Daily Current Affairs April 19
Have complete information about National News by reading below Current Affairs April 19
India joins the UK in slamming Russia for attack on ex-spy.
- India agreed to a condemnation of the Russian nerve agent attack in Salisbury in a joint statement with the UK.
- PM Narendra Modi and Theresa May released a joint statement after their talks on Wednesday.
- In recent months, Russia has moved from its pro-India stance to build new bridges with Pakistan even as it buried its suspicions of China.
- On terrorism, the two sides reaffirmed a decision deny space to radical groups.
China to try to persuade Sushma Swaraj on China-Nepal-India corridor.
- China is expected to try to persuade external affairs minister Sushma Swaraj to revise New Delhi’s outlook towards its Belt and Road Initiative.
- The Chinese proposal is similar to the China-Pakistan Economic Corridor which includes a range of projects.
- New Delhi opposes the BRI because one part of it has violated India’s sovereignty in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir (PoK).
NITI Aayog to rank states on nutrition under govt’s Poshan scheme.
- NITI Aayog will start ranking states on the nutrition parameter under the government-run Poshan Abhiyaan.
- The first meeting of the National Council on India’s Nutrition Challenges under Poshan (nutrition) Abhiyaan was made by NITI Aayog on Wednesday.
- A scheme of the Ministry of Women and Child Development, Poshan Abhiyaan was launched in March this year by the Prime Minister in Jhunjhunu (Rajasthan).
- NITI Aayog will work to rank the states in their efforts to reduce malnutrition.
INLD, BSP join hands in Haryana.
- Haryana’s main opposition party, Indian National Lok Dal (INLD) has joined hands with BSP for the upcoming Lok Sabha and assembly elections in 2019.
- Both the parties are determined to champion the cause of the Dalits, farmers and the labour class.
- He, however, refused to comment on whether INLD would continue its alliance with Shiromani Akali Dal (SAD), an NDA partner.
Nitish Kumar opens six Comfed plants worth Rs 144.67 crore.
- Chief minister Nitish Kumar on Wednesday inaugurated six plants of Bihar State Milk Cooperative Federation.
- The plants inaugurated through remote include two ice cream manufacturing units of 20,000 litre per day each at Patna and Biharsharif.
- The CM also announced a subsidy of Rs2 per kg on Sudha dana (cattle feed) during the months of May to July for milk producers of different milk cooperative societies.
PM Modi invites Norway pension fund to invest in new sectors in India.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has invited Norway’s pension fund to invest in new sectors in India citing the complementarity of the economies of the two countries.
- Modi encouraged the Norwegian State Pension Fund Global to consider investing in new sectors in India.
- The Pension Fund had invested $11.7 billion in India at the end of 2017, an increase of $2.5 billion from 2016.
- The areas of cooperation during the discussion include energy, green transport, environmental technologies, innovation, maritime and marine economies.
Latest International Current Affairs April 19 Updates from around the globe.
Trump confirms CIA chief met Kim Jong Un in North Korea.
- US President Donald Trump confirmed on Wednesday that the CIA director had met North Korean leader Kim Jong Un on a secret visit to Pyongyang.
- Trump tweets meeting went very smoothly and a good relationship is made.
- The tweet came after the Washington Post reported Tuesday that Pompeo made the trip over the first weekend of April.
China moots India-Nepal-China economic corridor through the Himalayas.
- China on Wednesday proposed the construction of India-Nepal-China economic corridor with multi-dimensional connectivity through the Himalayas.
- China’s proposal came after visiting Nepalese foreign minister Pradeep Kumar Gyawali held talks with his Chinese counterpart Wang Yi.
- Gyawali is on his maiden visit to Beijing after the Oli-led government came to power in recent elections.
- Wang said China and Nepal have already signed a MoU on China’s multi-billion-dollar Belt and Road Initiative (BRI), which includes connectivity cooperation.
Miguel Diaz-Canel set to be Cuba’s first non-Castro president in six decades.
- Cuba selected 57-year-old First Vice President Miguel Mario Diaz-Canel Bermudez as sole candidate to succeed Raul Castro as president of Cuba.
- The 86-year-old Castro will remain head of the Communist Party, designated by the constitution as the superior guiding force of society.
- Nominated as new first vice president was Salvador Valdes Mesa, a 72-year-old Afro-Cuban former union official who has held a long series of high posts in the Cuban government.
Saudi Arabia all set for opening of new cinema with trial movie runs.
- Blockbuster action flick “Black Panther” will play at a cinema test screening in Saudi Arabia Wednesday.
- The conservative kingdom lifted a 35-year ban on cinemas last year as part of a far-reaching liberalisation drive.
- But officials this week it would be a test screening at the new cinema in the King Abdullah Financial District and movie theatres are expected to open to the public in May.
Check out the latest trending business Current Affairs April 19 updates by reading the news.
Russia blocks Google, Amazon IP addresses in the bid to ban Telegram.
- Russia’s state communications regulator on Tuesday said it had blocked IP addresses owned by Google and Amazon.
- They were being used by the Telegram messaging service which Moscow moved to ban this week.
- Roskomnadzor’s head Alexander Zharov said it had blocked 18 sub-networks and a significant number of IP-addresses belonging to Google.
- Blocking the IP addresses have prevented Russian internet users from accessing Telegram and other services that route content through Google and Amazon servers.
UIDAI introduces QR code for offline Aadhaar verification.
- UIDAI has introduced an updated ‘QR code’ that holds non-sensitive details like name, address, photo, and date of birth, and can be used for offline user verification without the 12-digit ID number.
- The new QR code, that now comes with a photo, can be used in the offline mode in a way that will safeguard against any tempering of documents.
- A QR code is a form of barcode label which contains machine-readable information.
- Users can manually blacken the Aadhaar number and use the printout with the new QR code for establishing their identity, offline too.
Amazon launches international shopping from the United States.
- Amazon.com Inc has launched an international shopping feature that will enable customers across the world to shop more than 45 million items.
- It allows customers to shop in 25 currencies, with more languages and currencies to take place in 2018.
- The international shopping feature will display pricing, shipping costs and import duty estimates, with Amazon managing courier service.
Starbucks to close 8,000 US stores for racial tolerance training.
- Starbucks Corp will close 8,000 company-owned US cafes for the afternoon on May 29.
- The company said that it will also provide training materials for non-company workers at the roughly 6,000 licensed Starbucks cafes.
- The controversy is the biggest public relations test yet for new Starbucks Chief Executive Kevin Johnson.
Current Affairs April 19 is bringing you with Records, titles and other updates from the world of sports.
Ishant Sharma marks county debut for Sussex with five wickets.
- Ishant Sharma made a splash in his first appearance for Sussex.
- On his county debut, Ishant took five wickets in Sussex’s draw with Warwickshire at Birmingham, with figures of 20.2-4-53-3 and 9-3-16-2.
- The 29-year-old has played 81 Tests and 80 ODIs, was signed by Sussex for the first two months of the English county season.
FIFA plans to revamp Club World Cup, scrap Confederations Cup.
- FIFA has laid out plans to replace the Confederations Cup with an expanded Club World Cup that will only be held every four years from 2021.
- It will now be held every fourth June in the year before a World Cup just as the Confederations Cup was.
- The new format means the club competition will interfere less with the rest of the football calendar, particularly in Europe.
Links Related to Current Affairs April 19:
|Current Affairs | 18-April-2018||Current Affairs | 17-April-2018|
|April 2018 Current Affairs||Current Affairs PDF March 2018|
|Current Affairs 2017 & 2016||Current Affairs Quiz 2017 & 2016|
Candidates hoping to get Government Jobs can get more details about the Current updates from above links. You can read some latest Current Affairs, and attempt Current Affairs Quiz which helps you to crack various Competitive Exams. Make use of our Current Affairs April 19 and current affairs India 2018 for better scoring in exams. Users will be benefited with the free month wise Current Affairs PDF and Updates available for download. The Free Quizzes & GK Questions available in this Affairs Section will benefit all the career hopefuls to get their desired Sarkari Naukri. This current affairs daily page is well created by the dedicated team members of recruitment.guru. Make use of Current Affairs April 19.