Daily Current Affairs April 29
Read the complete details regarding the National News provided below Current Affairs April 29
Ram Nath Kovind visits Madhya Pradesh.
- President of India, Ram Nath Kovind, visited Madhya Pradesh on 28th and 29th April 2018.
- The visit was to grace the 27th convocation of Dr. Harisingh Gour Vishwavidyalaya, Sagar.
- Also, he attends the Satguru Kabir Saheb Mahotsav in Sagar on the occasion of 620th Pragatosav of Satguru Kabir.
- On 29th April 2018, he attended the Asangathit Shramik Sammelan organized in Guna district by Madhya Pradesh Government.
- He also talked in a function related to the mission called Mini Smart City Mission of Government of Madhya Pradesh.
The government of Delhi decided to set up Rogi Kalyan Samiti in every Assembly Constituency.
- In each Assembly Constituency, the Delhi Govt will set up ‘Rogi Kalyan Samitis’, and in state-run dispensaries, polyclinics and mohalla clinics, ‘Jan Swasthaya Samitis’ will set up in order to offer to fund to the health institution.
- To initiate the support, Delhi Health and Family Welfare Department have issued an official order regarding this.
- Every year, Assembly Rogi Kalyan Samiti’ and ‘Jan Swasthaya Samiti’ will receive Rs 3 lakh.
Andhra Pradesh Government initiates ‘Bhu Seva’ to offer integrated land services.
- Deputy Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh, K E Krishnamurthy initiated a new land service project called ‘Bhu Seva’.
- With this project, each land parcel will get a Bhudhar Number.
- Just like Aadhar Card, it has 11 digit unique numbers which will help in identification of the land.
Indian Government is all set to launch National Disaster Database.
- Government is launching a uniform and credible national-level disaster database on UN Office for Disaster Risk Reduction (UNISDR’s).
- This database will keep a record of nationwide losses of properties and lives occurred due to the disasters.
Check the Latest International Current Affairs April 29 Updates from around the globe.
International Dance Day/ World Dance Day celebrated all over the world.
- Introduced in 1982 by the International Dance Committee of the UNISCO International Theatre Institute.
- It is celebrated to give tribute to the French dancer, great performer, and a ballet master Jean-Georges Noverre.
Kim Jong-un to change the country’s clocks 30 minutes forward.
- North Korean leader Kim Jong Un decided to move the country’s clocks 30 minutes forward to unify with the South’s time zone.
Banking, Business & Finance News
Check out the latest trending business Current Affairs April 29 updates by reading the news.
Paytm launches a new payment mode called Paytm Tap Card.
- Paytm has launched a new service making payment in pilot mode in Chennai.
- The card uses a unique technology called Near Field Communication (NFC).
- The user can simply scan the QR Code on the card to transfer money from Paytm wallet without the need for the internet connection.
- It is India’s first truly offline payments solutions – according to the Paytm.
DGGST issued show cause notices to India’s top Banks.
- The Directorate General of Goods and Services Tax Intelligence (DGGST) has issued a show cause notices to India’s top Banks, demanding them to pay service tax, interests, and penalties on the free services provided to their customers.
- The banks include State Bank of India (SBI), ICICI Bank, HDFC Bank, Kotak Mahindra Bank, and Axis Bank.
Indian Government collects Rs 7.41 trillion from GST.
- According to the report shared by Union Finance Ministry, Government has collected an amount of Rs 7.41 trillion in taxes in the first year of the Goods and Services Tax (GST) ending March 31, 2018.
- This total amount includes Rs 1.19 trillion of Central Goods and Services Tax (CGST), Rs 1.72 trillion of State Goods and Services Tax (SGST), Rs 3.66 trillion of Integrated Goods and Services Tax (IGST) and Rs 620.21 billion of cess for first 8 months and Rs 240 billion addition for March 2018.
Appointment and Resigns Affairs
IndiGo hires Rahul Bhatia as interim CEO.
- IndiGo’s president Aditya Ghosh resigned from the post of President on April 27, 2018.
- The company hired Rahul Bhatia as the new interim Chief Executive Officer.
Saudi Aramco appointed their new Director.
- Saudi Aramco is the world’s largest oil producer.
- The hired Lynn Laverty Elsenhans as their new Director.
- She became the first-ever female director of the organization. SBI reshuffled the roles of its top management.
India’s largest bank reshuffled the work role of their top management.
- Padmaja Chunduru, who was in charge of digital banking and new businesses, will now be in charge of SBI’s global treasury operations while C Venkat Nageswar, who was in charge of global treasury operations, will be the new MD & CEO of SBI Capital Markets.
- PN Prasad, who was heading the mid-corporate group, will be the chief risk officer while DA Tambe will be the new chief information officer.
- Also, Sanjeev Nautiyal is appointed as the CEO of SBI Life.
Current Affairs April 29 is bringing you with Records, titles and other updates from the world of sports.
Indian contingent finished the Belgrade International Boxing Tournament with 13 medals.
- Indian contingent bags 13 medals which include 3 gold medals, 5 silver medals, and 5 bronze medals.
- Gold medal winners are Sumit Sangwan, Himanshu Sharma, Nikhat Zareen.
Rafael Nadal won his 44th consecutive set on clay and registered his 400th win on the surface.
- Rafael Nadal is world number one and 16-time Grand Slam Champion.
- He achieved his 44th consecutive set on clay by defeating world number 10 David Goffin in the Barcelona Open semi-Final.
Parijat Industries (India) Pvt Ltd got NSCI “Sarvashrestha Suraksha Puraskar” Award.
- An Indian Agrochemical Company, Parijat Industries (India) Pvt Ltd got a prestigious award called “Sarvashrestha Suraksha Puraskar” for the year 2017.
- The award was handed by Santosh Kumar Gangwar, Minister of State in the Ministry of Labor and Employment, at an event in New Delhi.
- The company awarded this award for their consistent and effective operational safety, performance and executing occupational safety and health (OSH) management system procedures at Parijat Industries (India)’s manufacturing plant at Ambala.
Links Related to Current Affairs April 29:
|Current Affairs | 28-April-2018||Current Affairs | 27-April-2018|
|April 2018 Current Affairs||Current Affairs PDF March 2018|
|Current Affairs 2017 & 2016||Current Affairs Quiz 2017 & 2016|
Candidates preparing for the Government Jobs can check the complete details regarding Current Affairs from above links. It is very important to stay updated with the latest Current Affairs, and also attempt Current Affairs Quiz provided here. Practicing daily quiz can help them to crack any competitive exams. Make use of our Current Affairs April 29 and current affairs India 2018 to score good marks in the exams. Aspirants can definitely make use of this and also get benefited with the free month wise Current Affairs PDF and Updates available here for free download. The Free Quizzes & GK Questions available in this Affairs Section will help all the job seekers to get their desired Sarkari Naukri. This current affairs daily page is well created by the dedicated team members of recruitment.guru. Make use of Current Affairs April 29.