Daily Current Affairs April 4
Have complete information about National News by reading below Current Affairs April 4
Article 370 has acquired permanent status: Supreme Court.
- The Supreme Court on Tuesday said Article 370 of the Constitution, conferring special status on Jammu and Kashmir had acquired permanent status through years of existence.
- The observation came from a bench of Justices Adarsh K Goel and R F Nariman on a petition by Kumari Vijayalakshmi Jha.
- Mehta said the Centre would study the implication of the 2017 judgment, which was on the applicability of Sarfaesi Act (bank securitisation law) to J&K.
Amit Shah on two-day Odisha visit from today.
- BJP president Amit Shah will be on a two-day visit to Odisha starting from today.
- During his visit, Amit Shah will address a public meeting at Bhawanipatna in Kalahandi district and a Yuva Maha Samavesh in Balangir district.
- He will also attend the foundation stone laying ceremony of the party office in Balangir district.
- BJP has emerged as the strongest challenger to the ruling BJD in the state in the last few years replacing the Congress.
Army Medical Corps celebrates 254th raising day.
- All medical units of the Indian army, including those in Pune, celebrated the 254th raising day of the Army Medical Corps on Tuesday.
- The history of the Indian Medical Services dates back to 1612 when on the formation of the East India Company.
- The Corps was renamed as “Army Medical Corps” (AMC) on adoption of the Constitution of India on 26 January 1950.
Nalsar ranked 3rd best law institute.
- The Nalsar University of Law was ranked third among the top 10 law institutions in the country in the National Institutional Ranking Framework.
- The top spot was bagged by the National Law School of India University, Bengaluru which was followed by the National Law University, New Delhi.
- Nalsar secured a 78.13 score in teaching, learning and resources, 30.45 in research and professional practices, 89.53 in graduation outcomes.
41 take oath as Rajya Sabha members, Jaitley back as leader of House.
- Finance minister Arun Jaitley was once again named the leader of the House as 41 members, including 18 who were re-elected, took oath in the Rajya Sabha on Tuesday.
- Among the ministers who took the oath of affirmation were Union ministers Ravi Shankar Prasad, Prakash Javadekar, Jagat Prakash Nadda and Dharmendra Pradhan.
Latest International Current Affairs April 4 Updates from around the globe.
China to launch two remote sensing satellites for Pakistan in June.
- China will launch two remote sensing satellites for Pakistan in June, the China Academy of Launch Vehicle Technology (CALVT) said on Tuesday.
- It will be the first international commercial launch for a Long March-2C rocket after it carried Motorola’s Iridium satellites into orbit in 1999.
- The rocket will also carry the China-France Oceanography Satellite into space in September this year, state-run Xinhua news agency reported quoting CALVT.
- China had launched Pakistan’s communication Satellite PAKSAT-1R in 2011.
Pakistan PM Shahid Khaqan Abbasi to participate in Boao Forum for Asia.
- Pakistan Prime Minister Shahid Khaqan Abbasi will be among the foreign leaders attending this year’s Boao Forum for Asia.
- Chinese President Xi Jinping will deliver the keynote speech at the opening ceremony of the 2018 BFA.
- The BFA was formed by China in 2001 on the lines in the World Economic Forum’s annual June meeting, also called Summer Davos.
- Xi has invited leaders of the industry from different countries to deliberate on regional and global issues.
Modi, Oli to lay the foundation of a 900MW power project in Nepal.
- Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi and his Nepalese counterpart KP Sharma Oli will jointly lay the foundation stone of the 900 MW Arun III hydropower project.
- Some key agreements are expected to be signed along with the remote laying of the foundation stone of the hydroelectricity project.
- This is the largest hydroelectric project undertaken by the India government in Nepal and it gained momentum after Modi came to power in 2014.
Check out the latest trending business Current Affairs April 4 updates by reading the news.
Marriott 1st int’l chain in India to have 100 hotels.
- Marriott International operates in the country, along with franchises, has touched 100.
- The milestone makes India the third country, after China and the US, where the over $17-billion Marriott has 100 or more properties.
- Marriott, through its 15 brands, has 23,000 rooms in the country, while Indian Hotels has 17,000 rooms.
Jio Payments Bank begins operations.
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) said that Jio Payments Bank has commenced its banking services from Tuesday.
- Reliance Industries Ltd (RIL) was one of the 11 applicants which were issued the in-principle approval for setting up a payments bank in August 2015.
- “Jio Payments Bank Limited has commenced operations as a payments bank with effect from April 3, 2018,” RBI said in a notification.
- Telecom major Bharti Airtel was the first to begin payment bank services in November 2016.
IndusInd first bank to use WhatsApp for basic services.
- IndusInd Bank has become the first lender to start using WhatsApp enterprise solution to provide basic banking services to customers.
- Using the widely-used messaging service, customers can check their balance, obtain a mini statement, check reward points as well as update Aadhaar.
- In India, BookMyShow recently started using the platform to communicate with customers.
Indian Army, HDFC Bank ink MoU on defence salary package.
- A Memorandum of Undertaking (MoU) tailor-made to suit the requirements of serving soldiers was signed between the Indian Army and HDFC Bank.
- The first MoU between HDFC Bank and the Indian Army was signed in 2011 and was renewed on 13th March 2015.
- At present, Indian Army has MoUs on defence salary package with 11 public and private sector banks.
Himanta Biswa Sarma takes the appointment as president of Badminton Association of India.
- Himanta Biswa Sarma has been elected as the president of the Badminton Association of India.
- He took over as the interim president of BAI last year after the demise of former president Akhilesh Das Gupta.
- Former Tamil Nadu Badminton Association president and former Union minister, Anbumani Ramadoss was elected as the treasurer uncontested.
Current Affairs April 4 is bringing you with Records, titles and other updates from the world of sports.
Aashish Kapoor replaces Venkatesh Prasad in BCCI junior selection panel.
- Former India player Aashish Kapoor was named as a replacement of Venkatesh Prasad in the three-member All-India Junior Selection Committee of the BCCI.
- Kapoor was a part of the original five-member panel selected in 2016 but was later kept out as BCCI pruned it to three as per Lodha panel diktat.
- Gyanendra Pandey and Rakesh Parikh are the other two members of the selection panel.
- The former off-spinner, Kapoor played four Tests and 17 ODIs for India, including the 1996 ICC World Cup.
- He has also played 128 first-class games and 93 List A matches.
Ronaldo lauded after ‘most beautiful goal’ buries Juventus.
- Cristiano Ronaldo scored a record-breaking goal and a stunning overhead bicycle kick to bury Juventus 3-0.
- Ronaldo became the first player to score in 10 consecutive Champions League games.
- Ronaldo has been on a goal-scoring streak of 19 goals in his last nine games for Real.
Mary Kom needs one win to clinch medal on CWG debut.
- MC Mary Kom needs to win just one bout to secure herself a medal in the Commonwealth Games.
- Mary Kom has been pitted against Scotland’s Megan Gordon in the quarterfinals of the 48kg category.
- The 35-year-old is the favourite to claim the gold in a draw which features only eight boxers.
Links Related to Current Affairs April 4:
|Current Affairs | 03-April-2018||Current Affairs | 02-April-2018|
|April 2018 Current Affairs||Current Affairs PDF March 2018|
|Current Affairs 2017 & 2016||Current Affairs Quiz 2017 & 2016|
Candidates hoping to get Government Jobs can get more details about the Current updates from above links. You can read some latest Current Affairs, and attempt Current Affairs Quiz which helps you to crack various Competitive Exams. Make use of our Current Affairs April 4 and current affairs India 2018 for better scoring in exams. Users will be benefited with the free month wise Current Affairs PDF and Updates available for download. The Free Quizzes & GK Questions available in this Affairs Section will benefit all the career hopefuls to get their desired Sarkari Naukri. This current affairs daily page is well created by the dedicated team members of recruitment.guru. Make use of Current Affairs April 4.