- 1 Latest Current Events and Updates of Various News
29th July 2017 Current Affairs are given on this page to help you study well for the examinations. If you are going to appear for any Sarkari Naukri exams, then these Daily Current Events will help you prepare in the best way. This pattern of study will help you crack any Govt. Exam with good marks and will also boost your confidence for the Interview round. If you will read the Today Current Updates, your GK skills will be improved and you can easily get your desired job. Make sure you read all the Current Affairs 29th July 2017 to know all the happenings and events related to the date. Visit our website regularly to get all the latest GK Updates and news.
Latest Current Events and Updates of Various News
- Mumbai Metro made an announcement to the launch of India’s first Mobile Ticketing System OnGo.
- Amazon’s Jeff Bezos overtakes Bill Gates to become World’s richest man.
- Axis Bank has reappointed Shikha Sharma as MD & CEO.
- India’s first bullet train project the Mumbai Ahmedabad High-Speed Rail will be taken an inauguration this September.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi led the cabinet clear the New Wage Code Bill.
- Punjab National Bank and Bajaj Allianz General Insurance have made an agreement for the distribution of Insurance products.
- China and Russia held their First Joint Naval Drill in Baltic Sea.
- Inder Kumar who is a famous Bollywood actor passes away.
- Tax authorities of the five BRICS countries made an agreement on a land mark document to facilitate taxation cooperation.
- Virendra Sehwag and P T Usha named in 12 member committee to pick this year Khel Ratna and Arjuna Awardees.
- In mid-August, Facebook TV is set to take a launch.
29th July 2017 Current Affairs – National News
Prime Minister Narendra Modi led the cabinet clear the New Wage Code Bill.
- Indian Job growth is already below the required level said by PM Modi.
- The cabinet approved a uniform labour code on minimum wages that makes it obligatory for all the industries.
- As per the bill, they should pay a minimum wage to all category of employees across the country and not those earning less than 18,000 a month as it now.
- Brazil which made an implementation as similar minimum wage law has to suffer a regional income disparity as a result.
As per latest Current Affairs, Mumbai Metro made an announcement to the launch of India’s first Mobile Ticketing System OnGo.
Mumbai Metro made an announcement to the launch of India’s first Mobile Ticketing System ‘OnGo’.
It will help commuters pass the AFC gates using their mobile phones.
Commuters will be able to generate a QR Code through ‘OnGo’ service for current or future journeys
- Mumbai Metro is a consortium formed by Reliance Infrastructure Ltd, MMRDA and Veolia Transport SA, France.
- Mrs Ashwini Bhide is the present Managing Director of Mumbai Metro Rail Corporation.
India’s first bullet train project the Mumbai Ahmedabad High-Speed Rail will be taken an inauguration this September.
- Mumbai Metro recently makes an announcement of the plan to start India first bullet train project.
- The High-speed rail, the bullet train will start from Mumbai and will go till Ahmedabad.
- It will be built using Japanese Shinkansen technology.
- Abe and Narendra Modi will jointly inaugurate the project with laying the foundation stone.
International News – Latest Current Events
Amazon’s Jeff Bezos overtakes Bill Gates to become World’s richest man
- Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos has become the worlds richest man.
- Microsoft founder Bill Gates reclaimed the lead by afternoon as Amazon stock fell nearly 1% for the day to $1,046.
- As per Forbes magazines tracking of wealth as stock in his e-commerce company hit all time high.
Today Current GK – Agreement News
Punjab National Bank and Bajaj Allianz General Insurance have made an agreement for the distribution of Insurance products
- Bajaj Allianz General Insurance will offer personal lines of insurance products.
- They made an offer such as health, personal accident, home, motor and travel and various other sectors.
- Punjab National Bank and Bajaj Allianz came to an agreement for the distribution of their insurance products through the branches.
- The bank has a widespread network of around 7,000 branches.
- CEO of Punjab National Bank: Sunil Mehta
- Bajaj Allianz General Insurance CEO: Tapan Singhel
Tax authorities of the five BRICS countries made an agreement on a land mark document to facilitate taxation cooperation
- BRICS labour and Employment ministers meeting which took recently saw the signing of the BRICS taxation Cooperation Memorandum.
- In this, the five nations made an agreement to work together to ensure stable employment and better quality of life for their people.
- Its establishment took place in 2009.
- The BRICS members are either developing or newly industrialised countries.
- Till now 8 BRICS Summits has taken place.
29th July 2017 Current Affairs – Defence News
China and Russia held their First Joint Naval Drill in Baltic Sea.
- Chinese and Russian warships had a practice together in the Baltic sea.
- In the first joint naval exercise, the two countries have a hold in the area which they made a focus of high tensions between Russia and the West.
- China and Russia have held this joint military exercise for more than a year.
Appointment News – Daily Gk Update
Axis Bank has reappointed Shikha Sharma as MD & CEO – 29th July 2017 Current Affairs
- Shikha Sharma takes a reappointment as chief executive of Axis Bank.
- She took an agreement for the next three years.
- By this agreement, she will be in that role till June 2021.
About Shiksha Sharma:
- Shiksha Sharma joined Axis Bank in 2009.
- She has more than three decades of experience in the financial sector.
- She began her career with ICICI Bank in 1980.
Science and Technology
Facebook TV will launch in mid-August
- The first Facebook TV Episodes will telecast in mid-August.
- The Company is asking its partners to turn in the first episodes of their spotlight shows.
- This new video section will offer the social network more than 2 billion users.
Sports News on the Latest Current updates
29th July 2017 Current Affairs news is that Virendra Sehwag and P T Usha named in 12 member committee to pick this year Khel Ratna and Arjuna Awardees.
- The names of Indian Opener Virendra Sehwag and former athlete PT Usha in Committee to pick Khel Ratna and Arjuna Awardees.
- The committee has 12 members among which this duo will take a part.
- Justice C k Thakkar is the head of the committee.
( Questions Asked from Above Mentioned Details Only )