Daily Current Affairs April 1
Have complete information about National News by reading below Current Affairs April 1
Indian Railways to develop 200 apps to make travelling smoother and transparent.
- To ensure smoother travelling in trains, Indian Railways will develop more than 200 applications for travellers.
- Transparency and Accountability are the main functions the railways is aiming for.
- 200 apps will be for for travelers, stakeholders and also for internal use of Railway Employees.
- People can also check progress of foot-over bridges, escalators, underpasses and Wi-Fi service at stations through these apps.
- Railways will be launching three key apps in coming days.
- Passengers can file complaints about travel and facilities at stations on “Rail MADAD” app.
- The “Menu on Rails” app will display IRCTC menu with rates for food items available at stations and in different types of trains such as mail/express trains or elite Shatabdi/Rajdhani trains.
- Other apps offer railway tourist information and information about national rail museum.
- For employees, the apps are being developed for getting information about salary, leave details etc.
Sachin Tendulkar gives entire salary to Prime Minister Relief Fund.
- Indian Cricketer Sachin Tendulkar has donated his entire salary and allowances to the Prime Minister’s Relief Fund.
- Sachin’s term as Rajya Sabha MP ended recently.
- In the six years he has been an Member of Parliament, Tendulkar has drawn nearly Rs 90 lakh in salary and allowances.
- He received a letter of acknowledgement saying, “Prime Minister acknowledges this thoughtful gesture and conveys his gratitude. These contributions will be of immense help in providing assistance to the persons in distress.”
- Tendulkar’s office has claimed to have sanctioned 185 projects across the country with Rs 7.4 crore out of his allocated Rs 30 crore being used for educational and related structural development.
- The cricketer also adopted two villages under the Sansad Gram Adarsh Gram Yojana Scheme, including Puttam Raju Kandriga in Andhra Pradesh and Donja in Maharashtra.
2.8 crore applications received for 90,000 Railway Jobs.
- Over 2.8 crore people will take the online examination for nearly 90,000 Railway jobs.
- This is the world’s largest recruitment exercise.
- 20,000 more positions are likely to be offered by the railways next month, taking the total number of jobs to 1.1 lakh.
- Indian Railways is the country’s biggest public sector employer with around 13 lakh employees so far.
- It has 26,502 posts of assistant loco pilots (train divers), technicians, carpenters and crane drivers among others in Level 2 of the 7th Pay Commission.
- Railways also has 62,907 vacancies for gangmen, switchmen, trackmen, cabinmen, welders, helpers and porters in Level 1 of the 7th pay panel.
- The additional hiring, as per rough estimates, will cost around Rs 4,000 crore a year.
- Staff expenses for the Railways have grown from Rs 69,713 crore in 2016-17 to Rs 72,706 crore in 2017-18. Staff expenditure is at Rs 76,452 crore in 2018-19.
Defence minister Nirmala Sitharaman to visit Russia to boost ties.
- Nirmala Sitharaman will visit Russia from April 3 to 5th to take part in the VII Moscow Conference on International Security.
- Sitharaman will hold talks with her Russian counterpart Army General Sergei Shoigu and other senior government leaders.
- The visit is in keeping with the tradition of high-level exchanges between India and Russia and will provide an opportunity to reinforce the traditional warm and friendly relations.
Latest International Current Affairs April 1 Updates from around the globe.
World’s longest sea bridge connects Macau with Hong Kong.
- China will inaugurate the longest sea bridge in the world this year.
- The bridge connects Hong Kong and Macau with mainland China.
- It is 55 km long and six lanes wide. The bridge was built to reduce the journey time to just about an hour long.
- The 55 km long bridge has four tunnels and four artificial islands. It is built by experts from 14 different countries.
- Authorities are expecting close to 40,000 vehicles to cross the bridge on a daily basis, which will include shuttle buses running 10 minutes apart.
- This bridge is one of two major infrastructure projects set to open in the region this year — the other is a high-speed rail link to China.
US and South Korea kick off military exercise.
- South Korea started their annual joint military exercises with the United States after a month’s delay.
- The Winter Olympics and to help create conditions for a resumption of talks between North and South Korea were the reasons for the delay.
- The Foal Eagle field exercise, which usually involves combined ground, air, naval and special operations troops, will continue for a month.
- The computer-simulated Key Resolve will be held for two weeks starting in mid-April.
- The two joint drills will involve about 23,700 U.S. troops and 300,000 South Korean forces.
- Kim Jong Un and South Korean President Moon Jae-in are widely expected to discuss de nuclearization of the Korean peninsula and improvement of inter-Korean relations at the summit.
Check out the latest trending business Current Affairs April 1 updates by reading the news.
NHAI awarded projects worth Rs 1.22 lakh crore.
- The National Highways Authority of India (NHAI) announced it has awarded projects worth Rs 1,22,000 crore for constructing about 7,400 km of highways in 2017-18.
- In Financial Year 2017-18, NHAI has awarded 150 road projects worth Rs 1,22,000 crore.
- In last 5 years, the average length of road projects awarded by NHAI was 2,860 Km with 4,335 Km awarded in the last financial year,” it said in a statement.
- The projects awarded include 1,234 km in Rajasthan, 739 km in Maharashtra, 747 km in Odisha, 725 km in Uttar Pradesh, 511 km in Tamil Nadu, 504 km in Andhra Pradesh, 468 km in Karnataka, 449 Km in Gujarat.
- 389 km in Madhya Pradesh, 331 km in Haryana, 232 km in Bihar, 201 km in Jharkhand, 189 km in Telangana, 126 km in West Bengal, 120 km in Punjab, 100 km in J&K and balance in other states.
Vedanta Group acquires Electrosteel Steels Ltd.
- Anil Agarwal led Vedanta group has won the bid to acquire Electrosteel Steels Ltd through an insolvency process under the bankruptcy code.
- Market sources said the offer is likely to be around Rs 5,000 crore for the bankrupt steel firm which is in debt for close to Rs 11,300 crore.
- The closure of the transaction will be subject to compliance with applicable regulatory requirements and as per the final terms approved by the National Company Law Tribunal.
- The resolution professional had received bids from Vedanta, Edelweiss Alternative Asset Advisors, Tata Steel and Renaissance Steel in January this year.
- On July 21 last year, the NCLT had admitted State Bank of India’s (SBI) insolvency petition against Kolkata-based Electrosteel Steels.
Current Affairs April 1 is bringing you with Records, titles and other updates from the world of sports.
ISL champions Chennaiyin FC knocked out of Super Cup Football tournament.
- Former I-League champions Aizawl FC knocked out reigning ISL champions Chennaiyin FC 5-3.
- Aizwal FC defeated Chennai via tie-breaker of the pre-quarter final encounter of the Super Cup Football tournament.
- The teams had tied 2-2 at the end of 120 minutes.
- Romanian Andrei Ionescu scored twice for Aizwal while Chennaiyin strikers Brazilian Mailson Alves scored in the 89th minute of the regulation time and then Dhanachandra Singh in the 114th minute.
- During the tie-breaker, former India player Mohammed Rafi missed the second penalty for Chennaiyin FC while Aizawl were on target with all their five shots.
Zaheer Khan to be an analyst for the Cricbuzz for IPL 2018.
- India’s No. 1 digital platform for cricket, Cricbuzz, announced the launch of Cricbuzz Live.
- It is an analysis show for the upcoming Indian Premier League 2018 season.
- Analysis by top cricket experts and anchors will be available for the website’s users.
- They also get to enjoy over 150 live shows of pre-match, mid-innings and post-match analysis.
- Leading Cricbuzz’s line-up of cricket experts is former India fast bowler Zaheer Khan.
- Harsha Bhogle will continue to be a part of Cricbuzz’s expert panel. Bhogle has been the face of the website’s video offerings for the last 18 months.
- Former New Zealand pace man and commentator Simon Doull, former England captain Michael Vaughan and former KKR team director Joy Bhattacharya make the others.
Links Related to Current Affairs April 1:
|Current Affairs | 01-April-2018||Current Affairs | 31-March-2018|
|March 2018 Current Affairs||Current Affairs PDF Feb 2018|
|Current Affairs 2017 & 2016||Current Affairs Quiz 2017 & 2016|
Candidates hoping to get Government Jobs can get more details about the Current updates from above links. You can read some latest Current Affairs, and attempt Current Affairs Quiz which helps you to crack various Competitive Exams. Make use of our Current Affairs April 1 and current affairs India 2018 for better scoring in exams. Users will be benefited with the free month wise Current Affairs PDF and Updates available for download. The Free Quizzes & GK Questions available in this Affairs Section will benefit all the career hopefuls to get their desired Sarkari Naukri. This current affairs daily page is well created by the dedicated team members of recruitment.guru. Make use of Current Affairs April 1.