Daily Current Affairs April 7
Have complete information about National News by reading below Current Affairs April 7
Indian Air Force to get 110 Fighter Jets for $20 billion.
- India will be procuring 110 fighter Jets for the Indian Air Force for approximately $20 billion.
- The Government has re-invited aviation companies to compete for producing fighter jets in India under the government’s “strategic partnership” policy.
- IAF issued a preliminary global tender or RFI (request for information) to acquire 110 fighter jets, of which 85% are to be built in India with a domestic strategic partner or production agency.
- IAf wants to set up a second fighter manufacturing line in India to supplement the delayed production of Tejas jets by HAL.
- The current strength of IAF is 31 fighter squadrons (each with 18 jets). It requires at least 42 to tackle Pakistan and China.
- However, 10 existing squadrons of old MiG-21s and MiG-27s are slated for retirement by 2022.
ISRO to launch navigation satellite IRNSS-1I on April 12.
- The Indian Space Research Organisation will launch the IRNSS-1I satellite in the NavIC navigation satellite constellation on April 12.
- According to ISRO’s website Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle (PSLV-C41) will take off from Satish Dhawan Space Centre in Sriharikota at 4.04am carrying IRNSS-1I.
- The launch will be PSLV’s 20th flight with ‘XL’ configuration.
- ISRO had launched IRNSS-1H in August 2017 as a replacement, but the mission failed after the heat shield covering the satellite failed to separate.
- PSLV had placed GSAT-6A.in orbit, However, Isro lost communication with the satellite.
Indian Navy conducts joint Humanitarian Assistance and Disaster Relief (HADR) exercise ‘Chakravath’.
- Chakravath, a joint humanitarian assistance and disaster relief (HADR) exercise was organised by the Indian Navy in coordination with the Kerala government.
- Kerala chief minister Pinarayi Vijayan inaugurated an exhibition at the Sagara Hall of Cochin Port Trust (CoPT).
- Various national and state level agencies, NGOs and vendors displayed a large range of disaster relief equipment.
- The CM also attended the skill Demo exercise, which was conducted in the Mattancherry Channel off the BTP Jetty.
- The exercise showcased the capabilities of the Armed Forces and all state agencies, in tackling an emergency using all available resource.
- ‘Chakravath’ is being conducted by the Southern Naval Command, here from April 5 to 8.
Latest International Current Affairs April 7 Updates from around the globe.
International Conference on human rights to be hosted by Nepal.
- The International Conference on Human Rights will be held next week at Nepal.
- The conference will address issues concerning human rights and impunity in South Asia.
- 50 representatives from 20 countries including India, Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Maldives, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines are expected to participate.
- National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) of Nepal is hosting the three-day international conference with the theme ‘Identifying challenges and assessing progress: addressing impunity and human rights in South Asia’.
- Nepal President Bidya Devi Bhandari will inaugurate the conference on April 9.
- Various papers on key issues like women rights, rights of the marginalized communities, freedom of speech, transitional justice, labor migration among others will be presented during the closed sessions.
A school for transgenders is set to open in Lahore, Pakistan.
- Come April 15, a school for Pakistan’s transgender community is set to open in Lahore.
- “The Gender Guardian” school offers a full 12 years of academic education from the primary level to matriculation, and then leading up to college.
- Technical education such as fashion designing, beautician and hair styling courses, graphic designing, computer and mobile repairing, among others will also be taught.
- Asif Shahzad has built the school in collaboration with an NGO and two more such schools will be established in Islamabad and Karachi.
- The management said that more than 40 students from the transgender community have already registered with the school.
- The school will be formally launched through an opening ceremony at Gaddafi Stadium Lahore’s Alhamra Hall.
Check out the latest trending business Current Affairs April 7 updates by reading the news.
Wipro Airport IT sells it’s 63% stake to Antariksh Softtech.
- Indian software services firm Wipro has sold 63% stake in Wipro Airport IT to Antariksh Softtech for Rs 3.15 crore.
- Wipro Airport IT Services Ltd is a joint venture (JV) between Wipro (74 per cent) and Delhi International Airport Ltd (26%).
- The company provides various IT services at the Indira Gandhi International Airport in New Delhi.
- Wipro Ltd has sold 63 per cent of its stake in Wipro Airport IT to Antariksh Softtech as part of divesture of the subsidiary.
- Both the parties have mutually agreed to introduce a third party (Antariksh Softtech) into the JV, with reduction of stake by Wipro.
Former GE executive Shane Fitzsimons joins Tata Sons as group synergy officer.
- Tata Sons, the holding company of the Tata Group has hired former GE executive Shane Fitzsimons as group synergy officer.
- Fitzsimons is the first expatriate and second executive from GE after Banmali Agrawala.
- Several new people hold key positions at Tata Sons. However, other key recruits at Tata Sons have been from TCS where Chandrasekaran was the CEO.
- Fitzsimons joined Tata Sons on April 3. He is currently working with group CFO Saurabh Agrawal and will “build and implement an operating platform to deliver synergies to improve performance.
- Fitzsimons is an FCA from Institute of Chartered Accountants, Ireland.
Current Affairs April 7 is bringing you with Records, titles and other updates from the world of sports.
Sathish Sivalingam wins gold in Common Wealth Games 2018.
- Indian Weightlifter Sathish Sivalingam defended his title successfully to get India’s third gold medal in the Commonwealth Games 2018.
- Satish won the medal in the 77 kg category in the CWG 2018 taking place in Gold Coast, Australia.
- He was the second weightlifter to bring India medal glory, taking the country’s medal-tally to five.
- Sathish who had won gold medal in 2014 CWG, set a record of 149 kg.
India beat Mauritius to qualify for mixed-team badminton semifinal.
- Indian shuttlers defeated Mauritius, 3-0 in a mixed-team badminton event on the third day of the Commonwealth Games 2018.
- With this victory, India qualified to the semifinals of the event on Sunday.
- India will be facing Singapore to secure a berth in the final.
- The Indian pair of Satwik Ranki reddy and Chirag Shetty took a total of 26 minutes to beat Mauritius’ Aatish Lubah and Christopher Jean Paul by 21-12, 21-3 to give their side a 1-0 lead.
- Women duo of Ashwini Ponnappa and N Sikki Reddy defeated Aurelie Allet and Nicki Chan-Lam in just 21 minutes by 21-8, 21-7 in women’s doubles.
- The win gave India a 2-0 lead against their opponents.
- World No. 2 shuttler Kidambi Srikanth clashed against Georges Julien Paul in Men’s Singles and picked up a 21-12, 21-14 win in straight games.
Indian women defeat England women in the ongoing ODI Series in Nagpur.
- Opener Smriti Mandhana scored a crucial 86-run knock in the thrilling one-wicket win over England women in the opening One-Day International of the three-match series, in Nagpur.
- England had set the hosts a 208-run target for a 1 -0 lead at the Vidarbha Cricket Association Stadium in Jamtha.
- Mandhana sustained partnerships with Harmanpreet Kaur (21) and Deepti Sharma (24) as India overhauled the target.
- Poonam Yadav (4/30) and Ekta Bisht (3/49) shared seven wickets between them, while DB Sharma struck twice.
- After opening pair of Danielle Wyatt (27) and Tammy Beaumont (37) shared a 71-run stand, FC Wilson scored 45 to help them cross the 200-mark.
- India had won 2-1 against South African women in a three-match ODI series last February.
- India women also lost the tri-nation T20 series, involving England and Australia, last month.
Links Related to Current Affairs April 6:
|Current Affairs | 06-April-2018||Current Affairs | 05-April-2018|
|April 2018 Current Affairs||Current Affairs PDF March 2018|
|Current Affairs 2017 & 2016||Current Affairs Quiz 2017 & 2016|
Candidates hoping to get Government Jobs can get more details about the Current updates from above links. You can read some latest Current Affairs, and attempt Current Affairs Quiz which helps you to crack various Competitive Exams. Make use of our Current Affairs April 7 and current affairs India 2018 for better scoring in exams. Users will be benefited with the free month wise Current Affairs PDF and Updates available for download. The Free Quizzes & GK Questions available in this Affairs Section will benefit all the career hopefuls to get their desired Sarkari Naukri. This current affairs daily page is well created by the dedicated team members of recruitment.guru. Make use of Current Affairs April 7.