Daily Current Affairs April 6
Have complete information about National News by reading below Current Affairs April 6
PM Modi to visit Sweden, the UK from April 16-20.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will pay a five-day visit to Sweden and the UK beginning April 16 with the aim of boosting bilateral cooperation.
- In the UK, the prime minister will also attend the Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting.
- The prime minister will arrive in Stockholm on the evening of April 16 and will have a number of meetings on April 17.
- Modi will also address a gathering of select Swedish business leaders and will also meet the Indian community in Sweden.
Maharashtra Cabinet expansion, reshuffle on the cards.
- A Cabinet expansion and reshuffle of portfolios is high on the agenda of Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis for accommodating three-four new candidates.
- The reshuffle of portfolios will be a “course correction” to spruce up the Cabinet team ahead of the crucial Assembly and Parliament elections in 2019.
- According to the source, the move was planned last November but got delayed.
- The BJP conceded to Sena’s demand to avoid any instability. Instead, Rane was given a seat in the Rajya Sabha.
- The state Cabinet can have a maximum 43 ministers. All four vacancies in the Cabinet are from the BJP’s quota.
Star India and DD to broadcast some matches of the IPL together.
- Viewers of state broadcaster Doordarshan will be able to watch some matches of the Indian Premier League.
- Star India Pvt. Ltd agreed to a 50-50 share of advertising revenue with the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting (MIB).
- Feed on IPL matches will also be shared by Star India with Prasar Bharati to air IPL matches on DD Sports.
- According to this official, Star India had proposed the revenue share from advertising in the ratio of 75: 25 with Prasar Bharati.
PM Modi, Oli to hold discussions about check posts on the Indo-Nepal border.
- Inauguration of the integrated check posts (ICPs) located on the Indo-Nepal border will figure in discussions between Nepal’s Prime Minister KP Oli and his Narendra Modi.
- The talks between the two PM’s will include issues such as agriculture, energy, connectivity, trade investment and ICPs.
- Sashastra Seema Bal is one of the five government institutions responsible for the functioning and security of the ICPs.
Haryana girl aims to become youngest Indian woman to scale Mt Everest.
- The teenager from Hisar in Haryana will begin her climb to the summit in mid-May, officials told PTI.
- Shivangi will tomorrow leave for Lukla, the gateway to the Mount Everest, after obtaining a climbing permit from the Department of Tourism.
- In 1953, Edmund Hillary and Sherpa Tenzing Norgay became the first explorers to reach the summit of Mount Everest.
Latest International Current Affairs April 6 Updates from around the globe.
Saudi Arabia to open first cinema screens on April 18 after 35 years.
- Saudi Arabia will open its first cinema in over 35 years on April 18 as part of a deal with the world’s biggest cinema chain AMC to open up to 40 theatres in some 15 Saudi cities.
- The Saudi Ministry of Culture and Information granted on Wednesday the first licence to America’s AMC to operate a theatre.
- The past year witnessed the start of a huge drive to bring entertainment to Saudi Arabia as part of Vision 2030.
- According to Saudi Gazette, about 350 movie theatres with over 2,500 screens will be opened by 2030.
Oli to raise the issue of demonetised Indian notes with Modi.
- Nepal’s Prime Minister KP Sharma Oli will raise the issue of demonetised Indian bank notes worth an estimated $108 million.
- The issue has been pending for 17 months since India withdrew old currency notes of Rs 500 and Rs 1,000 denominations and issued fresh ones.
- The Nepal Rastra Bank (NRB) and the Reserve Bank of India have prepared reports on the demonetisation of Rs 500 and Rs 1,000 notes.
Saudi prince to make an official visit to France next week.
- Saudi Arabia’s Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman will make an official visit next week to France.
- The New York Times reported in December that Prince Salman was the owner of the opulent Chateau Louis XIV near Louveciennes.
- The United Nations calls the civil war the world’s worst humanitarian crisis, with 22.5 million people in need of aid.
Emir of Qatar to visit White House next week.
- The Emir of Qatar (KUH’-tur) will be meeting with President Donald Trump at the White House next week.
- White House spokeswoman Sarah Huckabee Sanders says Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani will be meeting with Trump on April 10.
- Qatar has been under siege since early June, when the UAE, Saudi Arabia, and its other neighbours severed ties over claims.
Check out the latest trending business Current Affairs April 6 updates by reading the news.
DoT issues 13-digit numbers to telcos for M2M network trials.
- The Department of Telecom has issued 13-digit numbers to telecom operators for the trial of machine-to-machine (M2M) communications like smart electric metres and car tracking devices.
- The 13-digit numbers have been allocated to state-run firm BSNL and private telecom operators Bharti Airtel, Reliance Jio, Idea Cellular and Vodafone for testing purposes only.
- M2M communication, a new-age technology, is at the heart of concepts such as smart homes and smart cars.
China announces additional tariffs on $50 billion of US goods.
- China will impose additional tariffs of 25 percent on 106 US goods including soybeans, autos, chemicals, some types of aircraft and corn products.
- The products targeted by the tariffs were worth $50 billion in 2017, according to a separate statement from the commerce ministry.
- US orange juice, certain sorghum products, cotton, some types of wheat, as well as trucks, some SUVs, certain electric vehicles.
Ola to offer in-trip insurance to riders starting Re 1.
- Cab aggregator Ola on Thursday said it will offer in-trip insurance cover to riders, who can avail the service by paying Re 1 for intra-city travel.
- Ola has partnered with Acko General Insurance and ICICI Lombard General Insurance to launch the program across over 110 cities in the country.
- Commuters can opt for an in-trip insurance cover at a premium of Re 1 per ride for intra-city travel, Rs 10 for Ola Rentals and Rs 15 for Ola outstation rides.
- The facility would be available to all users, including cabs, auto, kaali-peeli, and e-rickshaws.
Current Affairs April 6 is bringing you with Records, titles and other updates from the world of sports.
Kagiso Rabada ruled out of IPL with the back injury.
- The world’s top-ranked Test bowler Kagiso Rabada has been ruled out of the Indian Premier League.
- Rabada was due to play for the Delhi Daredevils in this year’s IPL Twenty20 competition.
- Rabada was the leading wicket-taker in South Africa’s recent 3-1 home Test series win over Australia with 23 at an average of 19.26.
Star Sports India bags BCCI media rights for Rs 6138.1 crore.
- Broadcasting giant Star India bagged the media rights of the national team’s home series.
- They also bagged domestic cricket for the next five years by shelling out a staggering Rs 6138.1 crore.
- It was for the first time that BCCI staged an e-auction to sell the home media rights.
- They also own the rights for all ICC tournaments (men’s and women’s 50-over World Cup, World T20).
- The GCR comprise TV broadcast rights as well as digital rights for the Indian subcontinent as well as the Rest of the World (RoW).
Sanjita Chanu wins the second gold medal for India at CWG 2018.
- Sanjita Chanu struck her second consecutive gold medal on the 2nd day of the CWG 2018 at Gold Coast.
- The Manipuri athlete created a CWG record in Snatch, lifting a total of 84 kg, and then lifted 108 kg on her way to get to a total lift of 192 kg.
- She became the third weightlifter for the country to win a medal at Gold Coast.
AC Milan extend coach Gennaro Gattuso’s contract until 2021.
- AC Milan has extended coach Gennaro Gattuso’s contract for another three seasons to 2021.
- Gattuso had never coached a Serie A team before he was promoted from the youth side in November.
- He was initially appointed until the end of the season but will now be in charge until the end of the 2020/21 campaign.
Links Related to Current Affairs April 6:
|Current Affairs | 05-April-2018||Current Affairs | 04-April-2018|
|April 2018 Current Affairs||Current Affairs PDF March 2018|
|Current Affairs 2017 & 2016||Current Affairs Quiz 2017 & 2016|
Candidates hoping to get Government Jobs can get more details about the Current updates from above links. You can read some latest Current Affairs, and attempt Current Affairs Quiz which helps you to crack various Competitive Exams. Make use of our Current Affairs April 6 and current affairs India 2018 for better scoring in exams. Users will be benefited with the free month wise Current Affairs PDF and Updates available for download. The Free Quizzes & GK Questions available in this Affairs Section will benefit all the career hopefuls to get their desired Sarkari Naukri. This current affairs daily page is well created by the dedicated team members of recruitment.guru. Make use of Current Affairs April 6.