Daily Current Affairs April 10
Have complete information about National News by reading below Current Affairs April 10
India extends support to Bangladesh for resolving Rohingya crisis.
- India on Monday extended full support to Bangladesh’s efforts for resolving the Rohingya refugee crisis.
- Indian Foreign Secretary Vijay Gokhale said this following a meeting with his Bangladesh counterpart M Shahidul Haque on the second day of his three-day Dhaka tour.
- Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina had recently asked India to put pressure on Myanmar for repatriation of over a million of Rohingyas.
- Some 700,000 members of the Muslim minority have fled Myanmar since August to escape a bloody military crackdown.
Goa govt to launch app-based taxi service by May-end.
- The Goa Tourism Development Corporation (GTDC) is almost ready with its app-based taxi service, which it is likely to roll out by May-end.
- The GTDC had announced the app two months ago following the tourist taxi operators’ strike.
- Confirming the launch of the taxi service that will have operational features almost similar to that of Uber and other such professional taxi services.
PM to address 20,000 Swachhagrahis, launch high-speed locomotive.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will arrive in Bihar today, where he is scheduled to take part in the concluding ceremony of the Champaran Satyagraha centenary celebrations.
- He will flag off a number of railway projects, including India’s first 12,000 horsepower high-speed electric locomotive under the Make-in-India project.
- Modi will address around 20,000 Swachhagrahis 10,000 from Bihar and the rest from other states.
PM to inaugurate 16th International Energy Forum on Wednesday.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will inaugurate on Wednesday the 16th International Energy Forum.
- It is the largest gathering of ministers from energy consuming, producing and transit countries.
- The 16th International Energy Forum Ministerial (IEF16) is being hosted by India and would focus on global energy security and transition.
Andhra Pradesh becomes the second state to get happiness department.
- The Andhra Pradesh government will soon constitute a Happiness Commission that will take up a series of programmes to promote “happiness” in the state.
- The commission, which will work under the department of planning, will be headed by chief minister N Chandrababu Naidu.
- Andhra Pradesh became the second state in the country to introduce an exclusive ministry for happiness in April 2017. Madhya Pradesh is the first.
Latest International Current Affairs April 10 Updates from around the globe.
France to help Saudi Arabia set up orchestra, opera.
- France is to help Saudi Arabia set up a national orchestra and opera, a minister announced Monday.
- Today an agreement was signed with the Paris Opera to help Saudi Arabia set up a national orchestra and an opera.
- He has announced the lifting of a ban on women driving and has authorised cinemas for the first time in over three decades.
Saudi crown prince kicks off the official visit to Paris.
- Saudi Arabia’s crown prince kicked off his official visit to France Monday, part of an image-building global tour.
- Prince Mohammed bin Salman, widely known as MBS, dined with President Emmanuel Macron at Paris’s historic Louvre museum.
- The 32-year-old prince, who spearheads the kingdom’s armed forces, is also set to meet French Defence Minister Florence Parly.
Trump’s new national security adviser Bolton takes charge.
- US President Donald Trump’s third national security adviser John Bolton started work on Monday.
- A day after the White House announced the abrupt departure of Michael Anton as the top spokesperson of the national security council.
- Trump had not remarked on his departure at the time of going to print.
China bans exports of weapons-related goods to North Korea.
- China has tightened trade controls on North Korea by banning exports of electronics and other goods that can be used in making weapons.
- The ban announced late Sunday as part of UN Security Council sanctions imposed to press the government of North Korea.
- The latest ban covers “dual use” industrial components, metal alloys and other materials that can be used in both civilian products and weapons.
Check out the latest trending business Current Affairs April 10 updates by reading the news.
Airtel starts testing 4G VoLTE services in Delhi, Rajasthan.
- Airtel is currently letting users test the beta version of its VoLTE services in Delhi and Rajasthan. The commercial launch is expected to take place in a few weeks.
- The company has also started sending SMS to select customers in Delhi asking them to activate the trial service.
- Your 4G-eligible smartphone should also be updated to the latest OS version available.
Reliance Infra wins Rs 1,081-cr Kudankulam nuclear power project contract.
- Reliance Infrastructure Ltd (RInfra) said it has won a Rs 1,081 crore contract from Nuclear Power Corporation of India Ltd.
- The company said its engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) division has won the contract amidst competition from leading players like BHEL, Larsen & Toubro, Tata Projects and BGR.
- The contract entails design, engineering, supply, erection, testing and commissioning of SSC package and allied civil works on EPC basis.
Xiaomi pushes for smartphone component suppliers to invest in India.
- China’s Xiaomi said it wants its global smartphone component makers to set up base in India.
- It is likely to bring as much as $2.5 billion of investment to the Southeast Asian nation while also creating up to 50,000 jobs.
- Xiaomi’s push could boost Prime Minister’s Narendra Modi’s flagship ‘Make in India’ drive which aims at adding tens of millions of new jobs.
Xiaomi announces 3 new smartphone plants in India.
- Chinese smartphone maker Xiaomi on Monday announced the opening of three more smartphone plants in India.
- The company’s first Surface Mount Technology (SMT) plant in Chennai that will manufacture printed circuit board assembly (PCBA) units in the country.
- Earlier this month, the government imposed a 10% tax on imports of key smartphone components, including PCBs.
Government inks Rs 639 crore deal for 1.86 lakh new bullet-proof jackets.
- Army’s ordinary infantry soldiers are now finally going to get some desperately-needed modern bullet-proof jackets under a Rs 639 crore contract inked on Monday.
- The Army said the major contract for procurement of 1,86,138 bullet-proof jackets(BPJs) has been signed with domestic private company SMPP Pvt. Ltd.
Current Affairs April 10 is bringing you with Records, titles and other updates from the world of sports.
Kidambi Srikanth set to become World No. 1.
- Come Thursday, Kidambi Srikanth will become the No. 1 player in the world.
- The 25-year-old will be the new No. 1 when the Badminton World Federation (BWF) releases its weekly rankings.
- Srikanth, who played a crucial role in helping India win gold at the Commonwealth Games on Monday, will move to the top of rankings with 76,895 points.
Axar Patel to play for Durham in County Championship.
- Left-arm spinner Axar Patel is the latest Indian cricketer to join the English county cricket bandwagon.
- Axar thus becomes the fourth India player after skipper Virat Kohli (Surrey), Cheteshwar Pujara (Yorkshire) and Ishant Sharma (Sussex) to decide to play county cricket.
- India’s limited overs specialist will play at a time when the national team will engage in a Test series, starting August 1.
Bayern Munich wins sixth straight Bundesliga title.
- Bayern Munich was crowned Bundesliga champions for the sixth consecutive season.
- The result means Bayern are German league champions for the 28th time in their history.
- It was the sixth year in a row they won the Bundesliga after their treble-winning season in 2013.
India wins gold in mixed team badminton at 2018 Commonwealth Games.
- India set right that anomaly as the team defeated Malaysia 3-1 in the final to win the gold medal.
- Nehwal sealed the victory with an exciting victory against Sonia Chea of Malaysia in women’s singles after Malaysia had threatened a comeback.
German physics Nobel laureate Peter Gruenberg passes away at 78.
- German physicist Peter Gruenberg, a joint Nobel Prize winner whose work revolutionised digital data storage, has died.
- Gruenberg received the 2007 Nobel prize for physics, together with French scientist Albert Fer.
- He discovered so-called giant magnetoresistance (GMR) which led to a breakthrough in the development of gigabyte hard disks.
Links Related to Current Affairs April 10:
|Current Affairs | 09-April-2018||Current Affairs | 08-April-2018|
|April 2018 Current Affairs||Current Affairs PDF March 2018|
|Current Affairs 2017 & 2016||Current Affairs Quiz 2017 & 2016|
Candidates hoping to get Government Jobs can get more details about the Current updates from above links. You can read some latest Current Affairs, and attempt Current Affairs Quiz which helps you to crack various Competitive Exams. Make use of our Current Affairs April 10 and current affairs India 2018 for better scoring in exams. Users will be benefited with the free month wise Current Affairs PDF and Updates available for download. The Free Quizzes & GK Questions available in this Affairs Section will benefit all the career hopefuls to get their desired Sarkari Naukri. This current affairs daily page is well created by the dedicated team members of recruitment.guru. Make use of Current Affairs April 10.