Current Affairs 1 May 2017, Latest Current Affairs of this week are available here. Aspirants can check the Today’s Current GK, General Awareness updates on this page. Also, go through the May 1st, 2017 General Knowledge Question and answers which are available with the complete set of solutions with the explanation.
Current Affairs 1 May 2017 – Today Importance
International Workers’ Day/ Labour Day on 1 May 2017
- The international labor movement, socialists, communists or anarchists will celebrate the International Workers’ Day/ Labour Day in some countries.
- This day is celebrated as May Day which is May 1st. We celebrate this day to pay tribute to the Labourers. Because Without them nothing is possible and nothing will complete.
- In our country, India, the first Labour Day, or May Day was celebrated in 1923 in Chennai.
Current Affairs 1 May 2017 – National Updates
Assam gets its first Shatabdi Express
- Minister of State for Railways Rajen Gohain has flagged off the Assam’s First Shatabdi Express from Dibrugarh.
- The Assam’s Shatabdi Express train (No. 12085/12086) will run between Dibrugarh and Guwahati.
- The Shatabdi Express trains are among the fastest and most prestigious trains of the Indian Railways.
Kerala’s Aymanam has become the Country’s First Digitised Panchayat ward
- Kerala’s Aymanam district has become the India’s first digitized panchayat ward.
- Krishan Pal Gurjar, the Union minister of state for social justice and empowerment has inaugurated the first digitized panchayat ward website.
- The minister has launched the website Hyperlink “http://www.digitalaymanam.com”www.digitalaymanam.com”.
1 May 2017 Current Affairs – Today National Event
Government launches the new Test and Treat policy for HIV Patients
- The Central Govt has recently launched the new policy for HIV suffering individuals.
- HIV destroys the CD4 T cells in the body and weakens the Body’s immune system.
- As per the new policy, “As soon as a person is tested and found to be positive, he will be provided with ART (antiretroviral therapy) irrespective of his CD count or clinical stage”
- Men, women, adolescents and children with HIV+ cases will come under this category.
Current Affairs of 1st May 2017 – International Event
Olympic swimmer Yusra Mardini has become the UNHCR ambassador
- Yusra Mardini, a Syrian woman has recently appointed as the UN agency for refugees as its new Goodwill Ambassador.
- On this occasion, the Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees given the statement that “Mardini saved the lives of 20 refugees”.
- Mardini is one among the 10 athletes who made up the historic Olympic Refugee Team. She has also participated at the Rio Olympic Games last year.
Also, practice May 1st, 2017 Current Affairs Quiz
Current Affairs 1 May 2017 – Science & Technology
Google to introduce ‘Solve for India’ campaign
- Google to launch the new “Solve for India” initiative.
- This has taken this decision especially for tier-2 cities such as Pune, Jaipur, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Kochi, Indore, Nagpur, Nashik, Madurai, Kanpur, and Chennai.
- This campaign aims to support entrepreneurs and developers of the country.
- Also, this campaign will provide a good and technological platform for developers, entrepreneurs in tier 2 cities.
Current Affairs May 1st, 2017 – Sports News
Rafael Nadal has won his 10th Barcelona Open Title
- Nadal has won the 10th Barcelona Open title by collecting his second clay court title in a row.
Mercedes’ Valtteri Bottas registers maiden Formula One win in Russia
- At the Russian Grand Prix, Valtteri Bottas has claimed his maiden Formula One victory.
Current Affairs 1 May 2017 – Awards and Honors
Hero MotoCorp – ‘Indian MNC of the Year’ award Winner
- Hero MotoCorp, the India’s largest two-wheeler manufacturer has won the title of Indian MNC of the year’ by AIMA.
- Pawan Munjal is the Chairman, Managing Director, and CEO, Hero MotoCorp Ltd.
- Hero MotoCorp sold more than 6.6 million two-wheelers in 2017. Thus it became the only Indian two-wheeler company to have a manufacturing facility in Latin America.