Current Affairs April 2018: Job Seekers who are looking for the latest trending events in the month of April can get the Updates in April Current Affairs 2018. Our April 2018 Current Affairs Page is covered with the latest information taking place in National, International, Business and other important fields. Aspirants can make use of this April Current Affairs for scoring better in the Competitive exams. Candidates can also download the Current Affairs April PDF on this page. Try to read this April Month Current Affairs for improving your knowledge and scoring better in exams.
Current Affairs April 2018 – Date-wise Collections
April 2018 Current Affairs – Daily Updates
April Current Affairs – Important News Updates
MP Tendulkar donates entire salary to PM’s Relief Fund.
- Sachin Tendulkar, whose term as Rajya Sabha MP ended recently, has donated his entire salary and allowances to the Prime Minister’s Relief Fund.
- In the past six years, Tendulkar has drawn nearly Rs 90 lakh in salaries and other monthly allowances.
- Tendulkar, along with veteran actress Rekha, has been criticised for their poor attendance in the Parliament all these years.
China’s space lab set to hit Earth over next 24 hours – Current Affairs April 2018
- China’s space lab, Tiangong-1, is expected to come crashing back to Earth in a fiery ball over the next 24 hours.
- It ceased functioning and went out of control in mid-2017.
- Chinese experts tried to allay fears, saying that the falling of the 40-foot-long Tiangong-1.
India is world’s second largest mobile phone producer.
- India is now the second largest mobile phone producer in the world after China, as per information shared by the Indian Cellular Association.
- ICA national president Pankaj Mohindroo said India has now emerged as the second largest producer of the mobile handset by volume.
- ICA referred to data available from market research firm IHS, China’s National Bureau of Statistics and Vietnam General Statistics Office.
- India replaced Vietnam to become the second largest producer of mobile phones in 2017.
- With the rise in mobile phone production, imports of devices in the country also reduced to less than half in 2017-18.
Manchester City one win from the title.
- Manchester City is one win away from winning the Premier League title after a 3-1 victory over Everton.
- Pep Guardiola’s side maintained their 16-point lead at the top thanks to a scintillating first-half display at Goodison Park.
- They won the League Cup already, City next faces a Champions League quarter-final first leg against Liverpool on Wednesday.
Current Affairs April 2018
Siddaramaiah to file Nomination papers on April 23.
- Chief Minister Siddaramaiah said that he will file his nomination paper to contest from Chamundeshwari segment in the fourth week of April.
- During his campaigning in the segment, he told the villagers that he will file the nomination paper on April 23.
- The poll notification will be issued on April 17, and the last date to file papers is April 24.
- Speaking during the campaign, he attacked JD(S) in his attempt to win from Chamundeshwari segment, saying the secular party has lost its strength.
Egypt’s President Sisi wins re-election with 97% of the vote – Current Affairs April 2018
- Egyptian President Abdel Fattah al-Sisi has been re-elected with 97 percent of votes, the same proportion that the former military commander secured four years ago.
- Turnout was 41 percent, despite efforts to get as many Egyptians as possible to polling stations during last week’s vote.
- Sisi won a total of 21.8 million votes compared with 656,534 for his opponent, Moussa Mostafa Moussa, whose tally was less than the 1.8 million spoiled ballots.
MS Dhoni, Pankaj Advani receive Padma Bhushan at Rashtrapati Bhavan.
- Former Indian captain MS Dhoni and star cueist Pankaj Advani received Padma Bhushan awards at the Rashtrapati Bhavan on Monday.
- Both Dhoni and Advani have accumulated a host of accolades in their respective careers.
- Advani is one of the best billiards/snooker players to have ever come out of India.
- He has won eight world titles in as many years and a total of 19.
April 2018 Current Affairs Updates
India is world’s second largest producer of crude steel.
- India has overtaken Japan to become the world’s second-largest producer of crude steel.
- At present, China is the largest producer of crude steel in the world, accounting for more than 50 percent of the production.
- India’s crude steel production is up 4.4 percent and is at 93.11 million tonnes (mt) for April 2017 to February 2018.
- India overtook the US in 2015 to become the third largest producer of crude steel.
Bahrain pegs historical oil field discovery at 80 billion barrels – Current Affairs April 2018
- Bahrain on Wednesday announced its newly discovered shale oil reserve was estimated to contain more than 80 billion barrels.
- Oil Minister Sheikh Mohammed bin Khalifa Al-Khalifa says the amount of recoverable oil is still there.
- The new field dwarfs the Bahrain Field, the country’s only other oil field, which contains several hundred million barrels.
Sindhu leads Indian contingent at Commonwealth Games opening ceremony.
- Star shuttler PV Sindhu led the Indian contingent at a glittering opening ceremony which launched the 21st edition of the Commonwealth Games on Wednesday.
- India has sent a total of 222 sportspersons to these Games.
- The country had secured a total of 64 medals at the 2014 Commonwealth Games in Glasgow, Scotland, which included 15 gold, 30 silver and 19 bronze.
- A total of 71 nations will compete in 275 events across 19 disciplines at the Games which will conclude on April 15.
Current Affairs April 2018 News
Indian Air Force to get 110 Fighter Jets for $20 billion.
- India will be procuring 110 fighter jets for the Indian Air Force for approximately $20 billion.
- The Government has re-invited aviation companies to compete for producing fighter jets in India under the government’s “strategic partnership” policy.
- IAF issues a preliminary global tender or RFI (request for information) to acquire 110 fighter jets.
- The 85% to be built in India with a domestic strategic partner or production agency.
- IAf wants to set up a second fighter manufacturing line in India to supplement the delayed production of Tejas jets by HAL.
- The current strength of IAF is 31 fighter squadrons (each with 18 jets). It requires at least 42 to tackle Pakistan and China.
Indian Navy conducts joint Humanitarian Assistance and Disaster Relief (HADR) exercise ‘Chakravath’.
- Chakravarthy, a joint humanitarian assistance and disaster relief (HADR) exercise were organised by the Indian Navy in coordination with the Kerala government.
- Kerala chief minister Pinarayi Vijayan inaugurated an exhibition at the Sagara Hall of Cochin Port Trust (CoPT).
- Various national and state level agencies, NGOs and vendors displayed a large range of disaster relief equipment.
- The CM also attended the skill Demo exercise, which was conducted in the Mattancherry Channel off the BTP Jetty.
- The exercise showcased the capabilities of the Armed Forces and all state agencies, in tackling an emergency using all available resource.
April 2018 Current Affairs
BJP releases first list of candidates for Karnataka polls.
- Bharatiya Janata Party announced the first list of 72 candidates for the May 12 Karnataka assembly elections.
- The party’s chief ministerial candidate BS Yeddyurappa will contest again from Shikaripur constituency.
- He had won the seat in 2013 on a ticket from Karnataka Janata Paksha (KJP), which he had joined after falling out with the BJP.
- Senior party leader KS Eshwarappa will contest from Shivamogga constituency, where he finished in the third spot in 2013.
KL Rahul slams fastest-ever IPL fifty.
- Kings XI Punjab opener KL Rahul blasted a fastest-ever half-century in the history of IPL.
- Rahul achieved the feat in just 14 balls bettering the previous record made by Yusuf Pathan in 2014.
- Rahul clobbered six fours and four sixes during his stay at the crease before being dismissed for 51 by Chris Morris.
Jitu Rai breaks CWG record to win gold.
- India’s Jitu Rai won gold in the men’s 10m air pistol at the Commonwealth Games after breaking the Games record in Gold Coast.
- Rai created a new CWG record of 235.1 in the final to win gold.
- Kerry Bell of Australia took silver with 233.5 and Om Mitharwal bagged the bronze medal for India with 214.3.
Current Affairs April 2018 Updates
World’s largest solar park to come up in Gujarat.
- Gujarat Chief Minister Vijay Rupani on Tuesday approved setting up a 5000 MW capacity solar park at the Dholera Special Investment Region.
- The proposed solar power generation project will be set up in 11,000 hectares of land with an investment of Rs 25,000 crore.
- The project will contribute significantly to achieving Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s target of producing 175 gigawatts of electricity.
Honda starts work on electric scooters for India.
- Honda Motorcycle and Scooter India have started work on developing electric scooters for the Indian market.
- Minoru Kato, president and CEO of HMSI, said that work regarding the electric scooters is being carried out at its headquarters in Japan.
- He said that the minimum range that the company is targeting on a single charge is 100 kms.
IPS officer Rajesh Ranjan takes the appointment as DG CISF.
- Senior IPS officer Rajesh Ranjan was on Tuesday takes the appointment as Director General of Central Industrial Security Force.
- Ranjan, a 1984 batch Indian Police Service (IPS) officer of Bihar cadre, is at present Special Director General, Border Security Force.
- He will be as the chief of the CISF till November 30, 2020.
AS Roma dumps FC Barcelona out after miracle comeback.
- Kostas Manolas sent Roma through to the semi-finals of the Champions League after an incredible 3-0 victory over FC Barcelona.
- The hosts held on brilliantly to see the result out and go through to the semis for the first time since 1984.
April 2018 Current Affairs News
Yogi Adityanath set to rejig cabinet, slash 90 UP departments to 34.
- Chief minister Yogi Adityanath, the state government started preparing for a cabinet reshuffle by merging various departments to bring down their number from the existing 90 to 34.
- According to the proposal, one minister will head just one department, instead of having two or more.
- The plan also came up for discussion between Shah and Yogi, who held a marathon meeting with government and party functionaries.
Walmart may reach deal with Flipkart by June-end – Current Affairs April 2018
- Walmart is likely to reach a deal to buy a majority stake in Indian e-commerce player Flipkart by the end of June.
- It was reported last week that Walmart completed its due diligence on Flipkart and had made a proposal to buy 51% or more of the Indian company.
- A deal with Flipkart would step up Walmart’s battle with Amazon.com for a bigger share in India.
- Walmart will buy both new and existing Flipkart shares, with the new shares expected to give a valuation of at least $18 billion.
Wrestlers enter with medal rush, Seema and Tejaswini win silver.
- On the first day of wrestling competition at the 2018 Commonwealth Games, all four of India’s grapplers delivered medals.
- Winning gold was Sushil Kumar (75kg) and Rahul Aware (57kg), while Babita Kumari claimed silver (53kg) and Kiran Bishnoi took bronze (76kg).
- The other medalists of the day were shooter Tejaswini Sawant, who won silver in the finals of the women’s 50m rifle prone.
- Anjum Moudgil, the other Indian to reach the women’s 50m rifle prone finals, finished 16th with a total score of 602.2.
Current Affairs April 2018 Updates
The trial run of Bangladesh-Nepal bus on April 23.
- Bangladesh, India and Nepal, the three governments will carry out a trial bus run on April 23.
- Two buses carrying 35 passengers will travel from Dhaka to Siliguri and onwards to Kathmandu.
- The three countries made a schedule to exchange letters for implementation of Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Nepal (BBIN) Motor Vehicles Agreement.
- The success of the trial run will pave the way for taking a decision for the formal launch of the bus service.
Ireland’s tallest tower reopens to public after 47 years – Current Affairs April 2018
- Ireland’s tallest tower has reopened to the public here after 47 years following a bomb attack.
- Hundreds of tourists, both local and foreign, are coming in from different corners of the city to visit the O’Connell Tower.
- Located in north Dublin, the tower was built in 1855 in the memory of Daniel O’Connell, one of the greatest political figure.
- In 2016, Glasnevin Trust, the largest funeral services provider in Ireland, started work to restore the destroyed staircase that leads to the top of the tower.
Manchester City win Premier League title as rivals United lose.
- Manchester City was confirmed as Premier League champions on Sunday as second-placed Manchester United suffered a shock 1-0 home.
- United had to at least draw to keep the title race mathematically alive but lost at Old Trafford.
- Guardiola has won the League Cup already for City this season but a first Premier League title.
April 2018 Current Affairs News
Rs 1,600cr sanctioned for Manipur highway improvement.
- Manipur Chief Minister N. Biren Singh announced that the Centre has sanctioned Rs 1,600 crore for the improvement of the National Highway (NH) 2 bordering Myanmar.
- The 110 km Imphal-Moreh sector of the NH 2 is the only stretch that connects Manipur’s border town with the rest of the country.
- The highway gained significance after the trade between India and Myanmar was legalised in 1995.
Ola wants to roll out a million electric vehicles on Indian roads by 2021.
- Ola wants to roll out 10,000 electric three-wheeled rickshaws within a year and a million battery-powered vehicles by 2021.
- The startup run by ANI Technologies Pvt said it’s in policy discussions with several state governments and is talking with potential partners from automakers to battery producers.
- It aims to build out an existing pilot project in the central Indian city of Nagpur, where Ola’s first EVs have already travelled more than 4 million kilometres.
Sunil Narine first foreign spinner to take 100 wickets in IPL.
- Kolkata Knight Riders’ Sunil Narine became the first foreign spinner to take 100 wickets in the Indian Premier League.
- Narine loves bowling at Daredevils as he has got 23 wickets from 12 innings his second best against IPL teams.
- Narine’s 102 wickets came in 86 matches after conceding 2113 runs with the best figures of 5/19.
Current Affairs April 2018 Updates
Maharashtra to ban plastic microbeads by month end says govt.
- Maharashtra could become the first state to prohibit the use of microplastics or plastic microbeads.
- Government officials said a notification will be issued by the end of the month.
- The ban is aimed at protecting marine life threatened by microplastics.
- The US banned the use of microbeads in personal care products in 2015. In January, the United Kingdom imposed a ban.
Raul Castro retires as Cuban president, outlines future – Current Affairs April 2018
- Raul Castro turned over Cuba’s presidency Thursday to a 57-year-old successor he said would hold power until 2031.
- Castro’s 90-minute valedictory speech offered his first clear vision for the nation’s future power structure under new President Miguel Mario Diaz-Canel Bermudez.
- Castro said he foresees the white-haired electronics engineer serving two five-year terms as leader of the Cuban government.
Chris Gayle becomes the first centurion of IPL in 2018.
- Chris Gayle has become the first batsman to slam a century in the ongoing Indian Premier League (IPL) 2018.
- Kings XI registered their third victory of the season with a 15-run win over Sunrisers at PCA Stadium in Mohali.
- Gayle got up his sixth IPL century and 21st in T20s overall off 58 balls which has 11 towering sixes and a solitary boundary.
- He twice went unsold at the IPL auction held in January this year and was later picked up by the Punjab franchise for a base price of Rs 2 crore.
April 2018 Current Affairs
Aspirants can view the latest updates of Current Affairs April 2018 from the above article. Make use of the April Current Affairs 2018 which will help you to gain more General Knowledge. In Current Affairs 2018 April we are providing you with the important National, International and other Updates. April Current Affairs 2018 will contain all the information that you are looking for. Reading the Current Affairs 2018 April will be helpful in getting more marks in all competitive exams.