Current Affairs Dec 14 2017
Have a complete information about National News by reading below Current Affairs.
Centre extends the deadline for linking Aadhaar with bank accounts to March 31.
- The government extended until March 31, 2018, the deadline for linking Aadhaar to bank accounts.
- The government announcement came a day after the Prevention of Money-laundering Rules, 2005 to put off the earlier deadline, December 31.
- An official statement said the new date was fixed after considering various representations received and inputs received from banks.
- Besides other schemes, the government has also mandated a February 6, 2018, deadline for linking mobile numbers with Aadhaar.
INS Kalvari to be dedicated to the nation today.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi today will commission the first of the six Scorpene-class submarines into the Indian Navy at the Naval Dockyard in Mumbai.
- In March this year, the Indian Navy successfully conducted the maiden firing of an anti-ship missile from the first indigenously built Kalvari class submarine.
- The test firing took place in the Arabian Sea and the missile has successfully hit a surface target at extended ranges.
- Built by the Mazgaon Dock Limited in Mumbai as part of Project-75 of the Indian Navy, the submarine was designed by French naval defence and energy company DCNS.
China downplays India’s entry into Wassenaar arrangement.
- China has played down the significance of India’s entry into the export control regime Wassenaar Arrangement.
- India was admitted to Wassenaar Arrangement (WA) on December 8, a development expected to raise New Delhi’s stature in the field of non-proliferation.
- China, which is not a member of the WA, stalled India’s entry into the 48-member nuclear club on the ground it was not a signatory to the Non-Proliferation Treaty (NPT).
Important National Updates
National Current Affairs Dec 14 updates which are trending in the country.
PM Narendra Modi likely to inaugurate UP Investors’ Summit.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi is likely to inaugurate the UP Investors’ Summit which will take place in Lucknow on February 21-22.
- Infrastructure and industrial development commissioner Anup Chand Pandey confirmed that the PM was likely to inaugurate the session on February 21.
- Around 5,000 delegates from India and abroad are expected to attend the event and we are expecting MoUs of Rs 1lakh crore to be signed.
16th Tata Open Golf tourney to begin from tomorrow.
- Tata Steel Group and Professional Golf Tour of India (PGTI) will host the 16th Tata Open Golf which will be played at the 18-hole lush green Golmuri Golf Course from December 14 to December 17.
- The winner of the competition will bag a cash prize of Rs 1 crore.
- Some of the country’s top professionals such as Udayan Mane, Shamim Khan, Om Prakash Chouhan, will be participating in the tournament.
Latest International Current Affairs Dec 14 Updates from around the globe.
China denies building a tunnel to divert Brahmaputra waters.
- China denied plans to construct a tunnel to divert Brahmaputra river waters amid reports of highly polluted waters from its tributary Siang flowing into India.
- In October, China had denied reports of plans to build a 1000-km long tunnel to divert Brahmaputra waters to the arid regions of Xinjiang.
- In 2016, China had declared that it would be building a dam on a tributary of the river, sparking concerns about its potential downstream impact in India.
Pakistan to reveal CPEC plan on December 18.
- Pakistan’s Minister for Planning and Development Ahsan Iqbal said the long-term plan for the China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC) will be public on December 18.
- The CPEC is a flagship project of China’s Belt and Road initiative.
- The 3,000 km, over $50 billion corridor stretches from Kashgar in western China to Gwadar port in Pakistan on the Arabian Sea.
Bermuda to end gay marriage, just months after legalising it.
- Senators in socially conservative Bermuda voted to restore a ban on gay marriage, overturning a right granted by its top court earlier this year.
- The Senate approved the Domestic Partnership Act, which replaces the right to marriage with the ability to form same-sex partnerships, by a vote of 8-3
- Government Senate leader Kathy Simmons said the bill reflected the majority sentiment.
Check out the latest trending business Current Affairs Dec 14 updates by reading the news.
RBI imposes Rs 3 crore penalty on IndusInd Bank.
- The Reserve Bank has imposed a penalty of Rs 3 crore on IndusInd Bank for deficiencies in regulatory compliance.
- A notice was issued to the bank advising it to show cause as to why the penalty should not be imposed on it for non- compliance with directions issued by RBI.
IndiGo, Jet Airways put in bids for operating UDAN flights.
- IndiGo, Jet Airways and SpiceJet have submitted bids under the regional connectivity scheme’s second round of bidding.
- The financial bids in the second round of the scheme Ude Desh ka Aam Naagrik (UDAN) will open on Thursday while the technical bids got open on December 5.
- The UDAN scheme seeks to connect unserved and under-served airports as well as make flying more affordable.
Science and Technology Updates
Google opens Artificial Intelligence-focused research centre in China.
- Google announced that it will open a new Artificial Intelligence research centre in Beijing, tapping China’s talent pool in the promising technology.
- The announcement comes despite the US search giant’s exclusion from the country’s internet.
- Google’s move to open a Beijing office focused on fundamental research is an indication of China’s AI talent.
Current Affairs Dec 14 is bringing you with Records, titles and other updates from the world of sports.
Sachin named Asian Boxing Confederation’s youth boxer of the year.
- World youth champion Sachin Siwach was named the Asian Boxing Confederation’s best youth boxer of the year.
- Siwach, who won the world title last year, claimed the Asian youth championships silver this year besides a gold at the Youth Commonwealth Games.
Horn retains WBO welterweight title with TKO win over Corcoran.
- Australian Jeff Horn retained his World Boxing Organisation welterweight title with an 11th round TKO win over English challenger Gary Corcoran.
- Horn, in his first title defence, since he upset Philippine boxing hero Manny Pacquiao in Brisbane in July this year.
- It took Horn’s career record to 18 wins, 12 by KO with one draw.
More Sports Updates
Record-breaking news in the world of cricket on Dec 14 Current Affairs
Rohit Sharma scores third ODI double-century.
- Rohit Sharma became the first player on the planet to cross the 200-run mark thrice in one-day internationals.
- He is the only cricketer to score three double centuries in ODIs and two of them have come against the same opponent Sri Lanka.
- It was the 100th time India went past the 300-run mark in ODI history, the first team to achieve the feat.
- This was Rohit’s 16th ODI century, taking him past Sehwag to fourth place in India’s all-time centurion list.
Links Related to Current Affairs Dec 14:
|Questions | Dec 14 Current Affairs||Quiz | Dec 14 Current Affairs|
|Current Affairs | 13-Dec-2017||Current Affairs Quiz | 13-Dec-2017|
|Current Affairs December 2017||Current Affairs PDF Nov 2017|
|Current Affairs 2017 & 2016||Current Affairs Quiz 2017 & 2016|
Candidates hoping to get Government Jobs can get more details about the Current affairs from above links. You can read daily Current Affairs, and attempt Current Affairs Quiz which helps you to crack various Competitive Exams. Use these links to strengthen your General Knowledge Quotient. Users will be benefited from the free month wise Current Affairs PDF and Updates available for download. The Free Quizzes & GK Questions available in Current Affairs Section will benefit all the career hopefuls to get their desired Sarkari Naukri. This Daily Current Affairs page is well created by the dedicated team members of recruitment.guru.