Current Affairs Dec 17 2017
Read the latest national news from across the country in Current Affairs Dec 17.
PM Narendra Modi inaugurated the Tuirial hydroelectric power project in Mizoram.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the 60-megawatt Tuirial hydroelectric power project in Aizawl, Mizoram.
- Mizoram is now the third power- surplus state in the north-east after Sikkim and Tripura.
- The project has been built at a cost of ₹ 1,302 crore. It has been constructed as a central sector project and implemented by North Eastern Electric Power Corporation (NEEPCO).
- The Prime Minister also launched the ‘MyDoNER App’ and inaugurated the Shillong – Nongstoin Rongjeng Tura road.
Rs 90,000 crores announced for improving roads and national highways.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced the sanction of Rs 90,000 crore for improving roads and national highways in the Northeast to improve connectivity.
- An investment of Rs 60,000 crore has been proposed under the Special Accelerated Road Development Project (SARDP) in the Northeast.
- Investment of Rs 30,000 crore under Bharatmala is proposed for development of national highways in northeastern states.
- The central government has sanctioned 4,000-km of national highway (NH) across the Northeast at a cost of Rs 32,000 crore.
- 1,200 km of NH was constructed at an expenditure of nearly Rs 14,000 crore in the last three years.
Nagaland Chief Minister inducts 6 new ministers to his cabinet.
- Chief Minister of Nagaland, TR Zeliang inducted six new ministers into his cabinet in the place of six others who had been removed.
- The new ministers were sworn in and administered the oath of office by Governor PB Acharya.
- The new ministers are yet to be assigned portfolios.
- The six ministers are Naga People’s Front (NPF) MLAs SI Jamir, Y Vikheho Swu, P Longon, Kuzholuzo Nienu and CL John and P Paiwang Konyak of the BJP.
Important National Updates
Check out more National News in Current Affairs Dec 17 updates, find out which of them are trending in the country.
Bhubaneswar gets Eastern India’s first CNG station.
- Union petroleum minister Dharmendra Pradhan inaugurated eastern India’s first compressed natural gas (CNG) stations at Chandrasekharpur and Patia in Bhunaneswar.
- He also launched CNG-run scooters and auto-rickshaws. He said CNG connection is the New Year gift for Odisha.
- A CNG-run scooter can run 80 km per one kg of fuel and an auto-rickshaw for 60 km per 1 kg of CNG.
- He added that two more stations will be ready soon at Khandagiri and Tamando area and planning to build 15 similar stations in Bhubaneswar and 10 others at Cuttack in a phased manner.
- The minister also laid the foundation stone for two gas pipelines – one new Dhamra-Angul main line and Bhubaneswar-Cuttack-Paradip spur line – to supply gas to the CGD project and other commercial purposes.
- GAIL will also sign term-sheets with industrial customers to supply CNG and an MoU was signed for skill development of local youths.
Latest news from the army, air force and navy of the Republic of India.
Navy to increase it’s aircraft fleet to 500 in the next 10 years.
- Chief of Naval Staff Admiral Sunil Lanba said that the Indian Navy will increase its aircraft fleet to nearly 500.
- The air wing of the navy currently has 238 air crafts. It has fighters, helicopters and short range and long range maritime patrol aircraft.
- He said the defence wing is committed to the government’s ‘Make in India‘ programme and currently has 34 ships and submarines under construction in Indian shipyards.
- Air Force Academy said that 105 flight cadets passed out as Flying Officers, including 15 women officers. The officers include two fighter pilots.
The Armed Forces celebrated Vijay Diwas.
- The Indian armed forces celebrated Vijay Diwas, which marks India’s victory over Pakistan in the 1971 war.
- December 16, 1971, 93,000 troops of the Pakistan Army surrendered to the Indian Army.
- Several wreath-laying ceremonies were organised by the Indian Army to mark the 46th anniversary of the victory in the Indo – Pak war, which liberated Bangladesh.
- General-officer-Commanding of the White Knight Corps (16 Corps), Lt. Gen. Saranjit Singh, laid wreaths at Ashwamedh Shaurya Sthal, a war memorial, at Nagrota in Jammu.
- The White Knight Corps was raised on June 1, 1972 on the banks of the Tawi River at Nagrota.
Latest International Current Affairs Dec 17 Updates from around the globe.
Sebastian Pinera won Chile’s presidential election.
- Conservative Sebastian Pinera won Chile‘s presidential election by a wider margin on Sunday.
- Pinera won 54.58 per cent of votes compared to 45.42 per cent for the centre-left Alejandro Guillier.
- 68-year-old Mr. Pinera, governed from 2010 to 2014, he won more votes than any president since Chile’s return to democracy in 1990.
- It was also the biggest ever loss for the centre-left coalition, since the end of Augusto Pinochet‘s dictatorship.
- Mr. Pinera is the son of a prominent centrist politician and is a Harvard-trained economist who made his fortune introducing credit cards to Chile in the 1980s.
- He was ranked #745 on Forbes’ global rich list, with a $2.7 billion fortune.
Important Business deals and agreements. New Launches and acquisitions, all under one roof at the Current Affairs Dec 17.
IT major Saralweb launches ERP solution for security industry.
- IT firm Saralweb launched a cloud-based mobile ERP solution designed for the security services industry.
- The software will help streamline processes and digitize the organisation in day- to-day operations and increases revenues.
- The software has been developed with extensive industry and government agency involvement, followed by testing and validation against feedback at multiple stages, he said.
- It can handle routine operations like recruitment, quotations, contracts, allocation of guards, recording of attendance, invoicing, payroll, and statutory reporting as well as provide e-mail integration, GPS tracking and customisation.
Realty firm Parsvnath Developers to invest Rs. 100 crores in West Delhi.
- Parsvnath Developers will invest about Rs 100 crore to develop a shopping mall in the national capital.
- A shopping mall will be developed at Netaji Shubhash Place in West Delhi.
- Parsvnath Developers Chairman Pradeep Jain said the investment will be Rs 100 crore on this shopping mall.
- It is earning over Rs 80 crore from the first phase of office building near Gole Market in central Delhi and about Rs 40 crore from other commercial assets, including metro malls.
- Parsvnath is constructing the second phase of the Gole Market property and expects it to be completed by June next year.
Interesting news from the world of sports. Current Affairs Dec 17 is bringing you the Records, titles and wins of various sports from across the country and the globe.
Upul Tharanga completed 1000 runs in one day internationals.
- Sri Lankan batsman Upul Tharanga completed 1,000 runs in ODIs.
- He became the first Sri Lanka batsman after Tillakaratne Dilshan in 2015 to reach 1,000 runs.
- He has 2 centuries and 6 fifties this year.
- Indian skipper Virat Kohli leads with 1,460 runs in 26 matches while Rohit Sharma has 1,286 runs in 21 matches.
Kerala Blasters registers first win in the Indian Super League.
- Kerala Blasters celebrated their first win in the Indian Super League at the Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium.
- C.K. Vineeth scored for Kerala Blasters in the 24th minute turned out to the match-winner.
- NEUFC goalkeeper Rehenesh was shown a straight red for bringing down Sifneos just outside the box.
- Kerala Blasters coach Rene Meulensteen made three changes to the squad after the defeat against FC Goa.
Links Related to Current Affairs Dec 18:
|Questions | Dec 17 Current Affairs||Quiz | Dec 17 Current Affairs|
|Current Affairs | 16-Dec-2017||Current Affairs Quiz | 16-Dec-2017|
|Current Affairs December 2017||Current Affairs PDF Nov 2017|
|Current Affairs 2017 & 2016||Current Affairs Quiz 2017 & 2016|
Candidates hoping to get Government Jobs can get more details about the Current affairs from above links. You can read daily Current Affairs, and attempt Current Affairs Quiz which helps you to crack various Competitive Exams. Use these links to strengthen your General Knowledge Quotient. Users will be benefited from the free month wise Current Affairs PDF and Updates available for download. The Free Quizzes & GK Questions available in Current Affairs Section will benefit all the career hopefuls to get their desired Sarkari Naukri. This Daily Current Affairs page is well created by the dedicated team members of recruitment.guru.