Daily Current Affairs April 18
Have complete information about National News by reading below Current Affairs April 18
Sweden, India work on a security accord that may open jet deal.
- India and Sweden agreed to work on a deal to allow increased sharing of classified information, potentially opening up for Saab AB to secure an order for its Gripen fighter jets.
- This agreement would be an important step forward as we are deepening our bilateral cooperation in the defence domain.
- The countries also agreed to set up a common task force on cybersecurity and from an innovation partnership.
India, the US to use Russian model for N-plant set-up.
- India and the US are inching towards a solution to getting Westing house nuclear power reactors in India.
- Westinghouse is very much on the verge of having their business issues addressed and going forward.
- Officials acknowledged close conversations between Westinghouse and NPCIL on the building of the reactors.
Modi holds bilateral meetings with PMs of Finland, Denmark, Iceland and Norway.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Tuesday held bilateral meetings with his counterparts from Finland, Denmark, Iceland and Norway.
- He discussed ways to enhance ties with these Nordic countries in key areas such as trade and investment, and renewable energy.
- Modi met the leaders of the four Nordic countries on the sidelines of the India-Nordic Summit.
- After the bilateral meeting between Modi and Rasmussen, documents were exchanged between the two sides in areas of animal husbandry.
Telangana CM KCR to meet Odisha counterpart Naveen Patnaik in May.
- Telangana Chief Minister K Chandrasekhar Rao will meet his Odisha counterpart Naveen Patnaik here in the first week of May.
- Rao, who heads the Telangana Rashtra Samithi, will meet Patnaik, the Biju Janata Dal president, in Bhubaneswar.
- Rao will first visit the world famous Jagannath temple in Puri and then call on the Odisha chief minister, the sources said.
GSRTC makes own buses, the first lot of 25 to be unveiled today.
- Chief Minister Vijay Rupani and Deputy Chief Minister Nitin Patel are set to dedicate 25 sleeper coach buses built by Gujarat State Road Transport Corporation.
- GSRTC is the only corporation in the country which has started building its bus coaches at its workshop.
- This year, the release stated, the state government granted GSRTC the permission to build coaches for 1,500 super express and 325 semi-luxury buses.
Latest International Current Affairs April 18 Updates from around the globe.
Sushma Swaraj to meet Chinese FM Wang Yi for key talks before Modi visit.
- Sushma Swaraj will hold key talks with her Chinese counterpart Wang Yi on the sidelines of the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO).
- Swaraj will be in China on April 22 and 23 and in Mongolia during April 24-25.
- Besides laying the groundwork for the SCO Summit in the coastal city of Qingdao in June, to be attended by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
- Swaraj last came to Beijing in February 2015, when she also had an audience with President Xi Jinping.
India wins elections to key United Nations subsidiary bodies.
- India has won an election to a crucial non-governmental organisation committee in the United Nations (UN) after garnering the highest number of votes.
- The UN’s Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC) held elections to a number of its subsidiary bodies at the United Nations.
- The ECOSOC focusses on advancing the three dimensions of sustainable development economic, social and environmental.
- India got the highest number of votes at 46, followed by Pakistan (43), Bahrain (40) and China 39.
Trump formally nominates Gina Haspel to be next CIA director.
- President Donald Trump formally notified Congress Wednesday that deputy CIA director Gina Haspel is his pick to lead the agency.
- Trump tweeted last month that he had selected Haspel to replace Mike Pompeo, who is being considered to be secretary of state.
- But the president had not sent the formal paperwork to Capitol Hill.
Check out the latest trending business Current Affairs April 18 updates by reading the news.
Huawei to launch end-to-end 5G solution later this year.
- Huawei on Tuesday said the company will launch an end-to-end 5G solution by the second half of this year.
- According to Huawei’s Rotating Chairman Eric Xu, the company made a commitment to investing in 5G.
- Speaking during his keynote at the 2018 edition of the Huawei Analyst Summit (HAS), Xu said 5G will result in faster speed and decrease networking costs.
Intel launches silicon-level technology to protect user data.
- Global chip-maker Intel on Tuesday launched silicon-level cyber threat detection technology to protect customers’ data.
- Intel Threat Detection Technology” leverages silicon-level telemetry and functionality to help organisations improve the detection of advanced cyber threats and exploits.
- Intel also announced implementation plans by Microsoft and Cisco.
Astra to put $90m in India over 5 years.
- Drug major AstraZeneca has announced an investment of $90 million over the next five years in its Indian operations.
- The announcement was made following a meeting between the company’s executive VP (international region) Leon Wang and Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
- Commenting on the development, Wang said, “AstraZeneca has a long-standing commitment in India of 40 years.
Toyota plans to hike vehicle prices next month.
- Toyota Kirloskar Motor (TKM) is planning to increase vehicle prices from next month in order to partially offset the rise in input costs.
- The company, which is a joint venture between Japanese auto major Toyota and Kirloskar group, currently sells a range of vehicles.
- Raja said the industry expects to grow in the range of 8-9%, and TKM growth is also likely to be in that range.
Current Affairs April 18 is bringing you with Records, titles and other updates from the world of sports.
Virat Kohli surpasses Suresh Raina to become highest run-getter in IPL history.
- Virat Kohli on Tuesday surpassed Chennai Super Kings’ veteran Suresh Raina to become the leading run-scorer in the history of Indian Premier League (IPL).
- Kohli achieved the feat during his valiant knock of 92 not out against Mumbai Indians (MI) as RCB stumbled to their second defeat in four matches so far in the tournament.
- Kohli went past Raina’s total of 4,558 runs in IPL history when he reached the score of 32.
Miku hat-trick propels Bengaluru FC to Super Cup final.
- A 10-man Bengaluru FC rode on Miku’s hat-trick as they staged a remarkable comeback to beat Mohun Bagan 4-2.
- They booked a summit clash berth in the inaugural Super Cup football tournament on Tuesday.
- Bengaluru FC now faces East Bengal in the final which will take place on April 20.
Australia opener Aaron Finch sets unusual record.
- Australian cricketer Aaron Finch is going through a lean patch in the Indian Premier League has been dismissed for a first-ball duck twice in succession.
- By taking the field for Kings XI Punjab this season, he has become the first player to represent seven different teams in IPL.
- Prior to his ongoing stint with the Punjab-based side, the 31-year-old has played for Rajasthan Royals, Delhi Daredevils, Pune Warriors, Sunrisers Hyderabad, Mumbai Indians and Gujarat Lions.
Former first lady Barbara Bush dies at age 92.
- Barbara Bush, the snowy-haired first lady whose plainspoken manner and utter lack of pretence died Tuesday.
- Family spokesman Jim McGrath confirmed the death in a statement.
- Eight years after leaving the nation’s capital, Mrs Bush stood with her husband as their son George W. was sworn in as president.
Senior journalist TVR Shenoy passes away.
- Senior journalist TVR Shenoy who served as the editor of the weekly news magazine The Week and Sunday Mail passed away in Manipal on Tuesday at the age of 77.
- Shenoy who was awarded the Padma Bhushan in 2003 contributed to several national and international newspapers.
- Between 1991 and 1993 he exposed several banking and stock market scams including the Harshad Mehta scam.
Links Related to Current Affairs April 18:
|Current Affairs | 17-April-2018||Current Affairs | 16-April-2018|
|April 2018 Current Affairs||Current Affairs PDF March 2018|
|Current Affairs 2017 & 2016||Current Affairs Quiz 2017 & 2016|
Candidates hoping to get Government Jobs can get more details about the Current updates from above links. You can read some latest Current Affairs, and attempt Current Affairs Quiz which helps you to crack various Competitive Exams. Make use of our Current Affairs April 18 and current affairs India 2018 for better scoring in exams. Users will be benefited with the free month wise Current Affairs PDF and Updates available for download. The Free Quizzes & GK Questions available in this Affairs Section will benefit all the career hopefuls to get their desired Sarkari Naukri. This current affairs daily page is well created by the dedicated team members of recruitment.guru. Make use of Current Affairs April 18.