Daily Current Affairs April 9
Have complete information about National News by reading below Current Affairs April 9
India verifying if China built the road in Shaksgam Valley.
- Narendra Modi government is claiming that China has built around 70 km of metalled road between September 2017 and February 2018 in Shaksgam Valley.
- It is around 5,163 square km of which was illegally ceded by Islamabad to Beijing in a controversial 1963 boundary agreement.
- The Chinese aerial activity in Ladakh and Barahoti sectors has increased with PLA troops trying to achieve 100 percent patrolling objectives.
Sitaram Yechury, Prakash Karat, Pinarayi Vijayan to attend CPI(M) national conference.
- Top leaders of CPI(M), including Sitaram Yechury, Prakash Karat and Kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan will attend the party’s national conference in Hyderabad from April 18 to 22.
- T Veerabhadram said that all members of the party’s policy bureau and 850 delegates from all over the country would attend the meetings.
- CPI General Secretary S Sudhakar Reddy and leaders of other Left parties would also take part in the conference.
Shwait Malik takes over as Punjab BJP chief, internal dissent out in open.
- Shwait Malik took charge of BJPs state unit in the presence of several senior party men and a large throng of workers.
- Sharma said that it pained the workers of the party when they saw even a small state like Tripura delivering better results than Punjab
- Shwait Malik attacked the Congress government for failing to fulfil poll promises despite being in power for over one year.
BJP releases first list of candidates for Karnataka polls.
- Bharatiya Janata Party announced the first list of 72 candidates for the May 12 Karnataka assembly elections.
- The party’s chief ministerial candidate BS Yeddyurappa will contest again from Shikaripur constituency.
- He had won the seat in 2013 on a ticket from Karnataka Janata Paksha (KJP), which he had joined after falling out with the BJP.
- Senior party leader KS Eshwarappa will contest from Shivamogga constituency, where he finished in the third spot in 2013.
Arvind Kejriwal supports TDP’s demand on Andhra status.
- Delhi chief minister Arvind Kejriwal supported TDP MPs who were protesting near Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s residence to demand special status to AP.
- The Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) national convenor also went to meet the parliamentarians at Tughlak Road police station.
- After meeting the TDP MPs, Kejriwal said that their demands were “genuine” and Andhra Pradesh should be given special status.
Latest International Current Affairs April 9 Updates from around the globe.
US Sikhs celebrate Turban Day at Times Square.
- Thousands of turbans were on the heads of people from different races, religions and nationalities in the city’s Times Square.
- Turban Day events were being held as civil rights organisation a spike in hate crimes against members of the faith.
- A Turban Day celebration has been planned at the California state legislature building in Sacramento on April 12.
India-Nepal ties oriented towards future: Nepal PM Oli.
- Nepalese Prime Minister K P Sharma Oli friendship between India and Nepal is oriented towards the future and the bilateral ties have evolved according to the needs of times.
- Oli said he is visiting India in the “changed context” to contribute to the friendship between “our two countries and people”.
- This is Oli’s first visit to India after taking charge as Nepal’s prime minister for the second time in February this year.
China-Pakistan Economic Corridor to be extended to Afghanistan.
- The controversial China-Pakistan Economic Corridor the flagship project of China’s ambitious Belt and Road Initiative (BRI) is being extended to Afghanistan.
- China had unveiled in December its plans to extend the $50 billion CPEC to Afghanistan, which has sparked concerns in India.
- Chinese foreign minister Wang Yi, during his meeting with his Pakistan and Afghan counterparts, had offered to extend CPEC to Afghanistan.
- The BFA was formed by China in 2001 on the lines of the World Economic Forum in Davos and holds its meeting every year.
Check out the latest trending business Current Affairs April 9 updates by reading the news.
Microsoft Skype to offer call recording feature.
- Microsoft is working on a call recording feature in Skype that will also support integration from third-party apps including Xsplit, Wirecast and Vmix.
- Windows 10 and Mac users will be able to record calls if they switch their desktop Skype client over to the Content Creator mode.
- Users are also given the choice to pick third-party software they prefer to use and Skype will support the integration.
- Skype is going to debut the new recording integration next week at the NAB show in Las Vegas.
American Airlines orders 47 Boeing 787s, scraps A350 order.
- American Airlines Group Inc. ordered 47 Boeing Co. 787 Dream liners for long-range flying, expanding its fleet of the advanced carbon-composite jetliners.
- In a related move, American cancelled an order for 22 of Airbus’s twin-aisle A350 jets, a purchase placed by predecessor carrier US Airways.
- Adding more of the fuel-efficient Boeing aircraft will allow American to simplify its fleet and shed some of its oldest long-range jets.
Japan, Cambodia sign $90 million aid agreement.
- Japan signed a grant and loan agreement with Cambodia on Sunday totalling over $90 million.
- Japan’s Minister of Foreign Affairs Taro Kono and Cambodia’s Foreign Affairs Minister Prak Sokhonn signed the $4.6 million grant and $86 million loans.
- Hun Sen praised Japan for its financial assistance on Sunday but lashed out at critics.
Current Affairs April 9 is bringing you with Records, titles and other updates from the world of sports.
KL Rahul slams fastest-ever IPL fifty.
- Kings XI Punjab opener KL Rahul blasted a fastest-ever half-century in the history of IPL.
- Rahul achieved the feat in just 14 balls bettering the previous record made by Yusuf Pathan in 2014.
- Rahul clobbered six fours and four sixes during his stay at the crease before being dismissed for 51 by Chris Morris.
India women win gold in table tennis team event.
- Indian women’s table tennis team won the first-ever gold medal at the Commonwealth Games with a 3-1 victory over Singapore.
- This was the second time the women’s team reached a CWG final, having made its maiden appearance in the 2010 edition in Delhi.
- Earlier in the day, India blanked 3-0 England to set up a summit clash against Singapore.
Weightlifter Pardeep Singh settles for silver.
- Pardeep Singh Indian weightlifters won silver in the men’s 105 kg division in Commonwealth Games 2018.
- Pardeep, the Commonwealth Championships gold-medallist, lifted 352 kg to claim the second spot after an exciting showdown with Mao.
- The 23-year-old went for a 211 kg lift, which would have been a new Commonwealth and CWG record.
- With Pardeep’s silver, India’s total medal count is 13, with seven gold, three silver and bronze medals.
Sebastian Vettel marks 200th race in style at Bahrain Grand Prix.
- Sebastian Vettel marked his 200th Formula One race for Ferrari in Bahrain Grand Prix.
- The four-time ex-champion crossed the line with Valtteri Bottas on his tail.
- And the Finn’s Mercedes team-mate Lewis Hamilton in third.
Jitu Rai breaks CWG record to win gold.
- India’s Jitu Rai won gold in the men’s 10m air pistol at the Commonwealth Games after breaking the Games record in Gold Coast.
- Rai created a new CWG record of 235.1 in the final to win gold.
- Kerry Bell of Australia took silver with 233.5 and Om Mitharwal bagged the bronze medal for India with 214.3.
Links Related to Current Affairs April 9:
|Current Affairs | 08-April-2018||Current Affairs | 07-April-2018|
|April 2018 Current Affairs||Current Affairs PDF March 2018|
|Current Affairs 2017 & 2016||Current Affairs Quiz 2017 & 2016|
Candidates hoping to get Government Jobs can get more details about the Current updates from above links. You can read some latest Current Affairs, and attempt Current Affairs Quiz which helps you to crack various Competitive Exams. Make use of our Current Affairs April 9 and current affairs India 2018 for better scoring in exams. Users will be benefited with the free month wise Current Affairs PDF and Updates available for download. The Free Quizzes & GK Questions available in this Affairs Section will benefit all the career hopefuls to get their desired Sarkari Naukri. This current affairs daily page is well created by the dedicated team members of recruitment.guru. Make use of Current Affairs April 9.