We are giving you with the 8th August 2017 Current Affairs that we have gathered for you. Today Current Affairs will keep you updated with the world. All Daily Current Affairs including National, International, Sports, Banking and Economy, and many others are given in this post. Read the GKToday Updates to know all the happenings and events of 8th August. Reading Latest Current Affairs helps you a lot in improving your GK Skills. When it comes to your Sarkari Naukri exams, the habit of reading the Current Affairs makes it easier for you to crack any Government exam with any difficulty level. Read the following Today’s Current Affairs.
Latest August 8th Current Affairs
- BCCI ordered to lift the lifetime ban on Cricketer Sreesanth by Kerala HC.
- Al-Jazeera the news network is ready to ban by Israel.
- GST Shiksha hub for small enterprise announced by TCS.
- Britannia to set up its largest plant in Maharastra.
- FB leaves Alphabet and Microsoft behind.
- Russian Player Ekaterina Makarova wins the Citi Open in Washington DC.
- Bombay High court issued that 14 years below children are not allowed to participate in Dahi Handi.
- World Bank appoints IAS Officer from Gujarat S. Aparna as Executive Director.
- Indonesia and Russia sign a new deal.
- Netherlands is the new European champions in Women’s International Football Tournament
- Arsenal won against Chelsea to win the Community Shield.
Today Current Update News – National
Today Current Affairs is that Britannia to set up its largest plant in Maharastra.
- India’s leading FMCG Britannia Industries is ready to set up its largest plant in Maharashtra
- The plant will be at food park at Ranjangaon.
- The park will be the largest biscuits manufacturing plant with six lines, along with cake and rusk.
- The company is also planning to set up a dairy project at the food park with a capacity of seven lakh litres per day.
GST Shiksha hub for small enterprise announced by TCS.
- Tata Consultancy Services on Monday made an announcement about its partnership with Laghu Udyog Bharati.
- They made this partnership in the association of small and micro industrial units.
- It aims to provide relevant information on GST to all MSMEs on a real-time basis, helping them to be updated on any GST-link development.
- With the availability of digital learning content, Laghu Bharati Udyog will be able to reach MSMEs in remote areas.
International News – 8th August 2017 Current Affairs
Al-Jazeera the news network is ready to ban by Israel.
- Communications minister of Israeli Ayoub Kara made an announcement to close Al Jazeera Media Network bureau in Jerusalem.
- He said that this network is making violence and presenting unprofessional journalism.
About Al Jazeera
- It is a State funded broadcaster in Doha.
- It is founded on November 1st, 1996.
- the government of Qatar owns the Al Jazeera.
Today Current Events – Business News
FB leaves Alphabet and Microsoft behind.
- Facebook has overtaken Microsoft & Alphabet in securing maximum profit per employee in the 2nd quarter of 2017.
- While Twitter suffered a huge loss.
- Facebook which has employment of 20,658 persons in past quarter made roughly Rs 1.2 cr per employee while Twitter lost nearly Rs 22 lakhs per employee.
- Microsoft made Rs 33 lakhs & Alphabet Rs 29 lakhs per employee, 4 times less profit per employee than FB.
8th August 2017 Current Affairs – Agreement Updates
Indonesia and Russia sign a new deal.
- Indonesia’s PT Perusahaan Perdagangan & Russia’s Rostec have made a deal to trade Sukhoi SU-35 for commodities like tea & coffee.
- Indonesia has $411 million trade surplus with Russia in 2016 & aims to expand its partnership in tourism, education among others
- Under supervision of both govt deal will soon be realised through exchange of 11 Sukhoi SU-35s & no. of Indonesian exports
latest Gk Updates – Appointment News
World Bank appoints IAS Officer from Gujarat S. Aparna as Executive Director
- S. Aparna an IAS officer from Gujarat Cadre takes charge as Executive Director of the World Bank.
- She takes charge as the executive director in world bank to represent the constituency of India, Bangladesh, Bhutan and Sri Lanka for three years.
- The 1988 batch IAS officer is currently the Principal Secretary of Gujarat Chief Minister Vijay Rupani.
- She will replace Subhash Garg who recently takes an appointment as Economic Affairs Secretary.
Sports News – Today Current Gk Questions Affairs
BCCI ordered to lift the lifetime ban on Cricketer Sreesanth by Kerala HC – 8th August 2017 Current Affairs
- Kerala High Court lifts the ban the which is imposed by BCCI on S Sreesanth for his involvement in spot fixing scandal in IPL.
- He was ban in 2013 for his allegations spot fixing in IPL.
- He was given charge alongside 2 of his Rajasthan Royals teammates, Ajit Chandila & Ankeet Chavan.
- Challenging the ban, Sreesanth made a petition at the high court that not lifting the ban violates his constitutional rights.
Arsenal won against Chelsea to win the Community Shield.
- Arsenal defeats Chelsea 4-1 on penalties to win the season-opening Community Shield for the 15th time.
- Chelsea’s Victor Moses opens the scoring when he smashes a loose ball past Cech in the 46th minute before Arsenal’s Kalasinac equalise in the 82nd minute.
- For the first time on English soil, an ABBA penalty shootout took place, Giroud scores the winning penalty to help Arsenal win over Chelsea.
8th August 2017 Current Affairs – More Sports News
Netherlands is the new European champions in Women’s International Football Tournament.
- Netherlands won their 1st major women’s international tournament after a thrilling 4-2 victory over Denmark in Euro 2017 final.
- Miedema scored her 2nd of the match in the 89th minute to bring Dutch their first ever European championship.
- The Dutch is the only fourth team to lift the trophy after 8-time champions Germany.
- 2-time winners Norway & Sweden, who won the first edition in 1984.
Russian Player Ekaterina Makarova wins the Citi Open in Washington DC.
- Yekaterina Makarova the Russian player defeats Julia Goerges of Germany to win Citi Open tennis tournament in the U.S. capital.
- The win was the 29-year-old Makarova’s third WTA title in her career and earns her a prize payment of $43,000.
- She entered the tournament ranked No. 58 in the world. Goerges was ranked 40th.
|Read 7th August Current Affairs|
|More Current Affairs|