Current Affairs Dec 15 2017
Have a complete information about National News by reading below Current Affairs Dec 15.
BJD to celebrate its 20th foundation day in Puri.
- Twenty years after Biju Patnaik’s death, the party named after the chief minister of Odisha will celebrate its 20th foundation day on December 26.
- The Biju Janata Dal, formed after the death of Patnaik in December 1997, will celebrate its foundation day in Puri for the first time since the party was floated.
- In the last 20 years, BJD’s strength has grown from 4.5 lakh in 1997 to 46 lakh this year, making it one of Odisha’s most successful regional parties.
Rajasthan govt orders Deendayal Upadhyay logo on letter pads.
- The general administration department of the Rajasthan has issued a circular to governance organisations in the state to insert the logo of Deendayal Upadhyay in letter pads.
- The circular has been addressed to all the additional chief secretaries, principal secretaries, secretaries and departmental heads.
- Officials said each government department will be printing the new stationary with the logo of Upadhyay.
Alphabet’s X sells new wireless internet tech to Andhra Pradesh.
- Alphabet Inc’s X research division said that Andhra Pradesh state government would buy its newly developed technology of the internet.
- The new technology has the potential to provide high-speed wireless internet to millions of people without laying cable.
- Terms of the deal were not disclosed, but the agreement, which begins next year, would see 2,000 boxes installed as far as 20 kilometres.
- The agreement is an outgrowth of X’s Project Loon, which on several occasions has beamed cellphone service to Earth from a network of large balloons.
Latest International Current Affairs Dec 15 Updates from around the globe.
China, Pakistan in contact over controversial dam in Gilgit-Baltistan.
- China has denied it demanded “full ownership” and the right to operate the Diamer-Bhasha dam in the disputed Gilgit-Baltistan region.
- The National Development and Reform Commission (NDRC) dismissed reports that China had not only claimed ownership of the dam.
- But NDRC says China also wanted collateral security for the project in the form of another operational dam.
- India has raised objections to the construction of the dam as its site is in Gilgit-Baltistan.
World’s steepest funicular railway to open in Switzerland.
- Swiss technology is due to hit new heights when the world’s steepest funicular line opens at one of its Alpine resorts.
- Swiss President Doris Leuthard will officially open the 52 million-Swiss franc ($52.6 million) project running from Schwyz to the mountain village of Stoos.
- The train, which will go into public service on Sunday, will climb 743 metres over a span of 1,738 metres, at speeds of up 10 metres per second.
Japan imposes new sanctions on North Korea.
- Japan has announced it is freezing the assets of 19 companies to step up pressure on North Korea to halt its nuclear weapons and missile development.
- The Foreign Ministry said that the companies deal in finance, coal and minerals, transport including shipping and sending North Korean workers overseas.
- A ministry official said the unilateral move shows Japan’s commitment to sanctions ahead of a U.N. Security Council meeting in New York.
More International Updates
Details about the Norway conversation from FM radio to digital radio in Current Affairs Dec 15.
Norway becomes the first country to switch off FM radio, moves to digital radio.
- Norway completed its transition to digital radio, becoming the first country in the world to shut down national broadcasts of its FM radio network despite some grumblings.
- The transition, which began on January 11, allows for better sound quality, a greater number of channels and more functions, all at a cost eight times lower than FM radio.
- Currently, fewer than half of motorists (49 percent) are able to listen to DAB in their cars, according to DRN figures.
Check out the latest trending business Current Affairs Dec 15 updates by reading the news.
Disney buying the large part of 21st Century Fox in $52.4 billion deal.
- Disney is buying a large part of the Murdoch family’s 21st Century Fox in a $52.4 billion deal, including film and television studios, cable and international TV businesses.
- It is trying to meet competition from technology companies in the entertainment business.
- Before the buyout, 21st Century Fox will separate the Fox Broadcasting network and stations and others into a newly listed company.
HDFC sells, invokes pledged shares of Unitech.
- HDFC has sold 1.29 crore shares of Unitech in the open market and invoked nearly 8.2 crores pledged shares.
- Promoters hold 17.92 percent stake in Unitech, of which 73 percent is pledged, as per the shareholding pattern at the end of the second quarter of this fiscal.
- Unitech’s share price closed marginally up at Rs 6.67 apiece on the BSE today.
Current Affairs Dec 15 updates on Appointment which are trending in the country.
Rashesh Shah takes over as Ficci President.
- Rashesh Shah took over as the president of Ficci for 2017-18 after the conclusion of the chamber’s Annual General Meeting.
- Shah is also the Chairman & CEO of Edelweiss Group.
- Rashesh Shah has spent over 25 years in the corporate and financial markets sector and is one of the leading spokespersons for the industry.
Narinder Batra elected as IOA president.
- International Hockey Federation (FIH) chief Narinder Batra was elected as president of Indian Olympic Association (IOA).
- Batra’s election to the top post was a formality after ATF chief Anil Khanna withdrew from the race last week.
- IWF president Birendra Baishya was also in the fray initially but eventually pulled out of the race.
Agreements that took place around the world on Dec 15 Current Affairs
Tata group joins hands with GE to make aircraft engine components.
- The Tata group and the US corporate giant GE have signed an agreement to manufacture components for CFM International’s LEAP engines in the country.
- The joint venture will be executed by the Tata Group aerospace arm, Tata Advanced Systems and GE Aviation.
- Under the strategic partnership, GE Aviation and Tata Advanced Systems will join forces to manufacture, assemble, integrate and test aircraft components.
India, Morocco sign pact to boost cooperation in the health sector.
- India and Morocco signed a pact to enhance cooperation in several areas of health sector including non-communicable diseases and maternal, child and neonatal health.
- The Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) was signed by India’s Health Minister J P Nadda and Abdelkader Amara, Ministry of Health, Kingdom of Morocco.
Science and Technology Events
Nokia to work with IIT-Delhi to improve networks using AI.
- Nokia and the Indian Institute of Technology-Delhi (IIT-Delhi) have signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to use data science, analytics and Artificial Intelligence (AI) to make networks more efficient and reliable.
- The collaboration will allow IIT-Delhi to leverage Nokia’s technological leadership in communications networking to conduct research in these areas.
Microsoft launches Azure Stack in India to expedite the transition to the cloud.
- Microsoft launched Azure Stack in India being one of the key markets for the company.
- Azure Stack is essentially an extension of Microsoft’s Azure Cloud platform and brings the agility and fast-paced innovation of Cloud computing.
- The tech giant said that 70 of the top 100 Bombay Stock Exchange-listed companies are now using Microsoft Cloud to drive their digital transformation.
Current Affairs Dec 15 is bringing you with Records, titles and other updates from the world of sports.
Junior Elavenil wins 10m air rifle national title.
- Ahmedabad girl Elavenil Valarivan won gold in 61st National Shooting Championships by clinching the senior women’s 10m air rifle.
- With the top finish, Elavenil bettered the old national record of 249.8, set by Pooja Ghatkar at the Brisbane Commonwealth Shooting Championship in November.
Mehuli Ghosh wins 8 gold medals at National Shooting Championship.
- Talented Bengal shooter Mehuli Ghosh won eight gold medals at the ongoing 61st National Shooting Championship Competitions.
- She also won the women’s youth individual gold in the event, getting the better of Shreya Agrawal of Madhya Pradesh in the final.
- A total of 4800 men and women shooters from across the country are participating in the 61st NSCC including 200 wildcard entries.
Links Related to Current Affairs Dec 15:
|Questions | Dec 15 Current Affairs||Quiz | Dec 15 Current Affairs|
|Current Affairs | 14-Dec-2017||Current Affairs Quiz | 14-Dec-2017|
|Current Affairs December 2017||Current Affairs PDF Nov 2017|
|Current Affairs 2017 & 2016||Current Affairs Quiz 2017 & 2016|
Candidates hoping to get Government Jobs can get more details about the Current affairs from above links. You can read daily Current Affairs, and attempt Current Affairs Quiz which helps you to crack various Competitive Exams. Use these links to strengthen your General Knowledge Quotient. Users will be benefited from the free month wise Current Affairs PDF and Updates available for download. The Free Quizzes & GK Questions available in Current Affairs Section will benefit all the career hopefuls to get their desired Sarkari Naukri. This Daily Current Affairs page is well created by the dedicated team members of recruitment.guru.