31st May 2017 Current Affairs, latest gk questions are available here. Read the Daily Current Affairs and Latest News Updates, general awareness questions for the competitive exams. Practice the quiz on the 31st May 2017 Current Affairs Today from below sections.
Also, read: 31st May 2017 GK Questions and Answers
31st May 2017 Current Affairs Today – News Highlights
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will inaugurate the Kochi Metro Railways on June 17, 2017
- Prasar Bharati signs MoU Agreement with Morocco’s SNRT
- Union Government has launched ‘Darwaza Band’, a new campaign to promote sanitation
- India and Fiji signed a MoU on Defence Cooperation
- Prakash Javadekar, Union Minister has launched an Anti-Ragging Mobile App of UGC
- Sebastian Vettel has won the 2017 Monaco Grand Prix
- Goa Government imposed the ban on the usage of thin plastic bags to tackle garbage
Latest Current Affairs 31st May 2017 – National
Union Government has launched ‘Darwaza Band’ to promote sanitation
The Union government has recently launched new campaign ‘Darwaza Band’ to promote toilet usage in the rural areas. Amitabh Bachchan has taken the initiative to promote this campaign. Union Minister for Drinking Water and Sanitation Narendra Singh Tomar and Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis will also take part in this event.
PM Narendra Modi will inaugurate Kochi Metro Railways on June 17, 2017
Prime Minister Narendra Modi will inaugurate the prestigious project of Kerala’s Kochi Metro on 17th June 2017. The inaugural function of 13-km Aluva-Palarivattom corridor will be held in Ernakulam district at Aluva. The Kochi Metro got the green signal from safety panel of rail and started trails on the corridor.
Also, read: 31st May 2017 GK Quiz
31st May 2017 Current Affairs Today – International Updates
India and Fiji signs MoU on Defence Cooperation
Minister of Defence, Finance and Corporate Affairs of India Arun Jaitley and Minister of Defence and National Security of Fiji, Ratu Inoke Kubuabola has signed MoU agreement on Defence Cooperation in New Delhi. India has signed the agreement with the Fiji for the cooperation of defense industry, military training, humanitarian assistance & disaster management.
Current Affairs and GK Today Updates – 31st May 2017
Cannes Film Festival awards 2017
- Joaquin Phoenix (“You Were Never Really Here”) – Best Actor
- Diane Kruger, (“In the Fade”) – Best Actress
- Taylor Sheridan, “Wind River” – Best Director
- Jury Prize – Michel Franco, “April’s Daughter”;
- Best Performance – Jasmine Trinca, “Fortunata”.
- Pranab Mukherjee has won the“Colour Atlas of Oral Implantology” and “Conservative Dentistry – basics” first copies of the books.
- Najma Heptulla has become the First Woman Chancellor Of Jamia Millia Islamia.
Latest Highlights of 31st May 2017 – Current Affairs Business News
Bank of Maharashtra, SBI, Canara Bank hiked charges to hit customers
The Nationalized Banks of Bank of Maharashtra (BOM), SBI, Canara Bank has again hiked the charges for several services or facilities. Increases charges include various sections like:
- card issuance charges.
- chequebook issuance
- cash handling
- charges withdrawals beyond stipulated numbers
- signature verification
Prasar Bharati has signed a MoU with Morocco’s SNRT
The Prasar Bharati and Morocco’s SNRT have signed a MoU to set up the cooperation in the broadcasting sector. During the fifth India Morocco Joint Commission Meeting (JCM) in Rabat, Morocco’s capital, this agreement has been signed.