We are giving you with the 2nd August 2017 Current Affairs which will help you for preparing your competitive exams. Staying updated with the daily events and happenings is important in today’s competitive world. If you dream of a job in the government sector, you should have known about the day to day affairs. Aspirants, those who are going to apply for the Sarkari Naukri must practice the Daily Current Affairs GK Questions. You will get Latest 2nd August 2017 Current Affairs that will help you to crack any Govt. exam.
Current Affairs 2nd August 2017 – National, International and Other Updates
- Arvind Panagariya resigns as the Vice Chairman of Niti Aayog.
- Google hires 16-year-old government school boy from Chandigarh at an annual salary of Rs 1.44 crore.
- A backup navigation satellite is set to launch by ISRO by month end.
- DRDO Develops a self Ejects black box for Aeroplanes.
- In Djibouti China formally opens first overseas military base.
- As per the Sources, SoftBank may invest in Flipkart through the fund.
- RC Khuntia will replace Digvijaya Singh as Congress Telangana in charge.
- The government of India enters into nine Unilateral Advance Pricing Agreements with Tax payers in India.
- Modi launches the third cleanliness survey which is Swachh Survekshan.
- Trump awards Medal of Honor to Army medic 48 years late.
- Kelly sworn takes charge as Trump’s second chief of staff.
- India Bhutan new agreement on trade & Transit came into force.
- Sameer Garde is given a position of Cisco president.
- Los Angles will host 2028 Olympic summer games and Paris will host it in 2024.
- Dhrupad Maestro Ustad Sayeeduddin Dagar dies at the age of 78.
Current Events Today – National News
Arvind Panagariya resigns as the Vice Chairman of Niti Aayog.
- Panagariya, an Indian American economist and professor of economics at Columbia University, was named as a vice chairman of Niti Aayog.
- He was in that role from January 2015.
- He was the first vice-chairman of the Niti Aayog.
- Panagariya has earlier been the chief economist of the Asian Development Bank and a professor of economics and co-director, Center for International Economics, the University of Maryland at College Park.
RC Khuntia will replace Digvijaya Singh as Congress Telangana in charge.
- The Congress party gave the responsibilities of Party affairs in Telangana to RC Khuntia.
- Previously the party affairs in Telangana was under Digvijaya Singh.
- RC Khuntia is a replacement of Digivijaya Singh.
- Congress party President Sonia Gandhi made an approval of a new AICC team to look after the party affairs in Telangana.
- Mr Khuntia will be an assistant in his tasks by Satish Jarkiholi as the party secretary.
Modi launches the third cleanliness survey which is called Swachh Survekshan.
- Government launches the third Cleanliness survey known as Swachh Survekshan 2018.
- It is launched in rank 4,041 cities and towns in the country with a revised methodology.
- Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs Narendra Singh Tomar states that cities with less than 1 lakh population will have state and Zonal rankings.
- The cleanliness survey took a launch in 2016 as a part of Swachh Bharat Mission.
- The results of the survey will be made an announcement in March Next year.
International News – 2nd August 2017 Current Affairs
In Djibouti China formally opens first overseas military base.
- China Formally opens its first overseas military base on Tuesday.
- It opens the military base by flag raising ceremony in Djibouti in the Horn of Africa.
- China began its construction of a logistics base in Djibouti last year.
- The base will help China to better support its portal in waters off Somalia and Yemen
Kelly sworn takes charge as Trump’s second chief of staff.
- John Kelly has taken a sworn in as president Trump’s new chief.
- He is born and brought up in Boston.
- His career in the Marine corps and Army forces last almost five years.
- He has served two US defence secretaries, Leon Panetta and Robert Gates.
Current Affairs Questions – Agreement News
India Bhutan new agreement on trade & Transit came into force.
- The ministry of Commerce has said the new agreement on trade and commerce between India and China has come into force.
- The ministry says it will further strengthen economic ties between the two countries.
- This trade between two countries has made an increase in USD 7.43 billion in 2016-2017 from USD 6.76 billion.
Appointments and Economy News – Daily Gk updates
As per the Sources, SoftBank may invest in Flipkart through the fund.
- Soft Bank group is in talks with Flipkart to make an invest despite the collapse of discussions with Snapdeal.
- Soft Bank made an investment in Indian online grocer Grofers and Cab hailing firm Ola.
- The Soft Bank founder Masayoshi Son will be eager to invest in Flipkart through Vision Fund.
As per 2nd August 2017 Current Affairs Sameer Garde is given a position of Cisco president.
- Tech giant Cisco has named the former Philips Health care executive Sameer Garde as their president for its India operations and SAARC operations.
- He succeeds Dinesh Malkani who is leaving the company to pursue other opportunities.
- Garde is responsible for Cisco’s senior level external engagement.
About Sameer Garde
- He has previously been working for Philips, Samsung India and Dell India.
- He is the president for South Asia Philips for 1 year and 5 months.
2nd August 2017 Current Affairs – Defence News
DRDO Develops a self Ejects black box for Aeroplanes.
- Military R&D agency and DRDO has made a development to a self-ejectable black box for aeroplanes.
- The device ejects from aircraft when its links after an accident and self-activities when it comes into contact with water.
- Built as a part of Make in Ininitiativetive the product aims for use on planes and submarines.
Sports News – Gk Today Update
Los Angles will host 2028 Olympic summer games and Paris will host it in 2024 – 2nd August 2017 Current Affairs
- Los Angles will host the 2028 Olympic Summer games instead of 2024 games.
- It is Hosting the Olympic and Paralympic Games for the first time in 44 years.
- Los Angles first host the International Olympic in 1932.
- It will host again in 2028 before hosting in 1932 and 1984.
About Olympic Summer Games
- It first took place in 1896 in four different cities.
- Recently Brazil has hosted the Olympic Summer Games.
- The US is in the lead of the medals table in Olympic Summer Games.
Current Questions and Answers – Obituary News
Dhrupad Maestro Ustad Sayeeduddin Dagar dies at the age of 78.
- Indian Classic singer and a member and Dagar family Ustad Sayeeduddin Dagar passes away.
- He was 78 when he took his last breath.
- He represents the 19th generation of Dagar Traditional.
( Questions Asked from Above Mentioned Details Only )