarters of AIBA – Lausanne
- President of AIBA – Dr Wu Ching Kuo.
Adam Peaty, Kylie Masse, Lilly King smash world records in swimming:
- Lilly King of United States won the women’s 100 meters breaststroke title in one of three world record swims.
- Adam Peaty of Britain continued his Breakstone trail-blazing with second world mark to reach 50m final.
- Canadas Kylie Masse produced a world best time to win the women’s 100m backstroke gold medal.
- Lilly King claimed the 12th world title in her short career.
As per 27th July 2017 Current Affairs, Moon may have water trapped under its surface.
As per the report, Moon may have huge reservoirs of water trapped under the surface in the form of volcanic glass beads.
A new study of Satellite data found that numerous volcanic deposits disturb across the surface of the Moon.
From 2008 types of research scientists detected the trace amounts of water in some of the volcanic glass beads back to Earth from Apollo 15 and 17 missions in the moon.
( Questions Asked from Above Mentioned Details Only )