Daily Current Affairs April 20
Have complete information about National News by reading below Current Affairs April 20
Yogi likely to lead the political delegation to China next month.
- Uttar Pradesh chief minister Yogi Adityanath is likely to lead the Indian delegation to China scheduled for next month.
- This will be Yogi’s second official foreign tour after he assumed office as CM in March 2017.
- UP CM has been requested by external affairs minister Sushma Swaraj to lead a political delegation to China next month.
- Yogi is also expected to woo the investors by marketing his state as the biggest market in India with 22 crore population.
PM Modi holds bilateral talks with Sheikh Hasina.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Thursday had a series of bilateral meetings including discussions with his Bangladesh counterpart Sheikh Hasina.
- They had a productive exchange of views on various issues of bilateral interest on the sidelines of CHOGM 2018.
- This marked their first meeting since the Bangladeshi leader’s visit to New Delhi last year and ahead of her proposed visit to India in the coming months.
- Prime Minister Modi also met Seychelles President Faure and discussed cooperation in areas of trade and investment and other bilateral issues.
Maharashtra to ban plastic microbeads by month end says govt.
- Maharashtra could become the first state to prohibit the use of microplastics or plastic microbeads.
- Government officials said a notification will be issued by the end of the month.
- The ban is aimed at protecting marine life threatened by microplastics.
- The US banned the use of microbeads in personal care products in 2015. In January, the United Kingdom imposed a ban.
After Doklam standoff, India and China may revive military ties.
- India and China are expected to take their first steps to revive military-to-military ties after the 2017 Doklam stand-off.
- A decision to this effect is expected to be taken when defence minister Nirmala Sitharaman meets her Chinese counterpart Wei Fenghe in Beijing.
- According to top South Block officials, both Doval and Yang were of the opinion that India and China needed to cooperate to make the 21st century an Asian one.
More railway station to get CCTVs using Nirbhaya Fund.
- Only 394 of the 8,500 railway stations in India are under complete surveillance of closed circuit television (CCTV) cameras, according to the Railway Protection Force (RPF).
- RPF, responsible for railway security, has identified 202 so-called sensitive stations for installation of an integrated security system.
- Overall, the Railways has plans to procure 1.2 million cameras and invest ₹3,000 crore in improving safety.
Latest International Current Affairs April 20 Updates from around the globe.
Iraq carries out air strikes on Islamic State in Syria.
- Iraq on Thursday carried out air strikes on Islamic State positions in Syria.
- The Iraq F-16 warplanes crossed into Syria to carry out the strikes after coordination with Syrian President Bashar al-Assad’s government.
- Iraq currently has good relations with Iran and Russia, Assad’s main backers in the seven-year Syrian civil war.
Poland marks the 75th anniversary of the uprising in Warsaw Ghetto.
- Polish capital began a day of commemorations today on the 75th anniversary of the Warsaw Ghetto Uprising.
- The daffodils tradition comes from Marek Edelman, who was the last surviving commander of the uprising and on every anniversary used to lay these spring flowers at the monument to the fighters. He died in 2009.
- The revolt ended in death for most of the fighters, yet left behind an enduring symbol of resistance.
NASA’s planet-hunting probe successfully launched on SpaceX rocket.
- NASA’s latest planet-hunting satellite took a launch on Thursday on the first-of-its-kind mission.
- The Transiting Exoplanet Survey Satellite (TESS), which is expected to find thousands of new exoplanets orbiting nearby stars.
- The twin solar arrays that will power the spacecraft were successfully deployed soon after.
- After approximately 60 days of check-out and instrument testing, the spacecraft will begin its work.
Raul Castro retires as Cuban president, outlines future.
- Raul Castro turned over Cuba’s presidency Thursday to a 57-year-old successor he said would hold power until 2031.
- Castro’s 90-minute valedictory speech offered his first clear vision for the nation’s future power structure under new President Miguel Mario Diaz-Canel Bermudez.
- Castro said he foresees the white-haired electronics engineer serving two five-year terms as leader of the Cuban government.
Check out the latest trending business Current Affairs April 20 updates by reading the news.
Google launches Grasshopper app for beginners to learn coding.
- Google on Wednesday launched a new app to help beginners learn coding on their smartphones.
- A team of coders from Google’s workshop has made this Grasshopper for experimental products – “Area 120”.
- According to Techcrunch, the goal is to get coders proficient in the basics and core concepts, so they can take the next steps in their coding education.
- The app offers several courses, beginning with “The Fundamentals,” where users learn how the code works.
India to invest more than £1 billion in the UK.
- India will invest more than 1 billion pounds in the UK, which will help create or safeguard 5,750 British jobs.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s visit as the two sides signed a wide range of MoUs, agreements and initiatives across technology, trade and investment.
- According to DIT figures, total trade in goods and services between the UK and India was 18 billion pounds in 2017, a 15 percent increase from 2016.
India is world’s sixth largest economy at $2.6 trillion, says IMF.
- India’s Gross Domestic Product (GDP), the worth of the economy, clocked in at $2.6 trillion for 2017, according to the database of the International Monetary Fund’s World Economic Outlook (WEO) for April 2018.
- That is well over the $2.5 trillion milestone that supposedly separates big economies from pretenders.
- India is now the world’s sixth largest economy, displacing France. The five economies are the United States, China, Japan, Germany and United Kingdom.
- The Fund acknowledged the Indian turnaround but kept its growth forecast unchanged to 7.4% for 2018 and 7.8% in 2019, up from 6.7% in 2017.
Current Affairs April 20 is bringing you with Records, titles and other updates from the world of sports.
Chris Gayle becomes the first centurion of IPL in 2018.
- Chris Gayle has become the first batsman to slam a century in the ongoing Indian Premier League (IPL) 2018.
- Kings XI registered their third victory of the season with a 15-run win over Sunrisers at PCA Stadium in Mohali.
- Gayle got up his sixth IPL century and 21st in T20s overall off 58 balls which has 11 towering sixes and a solitary boundary.
- He twice went unsold at the IPL auction held in January this year and was later picked up by the Punjab franchise for a base price of Rs 2 crore.
Virat Kohli named in TIME’s 100 most influential people.
- IME magazine’s names Indian cricket captain Virat Kohli as one of T100 most influential people of 2018.
- Kohli’s tally was the third most ever after Kumar Sangakkara and Ricky Ponting. He led India to the final of the Champions Trophy.
- TIME’s annual list of the world’s most influential people is a designation of individuals whose time, in our estimation, is now.
Chelsea keeps Champions League hopes alive with a win at Burnley.
- Chelsea manager Antonio Conte defended misfiring striker Alvaro Morata despite the Spaniard missing a host of chances in a 2-1 win at Burnley on Thursday.
- The victory kept Chelsea’s outside chances of chasing down Tottenham Hotspur for a place in next season’s Champions League alive.
- Chelsea meet Southampton for the second time in eight days in an FA Cup semi-final on Sunday after Conte’s side came from 2-0 down to win 3-2 at St. Mary’s on Saturday.
Mundawar BJP MLA Dharam Pal Choudhary dies.
- The state BJP on Thursday received yet another jolt after its three-time legislator Dharam Pal Choudhary died at Gurgaon.
- A three-time MLA from Mundawar (Alwar), 66-year-old Choudhary had suffered from the infection in the liver since he was diagnosed with swine flu four years ago.
- He was elected to the Rajasthan Legislative Assembly from Mundawar in 2003, 2008 and 2013.
Links Related to Current Affairs April 20:
|Current Affairs | 19-April-2018||Current Affairs | 18-April-2018|
|April 2018 Current Affairs||Current Affairs PDF March 2018|
|Current Affairs 2017 & 2016||Current Affairs Quiz 2017 & 2016|
Candidates hoping to get Government Jobs can get more details about the Current updates from above links. You can read some latest Current Affairs, and attempt Current Affairs Quiz which helps you to crack various Competitive Exams. Make use of our Current Affairs April 20 and current affairs India 2018 for better scoring in exams. Users will be benefited with the free month wise Current Affairs PDF and Updates available for download. The Free Quizzes & GK Questions available in this Affairs Section will benefit all the career hopefuls to get their desired Sarkari Naukri. This current affairs daily page is well created by the dedicated team members of recruitment.guru. Make use of Current Affairs April 20.