Daily Current Affairs April 3
Have complete information about National News by reading below Current Affairs April 3
Siddaramaiah to file Nomination papers on April 23.
- Chief Minister Siddaramaiah said that he will file his nomination paper to contest from Chamundeshwari segment in the fourth week of April.
- During his campaigning in the segment, he told the villagers that he will file the nomination paper on April 23.
- The poll notification will be issued on April 17, and the last date to file papers is April 24.
- Speaking during the campaign, he attacked JD(S) in his attempt to win from Chamundeshwari segment, saying the secular party has lost its strength.
Efforts on to establish contact with GSAT-6A: Isro.
- Space scientists were continuing efforts to establish contact with the country’s snag-hit latest communication satellite GSAT-6A.
- GSAT-6A lost contact with the ground station two days after it was launched on March 29 in a flawless mission from the spaceport of Sriharikota.
- Isro chairman K Sivan has said preliminary data shows that there are chances of recovery, but establishing a link with the satellite was the key.
- GSAT-6A, with a mission life of about 10 years, is designed to provide thrust to mobile communication through multi-beam coverage facility.
India-Korea coast guard ships brace for joint exercise off Chennai coast.
- Korea Coast Guard and India Coast Guard are looking at joint search and rescue exercise and friendly visits to strength the bilateral ties.
- A Korea Coast Guard training ship Badaro reached Chennai on Monday to take part in a joint exercise – Sahyog –Hyeoblyeog 2018 which will be held on April 5.
- The match will be on Tuesday while a social interaction between the personnel of both the Coast Guard has been arranged on April 4.
India-Japan-US trilateral in New Delhi ahead of the Trump-Abe summit.
- New Delhi will host the strategically important trilateral dialogue between India, Japan and the US this week.
- During the two-day summit on April 17 and 18, the two leaders will reaffirm the US-Japan alliance as a cornerstone of peace.
- On April 6, Wells will participate in the India-US Forum, hosted by the Ananta Centre.
- The India-Japan-US trilateral was launched in December 2011 when Hillary Clinton was the Secretary of State.
Foreign secretary Vijay Gokhale visits Bhutan.
- Foreign secretary Vijay Gokhale held extensive talks with the leadership of Bhutanese government on important bilateral and regional issues during his two-day visit to Bhutan.
- The visit comes in the wake of India and China recalibrating the ties and the Himalayan kingdom.
India moves to strengthen the relationship with Palestine.
- India may have no plans to recognise East Jerusalem as the capital of Palestine but the government is stepping up ties with that country.
- Implementation of all the 11 pacts signed during Prime Minister Narendra Modi and former president Pranab Mukherjee’s visits to the West Asian country is a top priority with the government.
Latest International Current Affairs April 3 Updates from around the globe.
US, South Korea kick off annual joint military exercises after a month-long delay.
- South Korea and the United States kicked off their annual joint military exercises after they were delayed by about a month.
- The Foal Eagle field exercise, which usually involves combined ground, air, naval and special operations troops, will continue for a month.
- The computer-simulated Key Resolve will be held for two weeks starting in mid-April.
NASA completes test launch of parachute meant for Mars landing.
- A supersonic parachute that will help NASA missions to land on Mars, was successfully launched into the sky during a key test.
- The Advanced Supersonic Parachute Inflation Research Experiment (ASPIRE) took a launch aboard a sounding rocket on March 31.
- The successful launch came after several days of delays due to rough seas at the parachute’s recovery zone in the Atlantic Ocean.
Egypt’s President Sisi wins re-election with 97% of the vote.
- Egyptian President Abdel Fattah al-Sisi has been re-elected with 97 percent of votes, the same proportion that the former military commander secured four years ago.
- Turnout was 41 percent, despite efforts to get as many Egyptians as possible to polling stations during last week’s vote.
- Sisi won a total of 21.8 million votes compared with 656,534 for his opponent, Moussa Mostafa Moussa, whose tally was less than the 1.8 million spoiled ballots.
Check out the latest trending business Current Affairs April 3 updates by reading the news.
Gurupratap Boparai takes over as Skoda Auto India MD.
- Czech carmaker Skoda on Monday said Gurpratap Boparai has taken charge as the Managing Director of its Indian arm Skoda Auto India Private Ltd.
- In his new role, Boparai will be reporting directly to Skoda Auto CEO Bernhard Maier, the company said in a statement.
- In 2017, the company’s sales in India grew by around 30 percent at 17,438 units.
- Volkswagen India also announced the appointment of Bishwajeet Samal as marketing head of its India operations with effect from June this year.
Bahrain discovers the largest oilfield in its history.
- Bahrain said it had discovered the country’s largest oilfield in decades, located off the west coast of the kingdom.
- The new light shale oil and gas resource will contain many times the amount of oil produced by Bahrain’s only existing oilfield.
- The oil discovery is the kingdom’s largest since 1932, BNA said. It did not give any details on the oil reserves discovered.
MS Dhoni, Pankaj Advani receive Padma Bhushan at Rashtrapati Bhavan.
- Former Indian captain MS Dhoni and star cueist Pankaj Advani received Padma Bhushan awards at the Rashtrapati Bhavan on Monday.
- Both Dhoni and Advani have accumulated a host of accolades in their respective careers.
- Advani is one of the best billiards/snooker players to have ever come out of India.
- He has won eight world titles in as many years and a total of 19.
Current Affairs April 3 is bringing you with Records, titles and other updates from the world of sports.
James Anderson becomes most over-worked seam bowler in Test cricket history.
- England quick James Anderson became the most over-worked seam bowler in Test cricket history on Tuesday when he fired down his 30,020th delivery.
- He overtook the previous record of 30,019 held by West Indies great Courtney Walsh who retired in 2001.
- Walsh in his career took 519 wickets at 24.44 while Anderson has 531 dismissals at 27.34.
South African anti-apartheid campaigner Winnie Mandela dies at 81.
- Anti-apartheid activist Winnie Madikizela-Mandela, wife of Nelson Mandela during his decades of imprisonment, died on Monday.
- She fought valiantly against the apartheid state and sacrificed her life for the freedom of the country.
- Madikizela-Mandela was jailed several times for her part in the fight against white-minority rule.
Links Related to Current Affairs April 3:
|Current Affairs | 02-April-2018||Current Affairs | 01-April-2018|
|April 2018 Current Affairs||Current Affairs PDF March 2018|
|Current Affairs 2017 & 2016||Current Affairs Quiz 2017 & 2016|
Candidates hoping to get Government Jobs can get more details about the Current updates from above links. You can read some latest Current Affairs, and attempt Current Affairs Quiz which helps you to crack various Competitive Exams. Make use of our Current Affairs April 3 and current affairs India 2018 for better scoring in exams. Users will be benefited with the free month wise Current Affairs PDF and Updates available for download. The Free Quizzes & GK Questions available in this Affairs Section will benefit all the career hopefuls to get their desired Sarkari Naukri. This current affairs daily page is well created by the dedicated team members of recruitment.guru. Make use of Current Affairs April 3.