Daily Current Affairs April 25
Have complete information about National News by reading below Current Affairs April 25
Mamata to visit China, the US to woo investors.
- West Bengal chief minister Mamata Banerjee on Tuesday said she has plans to meet industrialists in Shanghai during her visit to China soon.
- Mamata said she would try to attract investments in the manufacturing sector.
- I will make this visit on national interest since China wanted me to visit the country. I have received a communication from the Ministry of External Affairs.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi is also scheduled to visit China on June 9-10 for Shanghai Cooperation Organisation summit.
J&K first state to approve 7th pay commission.
- Jammu and Kashmir on Tuesday became the first state to approve the implementation of the 7th pay commission.
- The cabinet decision will benefit around five lakh employees and pensioners in the state.
- The financial implications will be Rs 4,201 crore per year while one-time arrears would cost the government Rs 7,477 crore.
India sticks to its own path, says no to China’s Belt & Road initiative.
- India stood out at the meeting of the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation(SCO) on Tuesday as the only member country not to express support for China’s ambitious One Belt.
- In doing so, India stuck to its opposition to the China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC), seen to infringe its sovereignty.
- A joint communique issued at the end of the meeting listed other SCO members, including Russia, Pakistan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan and Uzbekistan.
- New Delhi objects to the $57 billion CPEC as it passes through Pakistan-occupied Kashmir.
Chinese air force monitored IAF’s biggest exercise closely.
- The Chinese People’s Liberation Army Air Force (PLAAF) closely monitored different aspects of the Indian Air Force’s Gaganshakti-2018 exercise.
- The IAF clocked more 11,000 sorties during the two-phase air manoeuvres that saw the concentration of the air force’s deployed assets move from the western sector.
- Gaganshakti-2018 was the biggest IAF exercise ever and the PLAAF kept an eye on it.
- Another official said 300 expert teams were analysing different aspects of the exercise and a report on lessons learnt would be out in a week.
India tops the list of websites blocked, its telcos filter the most.
- Indian Internet service providers (ISPs) have installed the highest number of Internet filtering systems and blocked the maximum number of web pages.
- Covering 10 countries where technologies marketed by Canadian company Netsweeper “appear to be filtering content for national-level, consumer-facing ISPs.
- These findings will be published in a report to be released Wednesday.
India fourth most tolerant country in the World, says survey.
- On the global map, India is the fourth most tolerant country after Canada, followed by China and Malaysia, suggests a new survey.
- The survey, conducted by Ipsos MORI, was carried out earlier this year in 27 countries for the BBC.
- In all, around 20,000 people were interviewed for the study that highlights the extent to which citizens think their society is divided.
- According to the survey, 63 percent Indians think that people in their country are tolerant of each other when it comes to people with different backgrounds, cultures or points of view.
Latest International Current Affairs April 25 Updates from around the globe.
Angela Merkel and Emmanuel Macron embody a two-speed EU.
- Angela Merkel and Emmanuel Macron couldn’t be more different from each other.
- Merkel has not quite completed her political career but now, after more than 12 years in office.
- He wants wealthy Germany to show more solidarity with less well-off European Union countries, including France.
Saudi Arabia privatisation programme targets $10 billion non-oil revenues by 2020.
- Saudi Arabia aims to generate 35 billion to 40 billion riyals ($9 billion to $11 billion) in non-oil revenues from its privatisation programme by 2020.
- The initiative targets 14 public-private partnership investments worth 24 billion to 28 billion riyals.
- It includes the corporatisation of Saudi ports and the privatisation of the production sector at the Saudi Saline Water Conversion Corp (SWCC) and the Ras Al Khair desalination and power plant.
Check out the latest trending business Current Affairs April 25 updates by reading the news.
Amazon is said to be working on another big bet.
- Ten years ago, Amazon introduced the Kindle and established the appeal of reading on a digital device.
- Four years ago, Jeff Bezos and company rolled out the Echo, prompting millions of people to start talking to a computer.
- Now Amazon is working on another big bet: robots for the home.
- The Vesta project originated a few years ago, but this year Amazon began to aggressively ramp up hiring.
Essar sells office asset in Mumbai to Brookfield for Rs 2,400 crore.
- The Essar group has sold prime commercial property Equinox Business Parks at Bandra-Kurla Complex (BKC) in Mumbai to global investment firm Brookfield.
- Essar Tuesday said it has completed the sale of Equinox Business Parks to Brookfield Asset Management for an enterprise value of Rs 2,400 crore.
- This 10-acre business park comprises four towers, with a leasable office space of about 1.25 million sq ft.
- The group would utilise the entire sale proceeds to repay loans. It is reducing debt by monetising non-core assets.
India to import more oil, drones and aircraft from the US amid Trump trade war.
- India is seeking more oil, drones and aircraft from the US to help narrow its $28 billion trade surplus amid rising concerns of possible collateral damage.
- Asia’s third-largest economy could bridge the surplus by up to $4 billion through oil imports alone.
- Along with South Korea, India was the only other country to cut its surplus merchandise and services with the US after Trump took charge.
Current Affairs April 25 is bringing you with Records, titles and other updates from the world of sports.
Sunrisers Hyderabad paceman Billy Stanlake ruled out of IPL 2018.
- Sunrisers Hyderabad fast bowler Billy Stanlake has been ruled out of the remainder of 11th edition ongoing Indian Premier League.
- He sustained in the match against Chennai Super Kings played at Hyderabad on April 22.
- The Australian fast bowler has flown back to his country for further treatment and will not be available for the rest of IPL 2018.
Panathinaikos banned from Europe for three seasons: UEFA.
- Former Greek champions Panathinaikos have been excluded from European competition for three seasons after failing to meet financial requirements.
- Panathinaikos, former European Cup finalists, have fallen on hard times in recent years.
- The Adjudicatory Chamber also ordered that the amount of 100,000 euros as part of the total fine of 200,000 euros is no longer suspended and is due immediately.
Liverpool FC beat AS Roma in UEFA Champions League.
- Liverpool FC, inspired by two-goal Egyptian Mohamed Salah, took a big step towards the UEFA Champions League final with a 5-2 win over AS Roma.
- Two late Roma goals, however, will give the Italians, who came back from 4-1 down to beat Barcelona in the previous round.
- Just as against Manchester City in the previous round, Liverpool had shown the sheer potency of their attacking trio.
India to host Asian Weightlifting Championships next year.
- The country will host the prestigious Asian Championships next year, which will also double up as a qualifying event for the 2020 Olympic Games in Tokyo.
- A championship was awarded to India at the Executive Board Meeting and Congress of the Asian Weightlifting Federation held on April 22 at Urgench, Uzbekistan.
- The event is a shot in the arm for India in a sport whose profile has been on the rise in recent years.
IPL 2019 to take place between March 29 and May 19.
- The 12th edition of the Indian Premier League will take place between March 29 and May 19.
- A BCCI official while talking to PTI said, “The 2019 IPL will be played between March 29 and May 19.
- Presently, the Mumbai Indians are defending their title that they won in 2017 edition after beating Rising Pune Supergiant in the final.
Henri Michel, former France football manager, dies aged 70.
- Former France manager Henri Michel, who guided the national team to an Olympic gold medal and third place in the World Cup has died at the age of 70.
- Michel managed the team that won gold at the Los Angeles Olympics in 1984.
- Michel was in charge of three more teams that played in the World Cup, managing Cameroon (1994), Morocco (1998) and Ivory Coast (2006).
Links Related to Current Affairs April 25:
|Current Affairs | 24-April-2018||Current Affairs | 23-April-2018|
|April 2018 Current Affairs||Current Affairs PDF March 2018|
|Current Affairs 2017 & 2016||Current Affairs Quiz 2017 & 2016|
Candidates hoping to get Government Jobs can get more details about the Current updates from above links. You can read some latest Current Affairs, and attempt Current Affairs Quiz which helps you to crack various Competitive Exams. Make use of our Current Affairs April 25 and current affairs India 2018 for better scoring in exams. Users will be benefited with the free month wise Current Affairs PDF and Updates available for download. The Free Quizzes & GK Questions available in this Affairs Section will benefit all the career hopefuls to get their desired Sarkari Naukri. This current affairs daily page is well created by the dedicated team members of recruitment.guru. Make use of Current Affairs April 25.