Daily Current Affairs April 26
Have complete information about National News by reading below Current Affairs April 26
Gsat-11 launch delayed: No glitch, the satellite needs more tests, says Isro.
- Indian Space Research Organisation (Isro) has recalled its “heaviest communication satellite” Gsat-11 from Arianespace’s spaceport in French Guiana.
- The launch of the 5.7-tonne satellite was initially made a plan on May 25.
- After all the tests and checks on Gsat-11 in India, we will decide on its next launch date.
- Isro is taking all precautions for satellite launches especially after the agency lost communication link with its recently launched satellite Gsat-6A.
Thermal plant pollution to be controlled by 2022: Govt to SC.
- The ministry of environment, forests and climate change gave this assurance that will conform to emission standards by 2022.
- Aparajita Singh pointed out the Centre had fixed emission norms for thermal power plants way back in December 2015.
- Accordingly, the plant-wise action plan has prepared and made finalize keeping in mind techno-economic feasibility,” it said.
- Thermal power plants are the major source of air pollution as far back as 1984.
3,374 file nominations for Karnataka assembly elections.
- A whopping 3,374 candidates have filed nominations for the May 12 Karnataka assembly elections.
- According to the ECs data, of the total nominees, 250 were from the ruling Congress, 282 from the opposition Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP), 231 from Janata Dal-Secular (JD-S), 1,673 from Independents and 938 from regional parties.
- Nominations, which began on April 17 after the elections in a single phase across the state was notified, ended on Tuesday.
- Congress has fielded a total of 16 women, BJP 17 and JD-S 14. In addition, 90 women have filed their nominations as Independents from various constituencies.
India, Malaysia to hold military exercise.
- The Indian and Malaysian armies will hold a two-week military exercise beginning April 30 in Malaysia.
- The joint exercise ‘Harimau Shakti’ will take place in the dense forests of Sengai Perdik in Hulu Langat district of Malaysia.
- The Malaysian contingent is being represented by soldiers from 1 Royal Ranger Regiment and the Royal Malay Regiment.
India, China to resume annual military exercise later this year.
- Suspended after the Doklam face-off, the bilateral military exercise of India and China is likely to resume this year.
- The exercise ‘Hand-in-Hand’ between the armies of the two countries will take place within next 4-5 months in China.
- Sitharaman was in Beijing to attend a meeting of defence ministers of SCO (Shanghai Cooperation Organisation) countries.
- China to host the annual exercise in 2017 but it did not take place due to the Doklam standoff.
India’s ranking in press freedom falls two places to 138.
- India’s ranking in the Press Freedom Index has fallen two places to 138, a watchdog said on Wednesday in an annual report.
- Norway tops the list of having the world’s freest press for the second year in a row, as per the Reporters Without Borders (RSF).
- India’s ranking has fallen two places to 138th position in a ranking of 180 countries.
Latest International Current Affairs April 26 Updates from around the globe.
China opens its first bank without bankers.
- A state-owned Chinese bank has opened an automated branch equipped with facial-scanning software.
- The branch opened last week in central Shanghai’s Huangpu district and is being hyped as China’s first “unmanned bank.”
- Beijing-based China Construction Bank says the high-tech branch is meant to make banking more convenient, personalised, and efficient.
EU, Iran oppose Macron’s offer of a new deal to Trump.
- French President Emmanuel Macron’s offer of a four-pillar “new deal with Iran” made during his talks with US President Donald Trump.
- The Joint Comprehensive Plans of Action was signed by the US, UK, France, China and Russia, Germany and the EU on side and Iran on the other and went into effect in 2016.
- Trump has threatened to not sign the certification due on May 12, which might lead to the US snapping back sanctions on Iran and killing the deal.
British Sikh MP launches campaign for direct Amritsar-London flights.
- Britain’s first turbaned Sikh MP Tanmanjeet Singh Dhesi, along with two NGOs, has started a campaign for the launch of a direct flight between London and Amritsar.
- The Labour party MP for Slough joined hands with the UK-based NGO, Social Education Volunteer Association (SEVA) Trust and the UK chapter of the Amritsar Vikas Manch.
- In 2016, even with no direct connectivity, approximately 1.89 lakh passengers (517 per day) travelled between Amritsar and the UK as transit passengers.
Check out the latest trending business Current Affairs April 26 updates by reading the news.
Indus Towers, Bharti Infratel merging to become largest tower company outside China.
- Indus Towers and Bharti Infratel Ltd agreed to combine operations in a deal that will create the world’s second-largest mobile masts company.
- The combined company, which will lag only China Tower, will remain listed on Indian bourses.
- It will have a nationwide presence with more than 163,000 towers, the owners of both companies said in a joint statement.
- Top Indian telecoms carrier Bharti Airtel, the majority owner of Bharti Infratel, will end up with a stake of 33.8 percent to 37.2 percent.
Airbus, Dassault agree on a partnership for new fighter jet project.
- Airbus and Dassault Aviation have signed an initial agreement to cooperate on Europe’s Future Air Combat System (FCAS), the two companies said on Wednesday.
- They are awaiting details from the French and German governments on the exact requirements for the programme.
- Germany and France have agreed on the central requirements for a new fighter jet to replace Eurofighter Typhoon and Rafale warplanes beginning in 2040.
- The two companies want to ensure that Europe retains control over its future weapons systems, Eric Trappier, CEO of Dassault Aviation said.
Microsoft India most attractive employer brand: Randstad survey.
- Technology giant Microsoft India is the most ‘attractive employer brand’, followed by e-commerce major Amazon India, says a survey.
- According to the findings of Randstad Employer Brand Research (REBR) 2018, the other most attractive employer brands in India include Hindustan Unilever, IBM India, ITC Group.
- The REBR covered 75 percent of the global economy with 30 participating countries and more than 1,75,000 respondents worldwide.
- The Twitter is also giving users more control over how it shares certain non-public data.
- The updates will take effect on May 25, when the GDPR comes into force and will apply globally.
Current Affairs April 26 is bringing you with Records, titles and other updates from the world of sports.
Afghanistan not to play India in Tests in next FTP.
- Afghanistan is set to take on India in its historic Test debut in Bengaluru from June 14
- But the two teams will not face each other in the longer format as per the new proposed FTP
- The Afghanistan Cricket Board (ACB) has failed to secure any other series against India.
Gautam Gambhir steps down as Delhi Daredevils captain amid dismal season.
- Gautam Gambhir has stepped down as captain of Delhi Daredevils with immediate effect, six matches into another disappointing IPL season.
- Shreyas Iyer is the new skipper of the struggling Daredevils who coming off the 2017 IPL season.
- The press briefing was also attended by franchise CEO Hemant Dua and coach Ricky Ponting.
Pakistan, India set to clash again in ICC Cricket World Cup 2019.
- India will square off against Pakistan at Old Trafford on June 16 in one of the much-awaited clashes of the ICC World Cup 2019.
- India will meet Pakistan two years after their clash in the finals of the 2017 ICC Champions Trophy.
- The most prestigious event will begin with a clash between England and South Africa at The Oval, London on May 30.
- Meanwhile, arch-rivals England and Australia will face each other at Lord’s Cricket Ground on June 19.
IPL 2019 will be a shift to UAE due to 2019 national elections.
- The next season of the IPL will be partly shifted to the UAE due to the general elections next year.
- It is learnt that an informal discussion in this regard took place between the BCCI and the Emirates Cricket Board.
- The league will start from March 29 to May 19. This paper has learnt that in 2014, the IPL had to pay $150,000 per match day (one match) to the Emirates Cricket Board.
Telugu Desam Party leader Anam Vivekananda passes away.
- Telugu Desam Party (TDP) leader, Anam Vivekananda Reddy, passed away early this morning.
- Anam was elected to Andhra Pradesh (AP) Assembly thrice. He was one of the foremost party leaders who had been very active in his native Nellore district.
- Anam, a long-time Congressman, left the party post-bifurcation and joined the Telugu Desam Party.
Links Related to Current Affairs April 26:
|Current Affairs | 25-April-2018||Current Affairs | 24-April-2018|
|April 2018 Current Affairs||Current Affairs PDF March 2018|
|Current Affairs 2017 & 2016||Current Affairs Quiz 2017 & 2016|
Candidates hoping to get Government Jobs can get more details about the Current updates from above links. You can read some latest Current Affairs, and attempt Current Affairs Quiz which helps you to crack various Competitive Exams. Make use of our Current Affairs April 26 and current affairs India 2018 for better scoring in exams. Users will be benefited with the free month wise Current Affairs PDF and Updates available for download. The Free Quizzes & GK Questions available in this Affairs Section will benefit all the career hopefuls to get their desired Sarkari Naukri. This current affairs daily page is well created by the dedicated team members of recruitment.guru. Make use of Current Affairs April 26.