Daily Current Affairs April 21
Have complete information about National News by reading below Current Affairs April 21
PM Modi holds talks with German Chancellor Merkel.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Friday night said he had a “wonderful meeting” with German Chancellor Angela Merkel.
- Modi met Merkel during a brief stopover in Berlin after wrapping up his visit to the UK where he attended the Commonwealth Heads of Government.
- It was the third and last leg of Modi’s three-nation tour to the UK, Sweden and Germany.
- Modi’s meeting with Merkel comes after German President Frank-Walter Steinmeier’s trip to India last month.
PM Modi to visit Nepal on May 11, travel to Janakpur as ties get back on track.
- In another sign of the restoration of normalcy in bilateral relations between India and Nepal, Prime Minister Narendra Modi is set to visit Kathmandu and Janakpur on May 11.
- Modi’s visit, which is at the planning stage, would come a little over a month after Nepal’s new Prime Minister KP Oli visited Delhi between April 6 and 8.
- Apart from Kathmandu, Modi is expected to travel to Janakpur, an important religious centre in the Tarai plains, close to the border with Bihar.
- This will be Modi’s third trip to Nepal in his tenure, but the first after the promulgation of the new Nepali constitution in 2015.
PM Modi joins world leaders for CHOGM retreat in the UK.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Friday joined other heads of government for the leaders’ retreat at Windsor Castle, which will conclude the Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting (CHOGM) in the UK.
- The closed-door meetings comprise the informal segment of CHOGM, where the leaders meet without any pre-set agenda and without the presence of their close aides.
- South African President Cyril Ramaphosa will be absent from the group of 53 heads of government as he had to rush back to Cape Town after violent clashed broke out in the country.
BJP sweeps municipal corporations elections in Jharkhand.
- The ruling BJP swept all the five Municipal Corporations for the posts of Mayor and Deputy Mayor, polls for which were held on party lines for the first time in Jharkhand.
- An elated Chief Minister Raghubar Das said it is the victory of politics of development of Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
- While Ms Lakra defeated Jharkhand Mukti Morcha’s Varsha Gaadi, Vijayavergiya trounced Congress”s Rajesh Kumar Gupta.
Punjab cabinet to be expanded, 9 new ministers to take oath today.
- Nine new cabinet ministers are set to take oath today in Punjab after Congress chief Rahul Gandhi approved their names in a meeting with state chief minister Amarinder Singh.
- Amarinder Singh congratulated them and announced that swearing-in ceremony will take place tomorrow at 6 pm at Punjab Raj Bhawan.
- The state chief minister held a second round of discussion with Rahul Gandhi today before announcing the names.
Calcutta HC orders new dates for panchayat election.
- Calcutta High Court quashed the poll body’s decision to cancel the notification extending the nomination deadline for the panchayat elections.
- According to the single-judge bench of Justice Subrata Talukdar, the April 12 order staying the election process will be lifted.
- The bench was hearing a clutch of petitions from the Opposition parties that claimed that the poll process was marred by violence.
Latest International Current Affairs April 21 Updates from around the globe.
Saudi Arabia set for the first public film screening at the theatre.
- Saudi Arabia will host its first public film screening in over 35 years. United States movie giant AMC said, two days after it unveiled the kingdom’s debut theatre in Riyadh.
- Tickets for an 8.30 pm show of the blockbuster action film “Black Panther” appeared to have sold out minutes after AMC Entertainment began online sales.
- Saudis currently splurge billions of dollars annually to see films and visit amusement parks in neighbouring tourist hubs like Dubai and Bahrain.
North Korean leader suspends nuclear and missile tests.
- North Korean leader Kim Jong Un has declared he will suspend nuclear and missile tests starting Saturday.
- Jong says he will shut down the site where the previous six nuclear tests were conducted.
- Both Moon and Trump have been saying that North Korea is now willing to “denuclearize,” a term which means different things to the different sides.
Check out the latest trending business Current Affairs April 21 updates by reading the news.
Yes Bank opens offices in London, Singapore.
- Yes, Bank has received RBI’s approval to open two representative offices in London and Singapore.
- This comes on the back of the bank opening a representative office in Abu Dhabi last year followed by an office the GIFT City.
- Yes Bank will provide the India diaspora in London and Singapore services like private wealth management.
Toyota, Maruti Suzuki set to clash on shared models.
- Toyota and Suzuki’s tie-up for cross-badging of cars is set to result in a high-pitched battle between the two Japanese companies in the Indian market.
- The Toyota, which will start selling Suzuki’s Brezza mini SUV and Baleno compact from next year as part of the ambitious deal.
- The tie-up between the Japanese companies is a bold move as the much larger Toyota agreed to source popular vehicles from Suzuki in India.
TCS set to become first Indian company with $100 billion market cap.
- TCS moved closer to the $100 billion mark in market capitalisation as its share price surged nearly seven% on Friday.
- The IT major is set to be the first listed Indian company to achieve this milestone.
- TCS market valuation had on January 24 this year surged past the Rs 6 lakh crore mark.
- The stock jumped 6.76% to settle at Rs 3,406.40 on BSE today. During the day, it soared 7.22% to its 52-week high of Rs 3,421.25.
Ed Smith named new England cricket selector.
- Former Test batsman Ed Smith takes the appointment as England’s new national selector.
- The ECB said Smith, who succeeds James Whitaker, would be part of a “new approach to scouting, assessing and selecting players.
- A former Kent and Middlesex captain, batsman Smith played three home Tests for England in 2003 after a prolific run of county form.
- He scored 64 in his first Test innings but managed only 23 more runs in his next four innings and was dropped.
Current Affairs April 21 is bringing you with Records, titles and other updates from the world of sports.
Bengaluru thrashes East Bengal to win inaugural Super Cup.
- Bengaluru FC thrashed 10-man East Bengal4-1 to win the inaugural Super Cup football tournament.
- The Bengaluru thus maintained their record of winning a trophy in each of the five seasons they have been in existence.
- Chhetri then went on to put the last nail into East Bengal’s coffin as Bengaluru won the title in style.
Arsene Wenger to leave Arsenal at end of the season.
- Arsene Wenger will bring his 22-year stay in charge of Arsenal to a close at the end of the season.
- Wenger, 68, won three Premier League titles, leading the only side to go a full league season unbeaten in 2003-04.
- Arsenal’s chance of making the Champions League next season is by winning the Europa League where they face Spanish giants Atletico Madrid in the semi-finals.
Honey Baisoya sweeps to the four-shot win at Delhi-NCR Open golf.
- Honey Baisoya reeled in overnight leader Shamim Khan to emerge victorious in the Delhi-NCR Open golf tournament in Noida on Friday.
- His sixth title on the Professional Golf Tour of India (PGTI) in less than two years, Honey, at 21, knows a thing or two about staying steadfast.
Shane Watson slams fourth T20 hundred, second of IPL 2018.
- Shane Watson hit the second century of the Indian Premier League (IPL) for Chennai Super Kings (CSK) against Rajasthan Royals (RR) in Pune.
- This was also Watson’s third IPL hundred and fourth in T20 cricket.
- Incidentally, Watson’s has hit two centuries for Rajasthan Royals but scored one against them for CSK.
- He has played 106 matches and scored more than 2700 runs at an average of 32.07.
Links Related to Current Affairs April 21:
|Current Affairs | 20-April-2018||Current Affairs | 19-April-2018|
|April 2018 Current Affairs||Current Affairs PDF March 2018|
|Current Affairs 2017 & 2016||Current Affairs Quiz 2017 & 2016|
Candidates hoping to get Government Jobs can get more details about the Current updates from above links. You can read some latest Current Affairs, and attempt Current Affairs Quiz which helps you to crack various Competitive Exams. Make use of our Current Affairs April 21 and current affairs India 2018 for better scoring in exams. Users will be benefited with the free month wise Current Affairs PDF and Updates available for download. The Free Quizzes & GK Questions available in this Affairs Section will benefit all the career hopefuls to get their desired Sarkari Naukri. This current affairs daily page is well created by the dedicated team members of recruitment.guru. Make use of Current Affairs April 21.