Daily Current Affairs April 15
Have complete information about National News by reading below Current Affairs April 15
“Pradhan Mantri Mahila Shakti Kendra” scheme launched to empower rural women.
- Maneka Gandhi, Union minister for women and child development announced that the Union government had launched a new scheme to help women.
- The “Pradhan Mantri Mahila Shakti Kendra” scheme was launched to empower rural women through community participation.
- The scheme works at the national, state and district levels to help women achieve their full potential.
- Gandhi made the announcement at the Federation of Gujarat Industries’ Excellence Award ceremony.
- State Resource Centres for Women would be provided in all states and Union Territories and District Level Centres for Women (DLCW) would be set up in 640 districts.
- 220 districts will get the centers in 2017-18 and 220 more districts will get them in 2018-19 and the remaining 200 districts in 2019-20.
PM Modi inaugurated the first healthcare and wellness center under the Ayushman Bharat Yojna, in Bijapur, Chhattisgarh.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the first healthcare and wellness center under Ayushman Bharat Yojna, in Chhattisgarh’s Bijapur.
- Ayushman Bharat or the National Health Protection Scheme is working on 2 missions.
- The first, creating a network of health and wellness centers for primary healthcare close to the community, and second, providing insurance cover to 40 per cent of India’s population for secondary and tertiary care.
- The scheme will cover 10 crore poor and vulnerable families and provide a cover of Rs 5 lakh per family per year for secondary and tertiary care hospitalisation.
- The healthcare scheme was approved by the Union Cabinet on March 21 this year with Rs 10,500 crore budget.
- The prime minister inaugurated a new rail line and a passenger train between Gudum and Bhanupratapur.
- He also laid foundation stones for road and bridge projects worth over Rs 1,700 crore.
- The first phase of the Bastar Internet scheme was also inaugurated under which a 40,000-km-long network of fiber optics cable will be spread across the seven districts.
Indian Army Ocean Sailing Team completes sailing expedition successfully.
- An all arms Indian Army Ocean Sailing Team successfully completed a 1,800 nautical miles sailing expedition from Mumbai to Minicoy Island in Lakshadweep for over 40 days.
- Lieutenant General Michael Mathews, Commandant of the College of Military Engineering (CME) flagged off the expedition in Mumbai.
- The expedition had 18 officers, 3 junior commissioned officers and 14 other ranks and was led by Lieutenant Colonel Karunakaran Adencherry.
- It had set sail from Mumbai on March 6.The team undertook the expedition in four Seabird Class boats.
- The boats are of 18th century Scottish design and have no on board facilities as available in modern yachts like cabin, toilets or any protection from the sun and the rain.
- Army Aqua Nodal Centre (AANC) at Marve in Mumbai trained the Sailing team.
- The expedition was conducted under the aegis of the Army Adventure Wing (AAW), Headquarters Southern Command and ANNC with CME.
Latest International Current Affairs April 15 Updates from around the globe.
India, France discuss inter-planetary missions to Mars and Venus.
- Indian and French space agencies to work on inter-planetary missions to Mars and Venus.
- Both the agencies had agreed on a joint statement for an enhanced space cooperation.
- Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) and French National Space Agency (CNES) had agreed to work together on autonomous navigation of rovers on Moon, Mars and other planets, and aero braking technologies for planetary exploration.
ISRO has completed two successful inter-planetary missions, ‘Chandrayaan-I’ to Moon and ‘Mangalyaan’ to Mars.
- Chandrayaan-II will be sent this month for another mission for exploring the Moon, through which a rover would be landed.
Tallest Tower in Ireland opens to public after 47 years.
- Ireland’s tallest tower has been reopened to the public here after 47 years following a bomb attack.
- The perpetrator of the attack has not been officially identified until now.
- Hundreds of tourists, both local and foreign visited the O’Connell Tower.
- The tower was built in 1855 in the memory of Daniel O’Connell in north Dublin.
- O’Connell, known for his fight for equal political and civil rights of Catholics is one of the greatest political figures in the first half of the 19th century in Ireland.
- 55 meters in height, the round-shaped tower built with stones is the tallest of its kind in Ireland, which provides a 360 degree view of Dublin and its neighboring counties of Wicklow and Meath.
Over 170 countries agree to reduce shipping emissions by 2050.
- India was among 170 countries that signed an agreement in London to reduce carbon dioxide emissions by at least 50 per cent from shipping by 2050.
- International Maritime Organisation (IMO) said after intense negotiations, will force the industry to redesign its fleet and switch from using fossil fuels to running vessels on renewable energy.
- The rise of international trade is the main reason for the increase in shipping emissions.
- Ships transport more than 80 per cent of global trade. Barring two countries, most nations, even the ones with huge shipping industries, have supported the agreement.
- Zero emission from shipping by 2035 was the most ambitious proposal on the table at the IMO, made by the climate-vulnerable Marshall Islands and allies.
- According to a UN report, compared to China, India and Brazil were minor players in the shipping industry with 1.21 per cent and 0.88 per cent, respectively, of the overall world share.
Business News – Current Affairs April 15
Check out the latest trending business Current Affairs April 15 updates by reading the news.
RMZ buys back $1 billion shares from Qatar Investment Authority (QIA) and Baring Private Equity Partners.
- India’s largest business park developer RMZ, has bought back nearly $1-billion shares held by Qatar Investment Authority (QIA) and Baring Private Equity Partners.
- Thus, thwarting Bengaluru rival Embassy Group.
- RMZ promoters, brothers Raj and Manoj Menda purchased 45% shares held by the two investors in possibly the largest buyback by a private company.
- RMZ Infotech (RIPL), operates about 24 million sqft of fully leased office buildings with a projected net operating income of Rs 2,000 crore annually.
- The Mendas said the promoters would retain full ownership of RIPL through family trusts from now on.
- The transaction valued the company at over $2 billion, though the asset valuation (at around 7% capitalization rate) is pegged higher at $4 billion.
- The share buyback was part financed by existing lenders Deutsche Bank and Kotak.
Ola services launched in Melbourne, Australia.
- Indian taxi operator Ola has launched its services in Melbourne, Australia.
- It has started operations in Melbourne after Perth and Sydney.
- The company said in a release in Bengaluru that Ola is now one of the world’s largest ride sharing platforms.
- The company said it received over 15,000 registrations from driver-partners across Australia.
- Ola offers driver-partners a market low 7.5 per cent introductory commission rate and daily payments, helping them earn more money and access it easily, the release said.
- Ola will roll out it’s services in more Australian cities including Brisbane and the Gold Coast, Canberra, Adelaide, Darwin and Hobart.
Sports Updates – Current Affairs April 15
Current Affairs April 15 is bringing you with Records, titles and other updates from the world of sports.
Indian men’s hockey team loses to England finishes fourth.
- Indian men’s hockey team lost to England in the Bronze play offs.
- India finished a disappointing fourth at the Commonwealth Games as it lost the bronze medal match 1-2.
- Sam Ward (7th minute, 43rd minute) struck twice for the winners while Varun Kumar (27th) was the lone goal scorer for India.
- India had won silver medals in the previous two editions, ending runners-up to Australia on both occasions.
- Though Sam Ward’s attempt was blocked by India’s first rusher Amit Rohidas, in his second attempt Ward kept it low and found the right corner of the goal taking a 1-0 lead in the 7th minute.
- After several attempts, India’s first breakthrough came in the 26th minute when Mandeep Singh and Lalit Upadhyay worked in tandem.
Chris Gayle slams 22-ball 50 for his debut for Punjab in the on going IPL 2018.
- 38 year old West Indies Batsman announced his arrival with a 22-ball 50 for his new team, Kings XI Punjab.
- Gayle slammed 63 runs against Chennai Super Kings in Mohali on Sunday.
- The Jamaican, who played seven seasons for RCB, made his debut for the Punjab franchise after he was brought in for Marcus Stoinis.
- He scored 63 in just 33 balls and powered KXIP to 75/0 in the power play.
- Gayle had slammed 7 fours and four sixes before he got out in the 11th over of the innings.
Red Bull driver Daniel Ricciardo wins 6th career win with Chinese Grand Prix.
- Daniel Ricciardo of Red Bull Racing won his 6th Grand Prix title after the Chinese Grand Prix win.
- The Australian started from the third row, but took advantage when the safety car came out on the 31st lap to allow him to get fresh, soft tires when the other leaders were unable to change.
- Ricciardo took the lead on the 45th lap of the 56-lap race, overtaking Valtteri Bottas with a dive on the inside past the Mercedes driver.
- Bottas finished second and while Ferrari’s Kimi Raikkonen finished third.
- Red Bull’s victory leaves the Formula One season in a scramble after just three races with no clear favourites.
- Defending champion Lewis Hamilton finished fourth in the race.
- Sebastian Vettel of Ferrari won the first two races in Australia and Bahrain, but failed to capitalize on his pole position in China.
- He led for the first 20 laps but fell back, first due to a pit stop and then after a collision with Red Bull’s Max Verstappen on the 43rd lap and finished eighth.
Links Related to Current Affairs April 15:
|Current Affairs | 14-April-2018||Current Affairs | 13-April-2018|
|April 2018 Current Affairs||Current Affairs PDF March 2018|
|Current Affairs 2017 & 2016||Current Affairs Quiz 2017 & 2016|
Candidates hoping to get Government Jobs can get more details about the Current updates from above links. You can read some latest Current Affairs, and attempt Current Affairs Quiz which helps you to crack various Competitive Exams. Make use of our Current Affairs April 15 and current affairs India 2018 for better scoring in exams. Users will be benefited with the free month wise Current Affairs PDF and Updates available for download. The Free Quizzes & GK Questions available in this Affairs Section will benefit all the career hopefuls to get their desired Sarkari Naukri. This current affairs daily page is well created by the dedicated team members of recruitment.guru. Make use of Current Affairs April 15.