Daily Current Affairs April 16
Have complete information about National News by reading below Current Affairs April 16
IIIT to start classes in Tripura this year.
- The Indian Institute of Information Technology (IIIT) will start its classes here from this academic session in Tripura Agartala campus as of now.
- Education minister Ratan Lal Nath said the IIIT will function from the NIT’s Agartala campus as of now.
- A proposal of Rs 128 crore will be spent for the IIIT, where the Centre will provide Rs 73.6 crore and the state government will invest Rs 50.67 crore.
The trial run of Bangladesh-Nepal bus on April 23.
- Bangladesh, India and Nepal, the three governments will carry out a trial bus run on April 23.
- Two buses carrying 35 passengers will travel from Dhaka to Siliguri and onwards to Kathmandu.
- The three countries made a schedule to exchange letters for implementation of Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Nepal (BBIN) Motor Vehicles Agreement.
- The success of the trial run will pave the way for taking a decision for the formal launch of the bus service.
PM Modi to boost India’s Nordic ties with 5-nation talks.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi travels to Stockholm for a bilateral meeting and the first Indo-Nordic conference with Iceland, Finland, Denmark, Norway and Sweden.
- India and Sweden will sign a general security agreement, which is a precondition for Sweden to share sensitive technology with India.
- PM Modi on his visit will sign the agreement and finalize the deal.
- The pact is derived from a broader agreement by India and Sweden in 2016 during the visit of the Swedish PM Stefan Lofven to India.
Arun Jaitley takes an oath for new Rajya Sabha term.
- Union Finance Minister Arun Jaitley, who was re-elected to the Rajya Sabha last month took an oath for his new term.
- Jaitley took oath in Rajya Sabha Chairman Venkaiah Naidu’s chamber in Parliament.
- Beside Jaitley, BJP’s Ananth Kumar, Leader of Opposition in the Upper House Ghulam Nabi Azad and several other senior leaders were present.
In a first, Tejas takes part in ‘Gagan Shakti’.
- Indian Air Force’s (IAF) war exercise ‘Gagan Shakti’ involving its entire fleet strength all across its bases in the country is progressing well.
- Light combat aircraft Tejas, which had so far been only a technology demonstrator and was recently inducted into IAF.
- In this war game indigenous fighter jet Tejas is taking part for the first time. Although, the complete squadron of Tejas is showing its talent.
Railways to build the 500km wall along Delhi-Mumbai route.
- The train journey between Delhi and Mumbai may soon get smoother with the Central government approving the construction of a 500km boundary wall.
- This is the first step towards converting the Delhi-Mumbai corridor into a high-speed zone and track changes allowing express trains to attain the maximum speed of 160km per hour.
- The plan will cost Rs 500 crore and the Railways is working on a plan to implement a similar model on Delhi-Kolkata route, said the official quoted above.
Latest International Current Affairs April 16 Updates from around the globe.
China’s foreign minister visits Japan for talks on North Korea, regional issues.
- Chinese foreign minister Wang Yi was due in Tokyo Sunday for a visit seen as a sign of a gradual thaw between the Asian rivals.
- Wang will meet his Japanese counterpart Taro Kono with their talks expected to touch on key subjects such as economic relations, territorial disputes.
- Kono met Wang in China in January when he became the first Japanese foreign minister to visit the country in nearly two years.
India rejects China’s latest offer to join BRI.
- India has rejected China’s latest overture to join the Belt and Road Initiative (BRI).
- It says that it won’t take sides in the ongoing trade dispute between Beijing and Washington.
- The remarks are made by NITI Aayog vice-chairperson Rajiv Kumar, who is in Beijing for the 5th Strategic Economic Dialogue with He Lifeng.
- On the ongoing trade spat between China and the US, Kumar said India would not take any sides though it supports the multilateral trade order.
Ireland’s tallest tower reopens to public after 47 years.
- Ireland’s tallest tower has reopened to the public here after 47 years following a bomb attack.
- Hundreds of tourists, both local and foreign, are coming in from different corners of the city to visit the O’Connell Tower.
- Located in north Dublin, the tower was built in 1855 in the memory of Daniel O’Connell, one of the greatest political figure.
- In 2016, Glasnevin Trust, the largest funeral services provider in Ireland, started work to restore the destroyed staircase that leads to the top of the tower.
Check out the latest trending business Current Affairs April 16 updates by reading the news.
Gmail redesign could feature self-destructing emails.
- Google announced that it would be rolling out a new Gmail soon.
- The new design is said to also come with a feature that would ensure only the recipient can view an e-mail and that too for a specific period of time.
- The yet-to-be-introduced feature works quite much like expiring emails in “ProtonMail” in which the email becomes unreadable after some time.
- Google will also let Gmail users require a passcode to open emails, which will be done via SMS, or set an expiration date on sent emails.
India among 170 countries to ink deal to reduce shipping emissions by 2050.
- Over 170 countries, including India, signed an agreement in London earlier this week to reduce carbon dioxide emissions by at least 50percentt.
- The deal is struck after intense negotiations at the International Maritime Organisation (IMO).
- The IMO’s commitment to reduce greenhouse gas emissions by 50 to 100 percent in 2050 is major progress.
Current Affairs April 16 is bringing you with Records, titles and other updates from the world of sports.
Manchester City win Premier League title as rivals United lose.
- Manchester City was confirmed as Premier League champions on Sunday as second-placed Manchester United suffered a shock 1-0 home.
- United had to at least draw to keep the title race mathematically alive but lost at Old Trafford.
- Guardiola has won the League Cup already for City this season but a first Premier League title.
Wolves celebrate promotion to Premier League in style.
- Championship leaders Wolverhampton Wanderers marked their promotion to the English Premier League.
- Diogo Jota got the party started at Molineux as his 17th goal of the season put Wolves on course for victory after 21 minutes.
- Wolves were indebted to goalkeeper John Ruddy for preventing Birmingham from taking the lead in the 11th minute.
In a battle between Saina Nehwal and PV Sindhu, Indian badminton the winner.
- Two girls Saina Nehwal and PV Sindhu have emerged as the ones to beat in the international arena.
- Saina Nehwal defeated PV Sindhu to clinch the women’s singles gold at the 2018 Commonwealth Games on Sunday.
- Saina rated the title next to the Olympic bronze she won in London 2012.
- Sindhu has also lost several important finals since the Rio summit clash, like in India Open (2018), Superseries Finals, Hong Kong Open, World Championships (all in 2017) and now in Gold Coast.
Adam Milne replaces Pat Cummins for Mumbai Indians.
- New Zealand pacer Adam Milne has replaced injured Australian fast bowler Pat Cummins in the Mumbai Indians squad.
- Mumbai Indians signs Milne as a replacement for the injured Pat Cummins for the IPL 2018.
- Milne has represented New Zealand in 40 One-Day Internationals (ODIs) and 19 T20 Internationals.
Links Related to Current Affairs April 16:
|Current Affairs | 15-April-2018||Current Affairs | 14-April-2018|
|April 2018 Current Affairs||Current Affairs PDF March 2018|
|Current Affairs 2017 & 2016||Current Affairs Quiz 2017 & 2016|
Candidates hoping to get Government Jobs can get more details about the Current updates from above links. You can read some latest Current Affairs, and attempt Current Affairs Quiz which helps you to crack various Competitive Exams. Make use of our Current Affairs April 16 and current affairs India 2018 for better scoring in exams. Users will be benefited with the free month wise Current Affairs PDF and Updates available for download. The Free Quizzes & GK Questions available in this Affairs Section will benefit all the career hopefuls to get their desired Sarkari Naukri. This current affairs daily page is well created by the dedicated team members of recruitment.guru. Make use of Current Affairs April 16.