Daily Current Affairs April 12
Have complete information about National News by reading below Current Affairs April 12
Punjab CM to launch debt waiver for economically weaker SC, BC borrowers.
- Punjab chief minister Amarinder Singh would now launch a debt waiver scheme for economically weaker members of the scheduled castes.
- Kumar Sharma said during the function, the CM would launch the scheme to waive off loans up to Rs 50,000 each.
- The cut-off date would be March 31, 2017, for calculation of interest/penal interest. He said both corporations grant loans to poor among the SCs and BCs.
NSA Avijit Doval to travel to Russia to boost ties with Moscow.
- India’s national security adviser Ajit Doval will travel to Russia later this week in a bid to reassure Moscow.
- The ties between the two countries are important to India and that they remain key defence, security and nuclear partners.
- Doval will meet his Russian counterpart Nikolai Patrushev on the trip, which was initially meant to be held before the NSA went to the US in March.
- India and Russia are working on ways to step up defence ties, too, particularly through the joint production of spare parts.
Isro successfully launches navigation satellite IRNSS-1I to replace faulty IRNSS-1A.
- India successfully launches the PSLV-C41 rocket carrying India’s eighth navigation satellite IRNSS-1I from Sriharikota at 4.04am on Thursday.
- The textbook launch of PSLV-C41 took place in four stages and the total time taken for the rocket to put the satellite into the intended orbit was 19 minutes.
- Navigation satellite IRNSS-1I has been launched to replace India’s first navigation satellite IRNSS-1A.
VHP to have the first election in 52 years for president post.
- A major showdown is looming in the Vishwa Hindu Parishad (VHP) with an election being held for the first time in 52 years.
- It is for the post of president in what is being seen as a move to end its longstanding leader Pravin Togadia’s effective control of the Sangh affiliate.
- The election will be held in Gurgaon on April 14 and will end what is seen as the unfinished agenda of December 29 last year.
India completes NavIC constellation with 7th satellite.
- India early on Thursday put into space a new satellite under its regional navigation satellite system.
- The Indian Space Research Organisation (Isro) thus completed the constellation, which needed seven functional satellites to provide foolproof satellite-based navigation signals.
- Like its predecessors, IRNSS-1I carried two types of payloads: Navigation and Ranging.
Latest International Current Affairs April 12 Updates from around the globe.
Malaysia declares May 9 election day a holiday after an outcry.
- Malaysian Prime Minister Najib Razak has declared May 9 a public holiday to enable voters to cast their ballots.
- The surprise move is seen as a bid to ease public anger a day after the Election Commission announced that voting will be held on a workday.
- Najib’s office said Wednesday that May 9 will be a public holiday so that some 15 million voters can exercise their right.
First subway in Xinjiang to require riders to show ID.
- The first subway line in the northwestern Chinese city of Urumqi will require riders to show identification.
- The rule allows for fines of up to 200 yuan ($32) for those without valid tickets or who use others’ IDs to buy them.
After China’s massive drill, US patrols disputed the South China Sea.
- In a span of 20 minutes, 20 F-18 fighter jets took off and landed on the USS Theodore Roosevelt aircraft carrier.
- The nuclear-powered warship, leading a carrier strike group, was conducting what the US military called routine training in the disputed South China Sea.
- Navies in the western Pacific, including China and nine Southeast Asian countries, have been working on a code of unexpected encounters.
Check out the latest trending business Current Affairs April 12 updates by reading the news.
Saudi Aramco to buy 50% in $44 billion Maharashtra refinery.
- Saudi Aramco will buy a 50% stake in a $44-billion refinery planned by a consortium of Indian state-run oil companies.
- The two sides signed a MoU to this effect here on Wednesday on the sidelines of the 16th International Energy Forum.
- The deal is being backed by both the governments as they look to go beyond their traditional oil buyer-seller relationship.
British Airways, Lufthansa, SIA among four foreign carriers interested in Air India.
- Four major international airlines including British Airways, Lufthansa and Singapore Airlines are among those that have shown interest in Air India’s disinvestment.
- A foreign airline can have a joint venture in India provided it has a local partner with at least 51% stake and effective control.
- The government has offered to sell 76% in the loss-making national carrier and will transfer a substantial chunk of its debt into a separate company.
Orkut founder launches ‘hello’ social network app in India.
- Orkut Buyukkokten a former Google employee who founded social networking website Orkut.com launched a new social network “hello” in India.
- The app, currently available in Brazil with nearly one million downloads, was in the beta test mode in India for the past several months.
- Orkut was owned and operated by Google and was named after its creator, Orkut Buyukkokten.
Tata Sons to bring defence, aerospace under one roof.
- Tata Sons said it is in the process of consolidating its various businesses across aerospace and defence sectors together under a single entity.
- The necessary statutory and regulatory approvals are in the process of being obtained, it said in a statement.
- Several companies proposed to be forming part of Tata A&D already have strong, established partnerships with leading aerospace and defence firm.
Rajesh Ranjan takes charge as CISF chief.
- Rajesh Ranjan, a 1984 batch Bihar cadre IPS officer, on Wednesday took charge as director general of Central Industrial Security Force.
- With 34 years of experience, Ranjan has held key posts including in CBI, as assistant director of the Financial and High Tech Crime Sub Directorate.
India, Zambia sign 4 agreements during President Kovind’s visit.
- India and Zambia on Wednesday signed four agreements including on double taxation avoidance and judicial cooperation.
- The two Presidents exchanged views on bilateral and global issues committing to India’s long-standing developmental partnership with Zambia.
- This is the first visit to the country by an Indian president since 1989.
Current Affairs April 12 is bringing you with Records, titles and other updates from the world of sports.
Shooter Shreyasi Singh a smash hit after CWG gold.
- Shreyasi Singh gave a gun salute to double trap shooting by winning the gold medal at the Commonwealth Games.
- In the shoot-off to decide the winner, the Indian edged the Aussie 2-1. Linda Pearson of Scotland was a distant third with 87 points.
- Meanwhile, in men’s 50m pistol, Om Mitharval took the bronze even as Jitu Rai finished eighth and last in the final.
Cristiano Ronaldo sends Real Madrid into Champions League semi-final.
- Cristiano Ronaldo scored a 98th-minute penalty as Real Madrid sensationally booked their spot in the semi-finals of the Champions League.
- Real Madrid entered the match holding a 3-0 advantage from the first leg in Turin.
- But Juventus hit back with three goals of their own to leave the tie level at 3-3.
- Los Blancos have joined Bayern Munich, Liverpool and Roma in the final four as they bid to win the European Cup for the third year in a row.
Links Related to Current Affairs April 12:
|Current Affairs | 11-April-2018||Current Affairs | 10-April-2018|
|April 2018 Current Affairs||Current Affairs PDF March 2018|
|Current Affairs 2017 & 2016||Current Affairs Quiz 2017 & 2016|
Candidates hoping to get Government Jobs can get more details about the Current updates from above links. You can read some latest Current Affairs, and attempt Current Affairs Quiz which helps you to crack various Competitive Exams. Make use of our Current Affairs April 12 and current affairs India 2018 for better scoring in exams. Users will be benefited with the free month wise Current Affairs PDF and Updates available for download. The Free Quizzes & GK Questions available in this Affairs Section will benefit all the career hopefuls to get their desired Sarkari Naukri. This current affairs daily page is well created by the dedicated team members of recruitment.guru. Make use of Current Affairs April 12.