- 1 Current Affairs 3rd August 2017 – National, International and Other Updates
- 1.1 3rd August 2017 Current Affairs – National News
- 1.2 International News – Latest Current Events
- 1.3 Business News – Today 3rd August 2017 Current Affairs
- 1.4 Latest Gk Updates – Agreement News
- 1.5 Banking News – Current Affairs Today
- 1.6 Gk Today Updates – Appointments
- 1.7 3rd August 2017 Current Affairs – Sports News
3rd August 2017 Current Affairs with explanation are updated on this article. Have a glance at the Today’s News National, International Updates, Business and Economic News highlights. Fetch the Current Affairs GK Today capsule through this page at a free of cost. Also, collect the Daily Current Affairs Updates, Weekly – monthly Current pdfs for the upcoming competitive exams. Practice the latest 3rd August 2017 GK Questions and practice the daily gk quiz to analyse your performance.
Current Affairs 3rd August 2017 – National, International and Other Updates
- To suggest Data Protection Frame work Government forms Panel.
- e- RaKAM Portal is launched by the government for selling agri produce.
- Modi the PM of India announces Rs 2,350 crore relief package for floods in North East region.
- Mukesh Ambani the second richest man in Asia.
- Flipkart completes an eBay merge.
- Airtel Payments Bank made a tie up with HPCL for ATM Services.
- Indian Air Force felicitates the Indian Women Cricketer Shikha Pandey.
- Bombay Stock Exchange appoints Dhirendra Swarup as their new chairman.
- Samsung Pay is now available for higher variants of SBI.
3rd August 2017 Current Affairs – National News
e- RaKAM Portal is launched by the government for selling agri produce.
- The Union Cabinet launches a portal e- RaKAM to provide a platform to sell agricultural products.
- It is a joint initiative run by state run auctioneer MSTC and Central Warehousing Corporation arm CRWC.
- It is a digital initiative platform which aims to bring the farmers together.
- It is the first kind of technology that connects farmers of smallest villages to the biggest markets of the world.
- People can see the increase in prices of crops due to rainfall or bad weather conditions by using this platform.
- It will help the farmers who play an important role in national development.
Modi the PM of India announces Rs 2,350 crore relief package for floods in North East region.
- Narendra Modi the Prime Minister of India made an announcement of the package of Rs 2,350 crores for all North East States.
- The package for these states is for mitigating the impact of floods on the short and long term basis.
- For setting up research projects to study the Brahmaputra and its role in creating a devastating flood Modi made an arrangement of Rs 100 crore.
International News – Latest Current Events
Indian and China are the home of Internet says the UN Report.
- India and China are the home to 39 percent of the 830 million young people world wide who use the Internet.
- The report has come out from UN.
- The data released by the International Telecommunication Union and ICts shows that about 830 million young people are using the Internet.
- In those 830 million 320 million are from China and India.
Business News – Today 3rd August 2017 Current Affairs
Mukesh Ambani the second richest man in Asia.
- Mukesh Ambani the owner of Reliance Industries has become the second Asia’s richest man.
- He has past Li Ka Shing and became the second richest person in Asia.
- The chairman of Reliance Industries has added $12.5 billion to his wealth this year.
- The reports came out from the Bloomberg Billionaires Index.
About Mukesh Ambani
- He is the world richest person with $63.2 billion in 2007.
- In 2010 he received the Business man of the year.
Latest Gk Updates – Agreement News
Flipkart completes an eBay merge.
- Flipkart said it has completed the merger with eBay India’s operations.
- With this Agreement, eBay will now be a Flipkart Group company.
- In exchange for an equality stake in Flipkart, eBay has made a cash investment of $500 million and sold it eBay business to Flipkart.
Banking News – Current Affairs Today
Airtel Payments Bank made a tie up with HPCL for ATM Services.
- Airtel Payments Bank has made an achievement of 10 million customers base since their launch with Hindustan Petroleum Corporation.
- The Airtel Payments Bank Customers would be able to access a range of convenient banking services at HPCL Petrol Bunks like opening new accounts.
- Shashi Arora the Managing Director of Airtel Payments Bank said that this partnership will add to the growth of digital payments in the country.
- This cashless payment is made by smart phones as well as feature phones.
3rd August 2017 Current Affairs news is Samsung Pay is now available for higher variants of SBI.
- State Bank of India and Samsung India announced the availability of payment platform Samsung for higher variants of SBI Debit Card.
- Rajnish Kumar Md of SBi says the tie up with Samsung Pay is one Such initiative which will give the customers an additional reason to go digital.
- Samsung Pay uses Magnetic Secure Transmission Technology Enabling customers to make offline payments.
Gk Today Updates – Appointments
Bombay Stock Exchange appoints Dhirendra Swarup as their new chairman.
- Bombay Stock Exchange appoints Dhirendra Swarup as their new Chairman.
- Swarup takes the appointment after his name got an approval by the securities markets.
About Dhirendra Swarup
- He served as a chairman of the cash and Debt Management Committee of RBI From 2000 to 2003.
- He is a retired secretary to the Ministry of Finance of the Indian Government.
3rd August 2017 Current Affairs – Sports News
Indian Air Force felicitates the Indian Women Cricketer Shikha Pandey.
- Cricketer Shikha Pandey the member of Indian Cricket team got felicitated by Indian Air Force.
- She got the felicitation for her brilliant performance during the ICC Women’s World Cup 2007.
- Pandey was commissioned in IAF on June 30, 2012, as an Air Traffic Control Officer.
( Questions Asked from Above Mentioned Details Only )