Daily Current Affairs April 8
Have complete information about National News by reading below Current Affairs April 8
West Bengal and Karnataka to implement pilot project to reduce man-animal conflict.
- In the past three years over 1,600 people were killed by man – animals conflicts across the country.
- The Centre along with Karnataka and West Bengal governments will set up a Human-Wildlife Conflict (HWC) mitigation project.
- Gorumara wildlife division in north Bengal and Kodagu in Karnataka has been selected as a potential sites to implement the Indo-German project.
- The project will use newly developed instruments and other mitigation measures with the cooperation of officials from Germany.
- The agreement on technical cooperation was signed between India and Germany in October 2017.
- Forest ministry had in January sanctioned over Rs 10 crore for ‘immunology contraception’ of wild boars, nilgais, Rhesus Macaque Monkeys and Asian elephants.
- Technical support will be given by the Wildlife Institute of India (WII), Dehradun and National Institute of Immunology.
Nepal Prime Minister KP Sharma Oli to receive honorary doctorate from GB Pant University of Agriculture and Technology.
- Nepalese Prime Minister KP Sharma Oli will receive a honorary doctorate degree from GB Pant University of Agriculture and Technology in Pantnagar, Uttarakhand.
- The convocation ceremony will be attended by Uttarakhand CM Trivendra Singh Rawat and governor KK Paul at the Gandhi Hall of the university.
- PM Oli said that both India and Nepal are agriculture-based economies and should work together in boosting agricultural output.
- He said that Nepal looking for modernizing agriculture in Nepal along the lines of Green Revolution in India.
- Nepal was also looking at a similar initiative which can boost the country’s agricultural sector with the help of India.
- The Nepal PM arrived at Pantnagar airport accompanied by his wife and a 33-member delegation.
Maharashtra government and TATA hospital ties up for palliative care.
- The state government of Maharashtra is joining with Tata Memorial Hospital (TMH) to create a palliative care system.
- TMH will train at least 40 doctors and nurses over the next two months.
- The programme will extend from the current 8 to 17 districts in this year.
- The palliative care programme was launched in 2013 to provide symptomatic pain management to terminally ill patients.
- Lack of funding, trained staff, high number of vacancies and poor funding has hampered the programme.
- In 2013-14 the state government presented a budget of Rs 6.7 crore, while in 2014-15, a reformed proposal of Rs 4.8 crore was presented.
- The government will also tie up with pharmaceutical company Cipla along with Tata Hospital to train doctors and nurses.
Latest International Current Affairs April 8 Updates from around the globe.
Indian-origin MP elected as the leader of Singapore’s main opposition party.
- Pritam Singh, an Indian-origin lawmaker in Singapore was elected as the new secretary-general of the city-state’s main opposition Workers’ Party.
- 41 year old lawyer Singh, took over from veteran Member of Parliament (MP) Low Thia Khiang, 61.
- Singh was elected to Parliament in May 2011.
- He moved up from the assistant secretary-general post unopposed when cadres elected their party chief at the biennial Central Executive Council elections, in the first change of leadership in 17 years.
- The election of Singh means that the Workers’ Party will have a new leader when Parliament reopens next month after a mid-term break. MP Sylvia Lim retained the party’s chairmanship unopposed.
Saudi crown prince Mohammed bin Salman visits France to seek strategic partner.
- The crown prince of Saudi Arabia is making his first official visit to France.
- The prince is hoping to profit from his shake-up of the conservative kingdom.
- Mohammed bin Salman is looking for a “strategic partnership” with French President Emmanuel Macron.
- The 32-year-old prince has started major reforms to shed the kingdom’s austere image.
- Changes include giving women the right to drive, introducing concerts and promising movie theaters.
- France may think of investing in sectors like technology, renewable energy, health and tourism that Saudi Arabia wants to develop.
- The countries may also include developing a UNESCO heritage desert site.
- Prince Mohammed finished his three-week-long trip to the United States, after a three-day visit to Britain.
- His US travels gained him more than $2.3 billion in arms sales and $1.3 billion in artillery.
Agreements and MoUs
Check out the latest agreements between countries, departments, clubs and companies on Current Affairs April 8.
India and South Korea to sign pact for seafarers and boost bilateral ties.
- India and South Korea will boost bilateral ties in ports and shipping space.
- Union Minister Nitin Gadkari said both countries will sign pacts to provide Indian seafarers employment on over 500 Korean ships.
- Shipping, Road Transport & Highways, Water Resources, River Development & Ganga Rejuvenation Minister Gadkari will be on a four-day visit to Korea beginning from Monday.
- He said that both the nations are also eyeing partnerships in shipbuilding, waterways and smart transportation, among others.
- The agreement will allow Indian seafarers to work on Korean ships.
- Koreans now own more than 500 foreign going ships.
- Apart from job opportunities, the agreement will also allow recognition of maritime education and training, certificates for seafarers issued by the governments of both the countries.
Japan signed a $90 million aid agreement with Cambodia.
- Japan has signed a grant and loan agreement with Cambodia for economic and electricity transmission projects.
- Japan’s Minister of Foreign Affairs Taro Kono and Cambodia’s Foreign Affairs Minister Prak Sokhonn signed the $4.6 million grant and $86 million loan.
- The project will be undertaken in Cambodia’s capital city Phnom Penh.
- Hun Sen praised Japan for its financial assistance on Sunday but lashed out at critics.
- During a meeting with Hun Sen, foreign minister Kono said Japan would help Cambodia to become an upper middle-income country by 2030.
- Kentaro Sonoura, advisor to Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe, urged Cambodia’s political rivals to hold talks to end the political crisis.
Check out the latest trending business Current Affairs April 8 updates by reading the news.
Cisco to launch incubator for startups in Kerala.
- Global IT networking giant Cisco will launch an incubator for startups at the Indian Institute of Information Technology and Management (IIITM-K) in association with NASSCOM Foundation.
- The announcement was made at ‘Huddle Kerala’, a two-day conclave for startups in Kovalam.
- Harish Krishnan, India chief of CISCO, said that ‘thingQbator’ will assist startups whose ideas are at the core of the domain of ‘Internet of Things’ (IoT) and blockchain technology.
- Incubators on a similar model are being planned in other states as well, but the first one would roll out in Kerala.
- Unicorn India Ventures has already invested in four companies that took part in deliberations at ‘Huddle Kerala’ and that it planned to invest in two more startups very soon.
- Sea Fund is another investor which has expressed interest in the state’s emerging and innovative startups.
Uttarakhand gets a second mega food park.
- A second mega food park in Uttarakhand was inaugurated by Union Minister for Food Processing Industries Harsimrat Kaur Badal.
- The 50-acre Himalayan Mega Food Park Private Ltd is set up at a cost of Rs 99.96 crore to benefit around 25,000 farmers.
- Minister of State for Food Processing Industries Sadhvi Niranjan Jyoti and Uttarakhand State Finance Minister Prakash Pant and Transport and Social Welfare Minister Yashpal Arya were present at the event.
- The first Mega Food Park in the state is located at Haridwar.
- The food park will have a central processing center as well as well as three Primary Processing Centres (PPCs) at Ram Nagar, Ramgarh and Kaladungi.
- Facilities for primary processing and storage near the farms will help farmers of Nainital, Garhwal, Almora and Champawat.
Current Affairs April 8 is bringing you with Records, titles and other updates from the world of sports.
Punam Yadav and Vikas Thakur win gold at the Common Wealth Games.
- Punam Yadav, the fourth among seven siblings and the second of three weightlifting sisters from Varanasi won the gold in Weightlifting.
- Yadav won the gold in women’s 69 kg at the 2018 CWG.
- With this win, India won it’s fifth gold in lifting at the Common Wealth Games in Gold Coast Australia.
- Vikas Thakur in men’s 94 kg class won the gold later in the day.
- Punam defeated Australia’s Pip Malone and Apolania Vaivai of Fiji.
- Punam who took the bronze in Glasgow four years ago, hoisted a total of 100 kg in snatch and 122 kg in clean and jerk for a winning haul of 222kg.
- England’s Sarah Davies took silver in 217 (95+122) and Vaivai the bronze in 216 (100+116).
Indian Women’s Hockey Team defeats world no.2 England.
- The Indian Women’s Hockey Team has kept their semifinal dreams of the Gold Coast 2018 Commonwealth Games alive as they defeated England 2-1 victory.
- World No. 2 England had taken the lead in the 1st minute of the match with skipper Alexandra Danson scoring the first goal.
- Navneet Kaur (42′) and Gurjit Kaur (48′) scored to secure the victory which puts them in a strong position to qualify for the next round with a tally of six points.
- They now have a pool match to play against South Africa on 10 April 2018.
Indian Men’s Hockey beat Wales 4-3 at the CWG 2018 in Australia.
- India beat Wales 4-3 in the Men’s Hockey at Gold Coast Australia.
- SV Sunil’s experience enabled India to defeat Wales 4-3 in their second pool B encounter at the Commonwealth Games.
- The other scorers for India were Dilpreet Singh (16th), Mandeep Singh (28th), Harmanpreet Singh (57th).
- For Wales, Gareth Furlong scored a hat-trick to snatch India’s lead on three occasions (17′, 45′ and 58′).
- Splitting points with Pakistan after a 2-2 draw in their opener, it was a must-win game for India to keep their semi-final hopes alive.
Links Related to Current Affairs April 8:
|Current Affairs | 07-April-2018||Current Affairs | 06-April-2018|
|April 2018 Current Affairs||Current Affairs PDF March 2018|
|Current Affairs 2017 & 2016||Current Affairs Quiz 2017 & 2016|
Candidates hoping to get Government Jobs can get more details about the Current updates from above links. You can read some latest Current Affairs, and attempt Current Affairs Quiz which helps you to crack various Competitive Exams. Make use of our Current Affairs April 8 and current affairs India 2018 for better scoring in exams. Users will be benefited with the free month wise Current Affairs PDF and Updates available for download. The Free Quizzes & GK Questions available in this Affairs Section will benefit all the career hopefuls to get their desired Sarkari Naukri. This current affairs daily page is well created by the dedicated team members of recruitment.guru. Make use of Current Affairs April 8.