Current Affairs 5 May 2017 are available on this page with the clear cut explanation. Check the Today’s Current Affairs 5th May 2017 and practice the mock test related to these questions. Also, check the Daily date wise current affairs of May 2017 through this page. Go through the following sections and read the Current Affairs of 5th May 2017.
Current Affairs 5 May 2017 – Important Updates of 5th May 2017
AIIB grants $160 mn for Andhra Pradesh power project
China-sponsored Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank has recently approved USD 160 million loan for a power project in Andhra Pradesh state. with this, it is the first ever credit from the bank for an Indian project.
Swachh Survekshan 2017: Indore is the cleanest city
As per the ‘Swachh Survekshan 2017’, the Urban Development Minister M Venkaiah Naidu said that Indore in Madhya Pradesh is India’s cleanest city. Reports also clear that Gujarat has the maximum of 12 cities among the top 50 clean cities. As per the reports, the Uttar Pradesh accounted for half of the bottom 50 cities in the cleanliness ranking.
India will achieve 7.1% growth this year: United Nations report
As per the latest United Nations report, India will achieve 7.1 percent growth this year. The UN Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (ESCAP) has recently launched the annual flagship report ‘The Economic and Social Survey of Asia and the Pacific 2017’.
Practice Today’s 5th May 2017 GK Quiz for sure
5 May 2017 Current Affairs Important updates – Today GK Questions
India to get world’s highest railway bridge over Chenab river in Jammu &Kashmir
Within 2 years, the Chenab river in Jammu and Kashmir will be spanned by the world’s highest railway bridge. It is expected to be 35 meters taller than Paris’ Eiffel Tower. The huge arch-shaped structure will be constructed at a cost of around Rs. 1,100 crores.
Gadkari inaugurates The Highway Saga, SRISHTI exhibitions
Nitin Gadkari, the Minister of Road Transport and Highways has inaugurated two exhibitions i.e., ‘The Highway Saga: Past Present and Future’ and ‘Safe Road and Inter-State Highways Transforming India. The inauguration takes place at Vigyan Bhawan in New Delhi. Ministry of Road Transport and Highways has organized this exhibition as a part of three-day India Integrated Transport and Logistics Summit (IITLS).
Chhattisgarh State Government auctions India’s most expensive limestone block
The Chhattisgarh state govt has successfully auctioned its third limestone block, Kesla-II to Dalmia Cement. Kesla-II block is in the Tilda Tehsil of Raipur district of Chhattisgarh. This agreement has broken the national the record held by Rajasthan at 67.94 percent of IBM prices for its limestone block of Nagaur District.
Also read: Current Affairs 5th May 2017 Questions
Current Affairs 5 May 2017 Quiz Question and Answers pdf
Braj Bihari Kumar appointed as the chairman of ICSSR
The editor of quarterly journals Dialogue and Chintan Srijan, Braj Bihari Kumar is the new chairman of the Indian Council of Social Science Research (ICSSR). The HRD Ministry finalizes his name for the top post for a period of three years.
Cabinet approves Vijayawada Airport as the International Airport
Union Cabinet has recently approved Vijayawada Airport as International Airport. As per the provisions of Andhra Pradesh Reorganization Act 2014, this decision is mandatory. The officials will also ensure the cargo handling facilities at the airport. To boot the farmers, agricultural exports will also take place at the airport.
Important One Liners of the Current Affairs 5 May 2017
- Vijayawada Airport now becomes the International Airport
- ‘Swachh Survekshan 2017’ clarifies that Indore in Madhya Pradesh is India’s cleanest city.
- Antonio Guterres is the chief of United Nations
- Shri Piyush Goyal is the Minister of State with Independent Charge for Power, Coal, New & Renewable Energy and Mines.
- Chhattisgarh auctions India’s most expensive limestone block
- AIIB has approved $160 mn for Andhra Pradesh power project
- Nitin Gadkari has inaugurated the 2 exhibitions namely ‘The Highway Saga: Past Present and Future’ and ‘Srishti’.
- Braj Bihari Kumar is the new chairman of ICSSR.
Current Affairs 5 May 2017 – National and International
- 4th National Standards Conclave in New Delhi.
- Sports will be included in the national youth awards.
- Bharti Enterprises has appointed Soumen Ghosh as the MD, financial services
- The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs has approved the Central Sector Scheme SAMPADA.
- Union Cabinet approves modifications in 7th CPC recommendations.
- Living entity’ status to the Narmada river
- Andhra Pradesh state’s Banganapalle mango gets Geographical Indication tag
- New test can detect cancer using one drop of blood.
- M. Venkaiah Naidu releases set of books titled ‘Swachh Jungle ki Kahani – Dadi ki Zubani’
- Rajive Kaul has received the diplomatic service award from South Korea.
- The 44th Annual Daytime Emmy Awards 2017 announced.
- Akshay Kumar has received his first National Award for Rustom from Pranab Mukherjee.