- 1 Current Affairs August 2017 Highlights
- 2 Current affairs August 2017- Date-wise Collections
- 2.1 (August 2017 Current Affairs – Current Affairs of Aug 1st to 31st)
- 2.2 Current Affairs August 2017 – Detail Information
- 2.3 August 2017 Current Affairs Explanation
- 2.4 Current Affairs August 2017
- 2.5 Current Affairs August 2017 – Detailed Information
- 2.6 Latest Current Affairs August 2017
- 2.7 Current Affairs of August 2017
- 2.8 Current Affairs August 2017 – More Information
- 2.9 Latest Current Updates – Current Affairs August 2017
- 2.10 (August 2017 Current Affairs – Current Affairs of August 1st to 31st)
- 2.11 Current Affairs August 2017 – Current Updates
- 2.12 Current Updates August 2017
- 2.13 Current Affairs August 2017 – Aug Current Events
- 2.14 (August 2017 Current Affairs – Current Affairs of Aug 1st to 31st)
Current Affairs August 2017: Aspirants we have collected the Valuable Information for all aspirants who are preparing for Competitive Examinations. Here we have mentioned the full August 2017 Current Affairs Explanation and Highlights. The Current Affairs of August 2017 helps candidates to crack the Government and Competitive Exam like IBPS, SBI, RRB Etc., Students can also get the Current Affairs Aug 2017 Pdf from This Page. We also Provided the Current Affairs August 2017 pdf download.
Current Affairs August 2017 Highlights
August Current Affairs August 2017
Current affairs August 2017- Date-wise Collections
|Date||Current Affairs News||Current Affairs Questions||Current Affairs Quiz|
(August 2017 Current Affairs – Current Affairs of Aug 1st to 31st)
Current Affairs August 2017 – Detail Information
National Mission for cleaning Ganga has approved 7 projects.
- The Executive Committee of National Mission for Clean Ganga (NMCG) in its 4th meeting has approved seven projects in the sector of sewage infrastructure, ghat development and research.
- Three projects each got a approve in sewage sector in Uttar Pradesh and Bihar.
- Central Government will provide operation and maintenance cost for 15 years to all these six projects along with 100% central assistance
The scientist made a creation to a flexible bio glue for healing wounds.
- The scientist made a creation to a super strong flexible adhesive material by the glue that sticks to biological tissues.
- The key feature of the material is the combination of a very strong adhesive force and the ability to transfer and dissipate stress.
- Dave Mooney, a professor at Harvard University Paulson School of Engineering and Applied Sciences (SEAS) in the US made the above statement about the bio glue.
- He said this high-performance material has numerous potential applications in the medical field.
Arvind Panagariya resigns as the Vice Chairman of Niti Aayog.
- Panagariya, an Indian American economist, and professor of economics at Columbia University, named as a vice chairman of Niti Aayog.
- He was in that role from January 2015.
- He was the first vice-chairman of the Niti Aayog.
- Panagariya has earlier been the chief economist of the Asian Development Bank and a professor of economics and co-director, Center for International Economics, the University of Maryland at College Park.
August 2017 Current Affairs Explanation
Kelly sworn takes charge as Trump’s second chief of staff.
- John Kelly has taken a sworn in as president Trump’s new chief.
- He is born and brought up in Boston.
- His career in the Marine corps and Army forces last almost five years.
- He has served two US defense secretaries, Leon Panetta and Robert Gates
Sameer Garde is given a position of Cisco president.
- Tech giant Cisco has named the former Philips Health care executive Sameer Garde as their president for its India operations and SAARC operations.
- He succeeds Dinesh Malkani who is leaving the company to pursue other opportunities.
- Garde is responsible for Cisco’s senior level external engagement
About Sameer Garde
- He has previously been working for Philips, Samsung India, and Dell India.
- He is the president for South Asia Philips for 1 year and 5 months.
Current Affairs August 2017
DRDO Develops a self Ejects black box for Aeroplanes.
- Military R&D agency and DRDO has made a development to a self-ejectable black box for airplanes.
- The device ejects from aircraft when its links after an accident and self-activities when it comes into contact with water.
- Built as a part of Make in Ininitiativetive the product aims for use on planes and submarines.
Dhrupad Maestro Ustad Sayeeduddin Dagar dies at the age of 78.
- Indian Classic singer and a member and Dagar family Ustad Sayeeduddin Dagar pass away.
- He was 78 when he took his last breath.
- He represents the 19th generation of Dagar Traditional.
Current Affairs August 2017 – Detailed Information
e- RaKAM Portal took a launch by the government for selling agri produce.
- The Union Cabinet launches a portal e- RaKAM to provide a platform to sell agricultural products.
- It is a joint initiative run by state run auctioneer MSTC and Central Warehousing Corporation arm CRWC.
- It is a digital initiative platform which aims to bring the farmers together.
- It is the first kind of technology that connects farmers of smallest villages to the biggest markets of the world.
- People can see the increase in prices of crops due to rainfall or bad weather conditions by using this platform.
- It will help the farmers who play an important role in national development
Flipkart completes an eBay merge.
- Flipkart said it has completed the merger with eBay India’s operations.
- With this Agreement, eBay will now be a Flipkart Group company.
- In exchange for an equality stake in Flipkart, eBay has made a cash investment of $500 million and sold it eBay business to Flipkart.
Airtel Payments Bank made a tie up with HPCL for ATM Services.
- Airtel Payments Bank has made an achievement of 10 million customers base since their launch with Hindustan Petroleum Corporation.
- The Airtel Payments Bank Customers would be able to access a range of convenient banking services at HPCL Petrol Bunks like opening new accounts.
- Shashi Arora the Managing Director of Airtel Payments Bank said that this partnership will add to the growth of digital payments in the country.
- This cashless payment is made by smart phones as well as feature phones.
Latest Current Affairs August 2017
Bombay Stock Exchange appoints Dhirendra Swarup as their new chairman.
- Bombay Stock Exchange appoints Dhirendra Swarup as their new Chairman.
- Swarup takes the appointment after his name got an approval by the securities markets.
About Dhirendra Swarup
- He served as a chairman of the cash and Debt Management Committee of RBI From 2000 to 2003.
- He is a retired secretary to the Ministry of Finance of the Indian Government.
Former Union minister Santosh Mohan Dev Passes away.
- Former Union Minister Santosh Mohan Dev passes away.
- He is 86 and is survived by his former legislator wife Bithika Dev.
- He was elected to Lok Sabha seven times since 1980
Neymar becomes the world greatest person to receive a huge record transfer money.
- Neymar the former Barcelona Star and the Brazil Superstar received the world record transfer fee.
- He joins the PSG team by acquiring the world transfer fee of 250 million euros.
- This transfer has made a change in the power dynamic in Europen Football.
India to construct hydro electric power by world bank approval.
- World Bank has approved India to Construct hydroelectric power facilities.
- These Hydro Electric power facilities will take construction on the rivers of Jhelum and Chenab with Certain Restrictions.
- The World Bank comments came out from officials from India Pakistan conclusions over the secretary levels talks over the IWT.
- Pakistan opposes the construction of the Krishnganga and Ratle Hydroelectric power plants built by India in Jammu and Kashmir.
Current Affairs of August 2017
A Memorandum of Association (MoA) has signed to set up a regional center of the global rice research institute IRRI in Varanasi.
- Union Agriculture Ministry signs a memorandum of association to set up a regional center of the International Rice Research Institute in Varanasi, UP.
- The agreement is signed between Agriculture Secretary Shobhana K Patnaik and IRRI Director General Matthew Morell.
- The IRRI Centre will set up the National Seed Research and Training Centre (NSRTC) Campus in Varanasi.
- The proposed center will cover the sophisticated and modern laboratory with the capacity to determine quality and status of heavy metals in straw and grains.
As per the current affairs, NCTL has approved the merger of two telecommunication company Bharti Airtel and Telenor India.
- The NCTL approves the merger proposal of Telenor (India) Communications Pvt Ltd with Bharti Airtel.
- The acquisition will boost the Airtel’s 4G Spectrum holdings and revenue market share.
- This partnership may also help Airtel to strengthen the hand in the battle against the Reliance Jio Infocomm
Rajiv Kumar the next vice chairman of NITI Aayog
- D. Rajiv Kumar takes the appointment as the new vice chairman of NITI Aayog.
- Kumar is currently the founding director of Pahle India Foundation.
- He is the chancellor of the Gokhale Institute of Economics and Politics in Pune.
Jayanth Sinha in Bengaluru launches the India’s First Heli-taxi service.
- Bengaluru will become the first city in the country to provide a helicopter taxi service.
- The Civil Aviation Minister Jayanth Sinha made an announcement about this.
- The service will be operated by Thumby Aviation Private Limited who has partnered with Bangalore International Airport Ltd.
Current Affairs August 2017 – More Information
Britannia to set up its largest plant in Maharastra.
- India’s leading FMCG Britannia Industries is ready to set up its largest plant in Maharashtra
- The plant will be at food park at Ranjangaon.
- The park will be the largest biscuits manufacturing plant with six lines, along with cake and rusk.
- The company is also planning to set up a dairy project at the food park with a capacity of seven lakh liters per day
World Bank appoints IAS Officer from Gujarat S. Aparna as Executive Director
- S. Aparna an IAS officer from Gujarat Cadre takes charge as Executive Director of the World Bank.
- She takes charge as the executive director in world bank to represent the constituency of India, Bangladesh, Bhutan and Sri Lanka for three years.
- The 1988 batch IAS officer is currently the Principal Secretary of Gujarat Chief Minister Vijay Rupani.
- She will replace Subhash Garg who recently takes an appointment as Economic Affairs Secretary.
From Green Climate Fund the Maharastra Government is likely to raise $270m – Current Affairs August 2017
- The 2030 Water Resources Group will help the Maharashtra Government to raise $270 million for the Green Climate Fund.
- International France Corporation will host the 2030 WRG.
- Its main aim is to close the gap between water demand and Supply by 2030.
Dilip Chauhan the Indian-American takes the appointment as the Deputy of Comptroller of Minority Affairs of Newyork Nassau Country.
- Dilip Chauhan takes the appointment as the senior position focusing officer to minority communities in Nassau County.
- Nassau County Comptroller George Maragos names the Chauhan as the Deputy Comptroller for Minority Affairs.
- Chauhan is the active member of the India Community in Newyork
Latest Current Updates – Current Affairs August 2017
Amazon India signed MoU with Telangana State Handloom Department.
- To promote and to educate the enable weavers and artisans Amazon India has signed a MoU with Telangana State Handloom Department.
- By this agreement, the Amazon will sell the products of the handloom directly to their costumers.
- Gopal Pillai the director and GM of Amazon India said that this will improve the partnership among the and the income of the artisans and boost their economy.
Mohammad Hamid Ansari the vice president left office on 10th August.
- Vice President Mohammad Hamid Ansari will leave his chair as a Vice president today.
- His chair will be occupied with M Venakiah Naidu who was elected as a Vice President.
- Ansari was first elected to the post on 10th August 2007 and took charge on 10th August 2007
BJP MP and the Former Union Minister Sanwar Lal Jat passed away.
- Sanwar Lal Jat the Former Union Minister and BJP MP who hails from Ajmer has passed away.
- He suffered a cardiac arrest and collapsed during the party meeting with Amit Shah at Jaipur.
- He was born in 1955 and was a professor with an M.com Degree and PhD.
- He served three times as the cabinet minister in Rajasthan Government
A bill for transgenders is made to introduce in Pakistan Parliment.
- For the first time in the Pakistan Lower house parliament, a bill was made to introduce.
- The bill was to protect the fundamental rights of transgender people in the conservative Muslim nation.
- The protection of Rights the Transgender Persons Bill made a move by Naeema Kishwar to for the seek to provide equal rights to transgender persons.
(August 2017 Current Affairs – Current Affairs of August 1st to 31st)
Current Affairs August 2017 – Current Updates
The partnership between Tata motors and Skoda auto has come to an end.
- Skoda Auto and Tata motors have called off the talks of their long term potential partnership for development and production of passengers.
- Tata motors earlier signed a MoU with Volkswagen Group and Skoda auto for the technical potential collaboration.
- The companies will be in touch with each other after this incident.
Mother Teresa of Pakistan Dr Ruth Pfau passes away – 11th August 2017 Current Affairs
- The German Doctor Ruth Pfau popularly known as the Pakistan Mother Teresa passes away at the age of 87.
- She is the one who found the Marie Adelaide Leprosy Centre in Karachi in 1962.
- After finding that she later set up its branches in all provinces of Pakistan.
- She was born in 1929 in Germany and she has witnessed the horrors of World War 2.
- At the age of 29, she first made a visit to Pakistan.
- He was awarded Hilal-e-Imtiaz Pakistan Second Highest Civilian Award in 1979.
Manju Deshbandhu Gupta takes the appointment as the chairman of Pharmaceutical company Lupin.
- Manju Deshbandhu Gupta appointed as the chairman of Drug major Lupin on Friday with immediate effect.
- The board unanimously appointed her to the non-executive role for a period of two years.
- Deshbandhu Gupta, Lupin’s founder, and chairman had passed away in June 2017.
Current Updates August 2017
Rajya Sabha TV CEO, Gurdeep Singh Sappal has resigned.
- Upper House of Parliament owns and operates Rajya Sabha TV and the Vice-President is its chairman.
- The additional charge is to Shashi Shekhar Vempati, Prasar Bharati CEO.
Earthport appoints Sandeep Gupta as the new India head.
- Earthport Which runs a network for Cross border payments appoints Sandeep Gupta as its head of India.
- Sandeep Gupta has over 20 years of experience in the payments and banking Industry.
- He worked as a vice president of Global Payments and Treasury Services at the Chase Manhattan Bank NA.
The Union Cabinet gave an approval for the completion of North Koel Reservoir Project.
- The green signal has come from the Union Cabinet to complete the remaining works of the North Koel Reservoir Project in Jharkhand and Bihar.
- Completion of the North Koel Reservoir Project will create annual irrigation potential for 1,11,521 hectares of agricultural land.
- The project which is on North Koel river which is a tributary of Sone that joins the river Ganga in Bihar.
The Kalpana Chawla award is given to the former State under-19 cricket captain Preethi Srinivasan.
- Preethi Srinivasan the national level swimmer at the age of eight and also the youngest to play in the Tamil Nadu women’s cricket team received Kalpana Chawla Award.
- Preethi who was doing well in academics was a world class swimmer and the under 19 women’s cricket team captain of TN.
Current Affairs August 2017 – Aug Current Events
General Motors India appoints Sanjiv Gupta as the president and MD.
- Sanjay Gupta takes the appointment as the new MD and president of the General Motors India.
- The current President and Managing Director Kaher Kazem will hand over the company to Gupta, who is Chief Financial Officer, effective September 1.
A new 50 Rupee Note will be introduced by RBI – Current Affairs August 2017
- The Reserve Bank of India says that they will soon introduce a 50 rupee note in the new Mahatma Gandhi Series.
- The 50 rupees note will be in fluorescent blue in color.
- 50 rupee new note will have the motif of Hampi with Chariot on the reverse describing the Country cultural heritage.
- The new series 50 rupee notes will bear the signature of RBI Governor Urjit R Patel.
CTS Appoints Ramkumar Ramamoorthy in the newly created role of executive director of India.
- Ramakumar Ramamoorthy is given a new role as the executive director of India by CTS.
- Ramamoorthy is in the company for 19 years and was previously senior vice president of corporate marketing, corporate affairs, and communications.
- For strengthening CTS’s PURPOSE, Ramamoorthy will also take global ownership as a part of the company’s C2020 strategy.
India becomes largest 2 wheeler market for Honda globally beating Indonesia.
- India is now the largest two-wheeler market globally, by volume, for Japanese automobile major Honda.
- For the production of Honda India is also the biggest hub with a combine capacity of 6.4 million units compared to Indonesia.