Current Affairs Dec 13 2017
Have a complete information about National News by reading below Current Affairs.
Delhi professor’s book on food security becomes the best seller at WTO meet.
- A book on food security written by Sachin Kumar Sharma for WTO Studies has become a best seller at the 11th ministerial conference in Buenos Aires.
- The WTO and Food Security” deals with public stockholding policies of selected developing countries from the perspective of WTO rules.
- It deals with food security problems in 12 countries, including China, Egypt, India, Indonesia, Pakistan, Turkey and Zimbabwe.
Venkaiah Naidu to inaugurate world conference on Vedas in Delhi.
- Vice-President Venkaiah Naidu will inaugurate a world conference on the Vedas at the Indira Gandhi National Centre for Arts (IGNCA) on December 15.
- The three-day ‘Vishwa Ved Sammelan’ will have in-depth discussions on de-mystifying various myths and fallacies surrounding the Vedas and Manu Smriti.
- Swami Agnivesh said Fifty-one couples having interfaith and intercaste marriages will be felicitated during the event.
India and Australia hold first meet on strategic and defence ties.
- Australia and India reviewed all aspects of bilateral ties with a focus on strategic and defence relations during their first ‘2+2 dialogue.
- India already has a ‘2+2 dialogue’ with Japan, it has also agreed to start a two-by-two ministerial dialogue to enhance “peace and stability across the Indo-Pacific region.
- It said India and Australia share warm bilateral relations based on shared democratic values and pluralism.
More National News
National Current Affairs Dec 13 updates which are trending in the country.
India’s longest bridge to remain closed for two days for the safety audit.
- The Bhupen Hazarika Setu, India’s longest bridge, will be remained closed for two days this week for a safety audit.
- The 9.15-km-long bridge over Lohit, a tributary of the Brahmaputra, was inaugurated on May 26 this year.
- Since its inauguration, the Bhupen Hazarika Setu has become a major tourist attraction, with people thronging the area.
Airtel launches 4G services in Ladakh including Kargil, Dras and Leh.
- India’s largest telecom company Bharti Airtel announced the launch of 4G services in Dras, Kargil and Leh in the Ladakh region.
- Airtel has become the first operator to provide the high-speed data services in the area.
- Bharti Airtel’s chief operating officer Ajai Puri said this is a major milestone for India and for Airtel.
International Affairs on Today Current Affairs
Latest International Current Affairs Dec 13 Updates from around the globe.
Sikh-American nominated as New Jersey attorney general.
- Gurbir S Grewal, a Democratic county prosecutor in New Jersey state, is set to make history as the first Indian American Sikh to hold the position of attorney general in the United States.
- Grewal was appointed prosecutor of Bergen County by the out-going governor Chris Christie, a Republican, twice.
- He was an assistant US attorney before in New Jersey.
Russia shuts its embassy in Yemen, evacuates diplomats.
- Russia said it has temporarily shut its embassy in Yemen and evacuated all of its diplomats.
- Russian Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Maria Zakharova said in a statement that the ambassador and other diplomats will fulfil their duties in the Saudi capital, Riyadh.
- Zakharova said the decision to close the embassy was related to the security situation in the country.
China marks the 80th anniversary of Nanjing Massacre.
- China today marked the 80th anniversary of the Nanjing massacre by Japanese troops.
- According to China some 300,000 civilians and soldiers were killed after the invading Japanese military entered Nanjing, then the capital city, on December 13, 1937.
- China in 2014 formally made the anniversary a National Day of Remembrance, effectively raising its profile.
Business Updates – Dec 13 Current Affairs
Check out the latest trending business Current Affairs Dec 13 updates by reading the news.
Warburg to buy 20% stake in Bharti Telemedia for $350 million.
- Bharti Airtel Ltd and another group entity will sell a combined 20% of its satellite TV unit, Bharti Telemedia Ltd, to private equity firm Warburg Pincus for $350 million.
- The transaction will see Bharti Airtel sell 15% in Bharti Telemedia and another Bharti entity sells a 5% stake to an affiliate of the private equity firm.
- Warburg Pincus was one of the early investors in Bharti.
- As per Telecom Regulatory Authority of India Bharti Telemedia is the third-largest direct-to-home (DTH) company in India with a 21% market share as of June.
BHEL commissions coal-fired power plant in Indonesia.
- State-run BHEL announced commissioning of a 54 MW coal-fired captive power project in Indonesia.
- BHEL has executed several projects in the region including projects in Malaysia, Taiwan, Thailand and Vietnam.
- In Indonesia, the company has earlier successfully executed a 2×30 MW boiler project for PT Makmur Sejahtera Wisesa and 2×11 MW and 1×15 MW captive power projects for PT Indo Bharat Rayon (PT IBR).
Samsung India’s former Director Sales Deepak Nakra joins Xiaomi.
- Samsung India’s former Director Sales Deepak Nakra has joined rival Xiaomi.
- Deepak was in association with Samsung India from February 2012 before briefly moving to Intex as Business Head in September this year.
- According to a recent Counterpoint Research study, Xiaomi closed in on Samsung with 22% market share whereas Samsung managed to retain the top spot at 23% in third quarter of 2017.
BCCI appoints Tufan Ghosh as the chief operating officer for NCA.
- The BCCI appoints Tufan Ghosh as the chief operating officer of the National Cricket Academy in Bengaluru.
- He is one of the top professionals in the healthcare and hospitality industry, Ghosh comes with more than 29 years of experience.
- He was the CEO, Columbia Asia in 2005 and looked after operations right from the time the group’s first hospital came into existence.
Science and Technology News
SpaceX to launch first reused rocket for NASA on Friday.
- SpaceX company now aims to launch its first recycled rocket for NASA on Friday.
- The unmanned Falcon rocket originally flew in June. The Dragon capsule made a space station shipment in 2015.
- This will be the first launch in more than a year from this Florida pad, the scene of a rocket explosion in 2016.
Current Affairs Dec 13 is here with Records, Rankings, Scores and other updates from the world of sports.
Chris Gayle hits record sixes in Bangladesh Premier League final.
- Gayle has become the first batsman to cross the 11-000 run mark in the T20 cricket.
- During the course of his belligerent knock, Gayle also became the first batsman to hit 20 hundred in T20s.
- He hit 18 sixes which is also a world record in an innings in the format.
Indian men’s hockey team ends the year on the 6th spot.
- India’s men and women’s hockey teams remained in the sixth and 10th positions respectively in the rankings revealed by the International Hockey Federation (FIH).
- The men’s team was at the sixth spot at the beginning of the year and maintained it throughout the year.
- The women’s team started the year at 12th spot but their Asia Cup win last month helped them gain two spots.
- Belgium, Netherlands and Germany remain unchanged at third, fourth and fifth respectively.
Links Related to Current Affairs Dec 13:
|Questions | Dec 13 Current Affairs||Quiz | Dec 13 Current Affairs|
|Current Affairs | 12-Dec-2017||Current Affairs Quiz | 12-Dec-2017|
|Current Affairs December 2017||Current Affairs PDF Nov 2017|
|Current Affairs 2017 & 2016||Current Affairs Quiz 2017 & 2016|
Candidates hoping to get Government Jobs can get more details about the Current affairs from above links. You can read daily Current Affairs, and attempt Current Affairs Quiz which helps you to crack various Competitive Exams. Use these links to strengthen your General Knowledge Quotient. Users will be benefited from the free month wise Current Affairs PDF and Updates available for download. The Free Quizzes & GK Questions available in Current Affairs Section will benefit all the career hopefuls to get their desired Sarkari Naukri. This Daily Current Affairs page is well created by the dedicated team members of recruitment.guru.