Here is your 4th August 2017 Current Affairs. Read these current affairs on today current events happening around the world. Take a deep study of this Current News and take Today Gk quiz based on today current affairs. we will provide you with the latest GK questions and Gk Quiz links in this page. By reading 4th August 2017 Current Affairs you can get a good knowledge which will help you for IBPS, SSC, CRP and various other Bank Jobs. Contenders make a note of this Current Events that will be helpful for you in scoring good marks when appearing for Sarkari Naukri exams and other Government exams. Have a good study on Current Affairs which will be a great help for you in future. We are here with the latest current events and more gk questions on current affairs on this page.
Current Affairs 4th August 2017
- The railway Projects worth Rs 3,600 crore got approval by CCEA.
- Gautan Kaushik the new CEO of PAYBACK India.
- India to construct hydro electric power by world bank approval.
- Christopher Wary will lead the FBI.
- T K Vishwanath made a committee on Fair Market conduct which is a set up of SEBI.
- East Bengal Football Club honours Dhanraj Pillay with Bharat Gaurav award.
- Former Union minister Santosh Mohan Dev Passes away.
- The US Says to Americans to leave North Korea before the ban kicks in on September 1.
- Neymar becomes the world greatest person to receive a huge record transfer money.
- ISRO to Sign MoU to Sync desi GPS with IST.
- Itay and Qatar Sign nearly $6 billion deal for Warships.
- Facebook acquires AI Startup to make Messenger Smarter.
Today Current Events – National News
The railway Projects worth Rs 3,600 crore got approval by CCEA.
- Cabinet Committee approves rail projects including doubling and electrification of 349Km of tracks.
- The estimated cost is around Rs 3,616 crores involving important Junctions like Madurai and Thiruvananthapuram.
- The cabinet approves the construction of the 102km double electrified line between Vanchi-Maniyachchi-Nagercoil in Tamil Nadu.
India to construct hydro electric power by world bank approval.
- World Bank has approved India to Construct hydroelectric power facilities.
- These Hydro Electric power facilities will take construction on the rivers of Jhelum and Chenab with Certain Restrictions.
- The World Bank comments came out from officials from India Pakistan conclusions over the secretary levels talks over the IWT.
- Pakistan opposes the construction of the Krishnganga and Ratle Hydroelectric power plants built by India in Jammu and Kashmir.
International News – 4th August 2017 Current Affairs
Christopher Wary will lead the FBI.
- FBI Confirms Christoper Wary as their next FBI director in a 92-5 Senate Vote.
- He is replacing James Comey and he is the part of the Investigation team during 2016 elections.
- Wary is a former Justice Department Official.
- He ran the criminal division of the Department of Justice under George W. Bush from 2003 to 2005.
The US Says to Americans to leave North Korea before the ban kicks in on September 1.
- The United States says to the Americans in North Korea to get out before the travel ban comes into effect.
- The travel ban comes into effect from Sept 1.
- The ban is made an announcement in last month and was published yesterday in the Federal Register.
- State Department says it doesn’t yet know when it will release information on how to apply for the exception.
Appointment News – Latest GK Today
Gautan Kaushik the new CEO of PAYBACK India.
- PAYBACK made an announcement of the appointment of Gautam Kaushik as their new Chief Executive Officer.
- The new CEO Gautam Kaushik will be spearheading the India Operations and will be leading the Critical business areas.
- The areas he will be leading will be Strategic Business Planning and Development Partner Management.
- Before Joining as CEO in PAYBACK Kaushik was working with American Express as Vice President and Chief Financial officer.
4th August 2017 Current Affairs – Agreements
ISRO to Sign MoU to Sync desi GPS with IST.
- To make desi GPS named as NavIC ISRO will sign a MoU with CSIR National Physical Laboratory.
- This move will help desi GPS get formally synchronized with the Indian Standard Time.
- The setup will help in making the desi GPS fully operational in the market for commercial purposes.
Itay and Qatar Sign nearly $6 billion deal for Warships.
- Qatar made an agreement of 5 billion euro deal to purchase seven naval vessels from Italy.
- The Qatar Foreign Minister Sheikh Mohammed bin Abdulrahman Al Thani made an announcement deal at the joint news conference in Doha with Italian Foreign Minister Angelino Alfano.
- Qatar which is world’s largest liquefied natural gas exporter and other energy rich Gulf countries are among this military equipment.
Current Updates – Sports News
Neymar becomes the world greatest person to receive a huge record transfer money.
- Neymar the former Barcelona Star and the Brazil Superstar received the world record transfer fee.
- He joins the PSG team by acquiring the world transfer fee of 250 million euros.
- This transfer has made a change in the power dynamic in Europen Football.
East Bengal Football Club honours Dhanraj Pillay with Bharat Gaurav award.
- Former Indian Hockey Player Dhanraj Pillay receives honour with Bharat Gaurav award.
- The Bharat Gaurav award which is the highest award is given to him by Bengal Football Club on its foundation day.
About Dhanraj Pillay:
- He is the present manager of the Indian Hockey team.
- Pillay made a debut in 1989 with the national team and has a career of 15 years in this field.
- He is awarded Padma Shri by the government of India in 2000.
4th August 2017 Current Affairs – Obituary News
Former Union minister Santosh Mohan Dev Passes away.
- Former Union Minister Santosh Mohan Dev passes away.
- He is 86 and is survived by his former legislator wife Bithika Dev.
- He was elected to Lok Sabha seven times since 1980.
( Questions Asked from Above Mentioned Details Only )