Daily Current Affairs April 27
Have complete information about National News by reading below Current Affairs April 27
Google doodle celebrates Jnanpith Award-winning poet Mahadevi Varma.
- Google Doodle on Friday celebrated Mahadevi Varma, a Jnanpith Award-winning Hindi poet, freedom fighter and champion of women’s rights.
- Varma is counted among the four proponents of the Chhayavad movement in Hindi poetry.
- She received the Jnanpith Award on this date in 1982 for her immense contribution to Indian literature.
- She was also honored with Padma Bhushan in 1956, Sahitya Akademi Fellowship in 1979, and Padma Vibhushan in 1988.
PM Modi leaves for Wuhan for the informal summit with Chinese President Xi.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Thursday left for the central Chinese city of Wuhan for a two-day-long informal summit with Chinese President Xi Jinping.
- It is expected to improve bilateral ties hit by a tense border standoff in Doklam and differences over several sticky issues.
- India has also been severely critical of China’s Belt and Road Initiative (BRI) as the $50 billion China Pakistan Economic Corridor, which is part of the BRI project.
- India says it cannot accept a project that ignores its core concern for sovereignty and territorial integrity.
Rajnath Singh chairs the 23rd meeting of the western zonal council in Gandhinagar.
- The 23rd meeting of the Western Zonal Council was held at Gandhinagar, Gujarat on Thursday.
- The chief ministers of Maharashtra and Gujarat, ministers of Gujarat, Maharashtra, Goa, administrator of the Union territories attends the meeting.
- Rajnath Singh reiterated the Centre’s resolve to promote cooperative federalism with the states.
Bypoll to Kairana Lok Sabha seat on May 28.
- The Election Commission on Thursday announces bypolls to four Lok Sabhas seats, including Kairana in Uttar Pradesh, and 10 assembly constituencies on Thursday.
- Elections will take place on May 28 and results will release on May 31.
- In addition to Kairana, Lok Sabha byelections will take place for the Bhandara-Gondiya and Palghar seats in Maharashtra and the Nagaland constituency.
West Bengal panchayat polls to take place on May 14: State election panel.
- West Bengal panchayat elections will be held on May 14, the state election commission said on Thursday.
- Before the polling process was stalled following opposition parties moving the Calcutta high court, alleging widespread violence.
- The elections will take place on May 14. Repoll, if any, will take place on May 16. The date of counting is yet to be made.
India to get national database on disasters by 2020.
- India will get a national database on disasters, which includes information on deaths, people affected and economic losses, by 2020.
- Although scattered data has been available at the state level for many decades now, much of it is not digitized or easily usable in a nationwide database.
- India is affected by over 30 types of disasters, including droughts, cyclones, and earthquakes. Urban disasters such as slum fires are also emerging as a major area of concern.
Latest International Current Affairs April 27 Updates from around the globe.
Armenian parliament calls for PM vote for next week.
- The Armenian parliament on Thursday called for an extraordinary session next week to vote for a new prime minister.
- Serzh Sargsyan, who ruled the country for ten years before moving into the prime minister’s seat, surprised many when he stepped down Monday amid massive anti-government protests.
- Tens of thousands of opposition supporters rallied in the Armenian capital Yerevan Wednesday, calling for Pashinian to become prime minister.
Trump to visit Britain, hold talks with Theresa May on July 13.
- US President Donald Trump will travel to Britain in July for a working visit with Prime Minister Theresa May.
- Representatives for the White House and 10 Downing Street said Trump would visit the United Kingdom on July 13.
- It was also not immediately clear how long Trump would stay on his visit, which would come more than a year after taking office.
Mike Pompeo confirmed US sec of state after the rocky hearing.
- Mike Pompeo was on Thursday conforms as the US secretary of state, with the Senate voting 57-42 in his favor.
- He succeeded Rex Tillerson, who had had a tumultuous tenure marked by clashes with President Donald Trump.
- India had been watching the process closely as the confirmation will determine the timing for the first 2+2 dialogue between India and US’s foreign and defense ministers.
Check out the latest trending business Current Affairs April 27 updates by reading the news.
Syrma technology to invest $10 m in the 5th unit.
- The San Jose-based electronics manufacturer Syrma Technology, on Thursday announced its foray into the Indian market.
- It is opening its fifth manufacturing unit in India that would manufacture components for industries in the domestic market.
- We are making an investment of $2.5 million initially and are committing to $10 million in the next 2 years.
TCS is first Indian firm to close the trading session with $100 bn market cap.
- IT bellwether Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) on Thursday became the first Indian company to close the trading session with over $100 billion market valuation.
- It had become the first Indian IT company on Monday to cross the $100 billion mark in market capitalization (m-cap) in intra-day trade.
- Before TCS, Reliance Industries Ltd had breached the mark in intra-day trade on October 18, 2007.
Volkswagen open to partnership with Tata Motors for budget cars.
- Volkswagen AG signaled it remains open for a tie-up with another automaker in India, including Tata Motors Ltd.
- The German manufacturer works on a strategy to bring affordable cars to millions of cost-conscious buyers in the country.
- A planned alliance with Tata got last year and aims to achieve cost savings and technical synergies, but was scrapped in five months.
Indu Malhotra takes the appointment as Supreme Court judge, the first woman to make it from Bar.
- Senior advocate Indu Malhotra takes the appointment in the office by Chief Justice Dipak Misra today morning at the Supreme Court.
- She is the first woman lawyer to enter the top judiciary directly.
- 61-year old Malhotra’s name, cleared by the government, was one of the two recommended by the Collegium to be elevated to the apex court bench.
NHAI inks pact with Macquarie.
- The National Highways Authority of India (NHAI) today entered into a pact with Macquarie for road projects.
- Agreement (has been signed) with Macquarie for the first bundle (of highway projects) USD 1.5 billion one of the highest FDI in highways.
- Against NHAI’s expectations of Rs 6,258 crore, the winning bid was for Rs 9,681.5 crore.
Current Affairs April 27 is bringing you with Records, titles and other updates from the world of sports.
India to fight for bronze at Archery World Cup.
- The men’s and women’s teams will play off for bronze on Friday after losing in the semifinals.
- The men’s compound team of Abhishek Verma, Rajat Chauhan, and Srither Raju went down 233-236 to Korea.
- While their female counterparts Jyothi Surekha, Muskan Kirar and Madhumita Kumari lost 227-228 to Russia.
Gaurav Bidhuri, Sonia Lather nominated for Arjuna Award by BFI.
- Championship bronze-medallist Gaurav Bidhuri and Asian silver-medallist Sonia Lather were nominated by the Boxing Federation of India (BFI) for this year’s Arjuna Awards.
- Women’s chief coach Shiv Singh, and his assistants Bhaskar Bhatt and Sandhya Gurung got the nomination for the Dronacharya award.
- Former Commonwealth Games silver-medallist L Devendro Singh was the lone boxer to win the Arjuna award last year.
Ankit Rajpoot creates history, takes 5/14 for Kings XI Punjab.
- The 24-year-old pacer has a match haul of 5/14 against Sunrisers Hyderabad, he jolted the hosts and silenced the crowd.
- It was only after two crucial stands that Manish Pandey was part of, with Shakib Al Hasan and Yusuf Pathan, that Sunrisers Hyderabad reached 132/6 in 20 overs.
- Rajpoot gets his five-wicket haul on the last ball as he got Mohammed Nabi’s wicket.
Links Related to Current Affairs April 27:
|Current Affairs | 26-April-2018||Current Affairs | 25-April-2018|
|April 2018 Current Affairs||Current Affairs PDF March 2018|
|Current Affairs 2017 & 2016||Current Affairs Quiz 2017 & 2016|
Candidates hoping to get Government Jobs can get more details about the Current updates from above links. You can read some latest Current Affairs, and attempt Current Affairs Quiz which helps you to crack various Competitive Exams. Make use of our Current Affairs April 27 and current affairs India 2018 for better scoring in exams. Users will be benefited with the free month wise Current Affairs PDF and Updates available for download. The Free Quizzes & GK Questions available in this Affairs Section will benefit all the career hopefuls to get their desired Sarkari Naukri. This current affairs daily page is well created by the dedicated team members of recruitment.guru. Make use of Current Affairs April 27.