Daily Current Affairs April 17
Have complete information about National News by reading below Current Affairs April 17
PM Modi arrives in Sweden for a two-day visit.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has arrived in Sweden for a two-day visit as he kicks off a trip that also will take him to Britain.
- He is in Europe for talks on trade, growth, global security and climate.
- He will meet Tuesday with the prime ministers of Nordic nations for the first India-Nordic Summit.
- Prime Minister Modi is unlikely to have bilateral talks in London with his Pakistani counterpart, Shahid Khaqan Abbasi.
Govt may bring down bad loan limit from Rs 2,000 crore to Rs 100 crore.
- The Narendra Modi government is considering a more rapid tightening of norms than previously planned for bad loan resolution.
- The original plan was to do this gradually over a two year period.
- The government has been under pressure from opposition parties over the seeming rot in the banking system including bad loans.
Gaganshakti 2018: Indian Air Force displays might in biggest combat exercise.
- More than 1,100 aircraft half of the fighter jets have logged over 6,000 flight hours in three days during the Indian Air Force’s largest exercise in the past three decades.
- As IAF’s assets in the largest-of-its-kind exercise, Gaganshakti-2018, move from the western sector to the eastern front “in less than 48 hours.
- Dhanoa said all training activities in the force will remain suspended till the two-phase drill ends on April 22.
Rahul Gandhi’s Chhattisgarh tour from April 24.
- Congress president Rahul Gandhi will launch his election campaign for Chhattisgarh with a public meeting at Sitapur in Surguja district on April 24.
- Gandhi will also attend a conference on Panchayati Raj in Raipur the same day.
- Chhattisgarh, along with Madhya Pradesh and Rajasthan, will go to polls in November-December this year.
- Meanwhile, before leaving for Chhattisgarh, Gandhi will launch a ‘Save Constitution’ campaign at Delhi’s Talkatora Stadium on April 23.
Rs 1,600cr sanctioned for Manipur highway improvement.
- Manipur Chief Minister N. Biren Singh on Monday announced that the Centre has sanctioned Rs 1,600 crore for the improvement of the National Highway (NH) 2 bordering Myanmar.
- The 110 km Imphal-Moreh sector of the NH 2 is the only stretch that connects Manipur’s border town with the rest of the country.
- The highway gained significance after the trade between India and Myanmar was legalised in 1995.
Latest International Current Affairs April 17 Updates from around the globe.
Pakistan opens the first transgender school, The Gender Guardian.
- Pakistan’s first school for the transgender community was launched here with its first classes slated to begin from Monday, a media report said.
- The school, ‘The Gender Guardian’, was inaugurated by the NGO Exploring Future Foundation (EFF), which has attempted its first project, Dawn News reported.
- Asif Shahzad, the owner of the school, said there are 30 people enrolled in the school.
- Pakistan’s total population of transgender people reported in the sixth Population and Housing Census in 2017 was 10,418, reports Dawn news.
China launches the website to report foreign spies, corrupt officials.
- China has stepped up its campaign against foreign espionage with a website in Mandarin and English encouraging people to report national security threats.
- The website, www.12339.gov.cn, launched by the ministry of national security also urges anyone to report attempts by Chinese nationals.
- The website did not offer details on the rewards. The Beijing City National Security Bureau was offering $1,500 to $73,000 for information on spies.
Check out the latest trending business Current Affairs April 17 updates by reading the news.
Ola wants to roll out a million electric vehicles on Indian roads by 2021.
- Cab-aggregator app, Ola, wants to roll out 10,000 electric three-wheeled rickshaws within a year and a million battery-powered vehicles by 2021.
- The startup run by ANI Technologies Pvt said it’s in policy discussions with several state governments and is talking with potential partners from automakers to battery producers.
- It aims to build out an existing pilot project in the central Indian city of Nagpur, where Ola’s first EVs have already travelled more than 4 million kilometres.
Tesla says Model 3 production shut down temporarily.
- Tesla Inc has temporarily suspended its Model 3 assembly line as the automaker continues to face challenges ramping up its new sedan.
- It was the second time since February that Tesla has temporarily shut down its production line for the Model 3 at its Fremont, California plant.
- Tesla is now trying to catch up to a target of building 2,500 vehicles per week by the end of the second quarter.
Vedanta hires Srinivasan Venkatakrishnan as new CEO.
- Indian billionaire Anil Agarwal’s Vedanta Resources Plc named AngloGold Ashanti Ltd.’s Srinivasan Venkatakrishnan as its new chief executive officer.
- Venkatakrishnan, who takes over from interim CEO Kuldip Kaura, will leave Johannesburg-based AngloGold on Aug. 30 and join Vedanta a day later.
- The 53-year-old has been at Africa’s biggest gold producer for 18 years, including five as CEO.
Current Affairs April 17 is bringing you with Records, titles and other updates from the world of sports.
Sunil Narine first foreign spinner to take 100 wickets in IPL.
- Kolkata Knight Riders’ Sunil Narine on Monday scripted history as he became the first foreign spinner to take 100 wickets in the Indian Premier League.
- Narine loves bowling at Daredevils as he has got 23 wickets from 12 innings his second best against IPL teams.
- Narine’s 102 wickets came in 86 matches after conceding 2113 runs with the best figures of 5/19.
India breach 500 medal mark in Commonwealth Games.
- India finished third in the medals tally with 66 medals in total which can be broken down into 26 gold, 20 silver and 20 bronze.
- With 66 medals, India went past the 500-medal mark.
- India entered the Games with 436 medals and by the time Mary Kom led the contingent at the closing ceremony ten days later, the number had climbed to 502.
- With that India became the fifth country to reach 500 or more medals in Commonwealth Game.
Paris Saint-Germain thrash AS Monaco to clinch Ligue 1 title.
- Paris Saint-Germain claimed their seventh Ligue 1 title in emphatic style with a 7-1 home win against defending champion AS Monaco.
- PSG, who netted four goals in the opening half-hour, have 87 points with five games remaining.
- They joined Lyon in fifth place in the rankings of the clubs with the most French titles.
Senior Madhya Pradesh Congress leader Rajendra Singh dies at 86.
- Senior Congress leader and former minister, Rajendra Singh, died late Sunday night in Bhopal following a heart attack.
- Rajendra Singh served as a minister in the Madhya Pradesh government from 1975-1977 and was first elected as MLA in 1972.
- He was 86 and is survived by his wife and two children.
Veteran journalist S Nihal Singh no more.
- Veteran journalist S Nihal Singh passed away here on Monday following the illness.
- Singh, 88, breathed his last at the National Heart Institute. He was suffering from kidney-related ailments.
- S Nihal Singh had worked with several leading newspapers including The Indian Express, The Statesman and Khaleej Times.
Links Related to Current Affairs April 17:
|Current Affairs | 16-April-2018||Current Affairs | 15-April-2018|
|April 2018 Current Affairs||Current Affairs PDF March 2018|
|Current Affairs 2017 & 2016||Current Affairs Quiz 2017 & 2016|
Candidates hoping to get Government Jobs can get more details about the Current updates from above links. You can read some latest Current Affairs, and attempt Current Affairs Quiz which helps you to crack various Competitive Exams. Make use of our Current Affairs April 17 and current affairs India 2018 for better scoring in exams. Users will be benefited with the free month wise Current Affairs PDF and Updates available for download. The Free Quizzes & GK Questions available in this Affairs Section will benefit all the career hopefuls to get their desired Sarkari Naukri. This current affairs daily page is well created by the dedicated team members of recruitment.guru. Make use of Current Affairs April 17.